Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    No self-respecting troll covers their feet.
    Exactly.

I got weirded out when I tested Alliance warfront gear on trolls and the boots were covered and I was like "that is soo weird". After playing so many years with them without shoes it's just odd to see them with ones.
    But Maldraxxus plate looks great on Darkspears regardless. And it's the only plate gear that covers troll feet.

Trolls are like Hobbits from Lotr, they could wear shoes but don't need it. I imagine that their feat are also designed to use their toes to grab on something if they need to. It's helpful for climbing, and shoe- unless it would be like japanese socks - like, wouldn't make it possible to use their toes.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Troll are a savage and primitive race. Walking around barefoot (with those ugly disgusting toes) is supposed to be part of the Troll race fantasy.
    How about them?

They also walk barefoot. Looks like they're also primite and savage. And they also don't take care of their toes, looks at those nails.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    They also walk barefoot. Looks like they're also primite and savage. And they also don't take care of their toes, looks at those nails.
    According to Elisande, the Night elves have indeed become savage like trolls. As for the Nightborne, the difference between trolls and any elf is that your average elf actually has nice feet to look at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll are a savage and primitive race. Walking around barefoot (with those ugly disgusting toes) is supposed to be part of the Troll race fantasy.
    Being a criminally insane junkie for magic is no longer part of the elf fantasy, not everyone wants their trolls to be jungle savages.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Being a criminally insane junkie for magic is no longer part of the elf fantasy, not everyone wants their trolls to be jungle savages.
    But all trolls are savages. Some live in jungles, others in the desert, others in a frozen tundra, but at the core they are all savages.

So much so that their greatest architectural work, Dazar'alor, is dissed as "ugly" by random Blood elf tourists.

You play a troll and you complain about playing a savage and primitive character lol.

It's like playing an elf and complaining that your character is too beautiful and elegant... couldn't be Me

If you don't want to play a jungle savage, you can use the SL Farraki options to play a desert savage instead. If that's more to your liking.

Or you can just not play a troll, which is clearly coded to be savage race in any fantasy universe. But you can't play a troll and then complain that your character looks too savage, just like you can't play a human and complain that your character looks too boring.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-06 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But all trolls are savages. Some live in jungles, others in the desert, others in a frozen tundra, but at the core they are all savages.

So much so that their greatest architectural work, Dazar'alor, is dissed as "ugly" by random Blood elf tourists.

You play a troll and you complain about playing a savage and primitive character lol.

It's like playing an elf and complaining that your character is too beautiful and elegant... couldn't be Me

If you don't want to play a jungle savage, you can use the SL Farraki options to play a desert savage instead. If that's more to your liking.

Or you can just not play a troll, which is clearly coded to be savage race in any fantasy universe. But you can't play a troll and then complain that your character looks too savage, just like you can't play a human and complain that your character looks too boring.
    It's not farfetched that many trolls born within the last few decades never set foot in a jungle and grew up in the cities.

Also it's weird to say I am complaining, when I'm not, feels very Instigatey.

Also Dazar'Alor is Zandalari trolls, as different from Darkspear as Night Elves are from Void Elves.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2023-02-06 at 08:30 PM.

Savages don't build lavish cities, don't create their own language, don't have their own religion that's pretty in depth, don't build massive ships, don't have an in-depth culture, wouldn't be able to wield some of the most powerful magic a world has seen, and wouldn't be considered one of the most powerful militaries on the planet.

Just say you're exceptionally biased and just want excuses to say nasty shit about the Horde. It would be more honest. Because trolls are not, by definition, savages. Maybe go look up what the word "savage" actually means.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    How dare you?! The Earth is sacred to every Troll! Their connection to it is through the very feet they use to walk upon the ground! To cover it in any way would be sacrilege! You could no sooner ask them to stop breathing in the Air around us, drinking Water, or tending to Fire for warmth. A "civilized" Elf like yourself could never understand something so holy and pure...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Savages don't build lavish cities, don't create their own language, don't have their own religion that's pretty in depth, don't build massive ships, don't have an in-depth culture, wouldn't be able to wield some of the most powerful magic a world has seen, and wouldn't be considered one of the most powerful militaries on the planet.

Just say you're exceptionally biased and just want excuses to say nasty shit about the Horde. It would be more honest. Because trolls are not, by definition, savages. Maybe go look up what the word "savage" actually means.
    I looked up "savage", and all I got was a picture of Warlords of Draenor.

I mean Trolls soles are among the strongest material in all of Azeroth. Since they can withstand walking in lava

It's not farfetched that many trolls born within the last few decades never set foot in a jungle and grew up in the cities.
    Their cities are all in the middle of nowhere. Zul'aman is in the middle of a forest, Zul'gurub is in the middle of jungle, Zul'farrak is in the middle of desert, Zul'draka is in the middle of Frozen undead wasteland. It doesn't matter if they lived in cities when those cities are in the middle of nowhere.

It's the same reason why Elisande called the Night elves savages and compared them to trolls, despite them having (in the past) their own city of Darnassus. It's because their city was still in the middle of a massive forest, making it a savage kind of city.

Also Dazar'Alor is Zandalari trolls, as different from Darkspear as Night Elves are from Void Elves.
    Which is in the middle of the jungle and clearly didn't impress the Blood elf tourists who called it ugly.

Nothing about their cities is lavish lmao, the Blood elves literally called it ugly. Anything the Blood elves find ugly can't be lavish.

Dazar'alor looks pathetic compared to any city of the ancient Highborne Empire (Zin-Azshari, Suramar, Eldre'thalas, I would include Silvermoon too), which fits with the lore of elves being evolved trolls. The rest of the troll cities aren't even worth bringing up as they're just some stone walls with the occasional pyramid at the centre and a bunch of huts surrounding it.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-06 at 09:23 PM.

Their cities are all in the middle of nowhere. Zul'aman is in the middle of a forest, Zul'gurub is in the middle of jungle, Zul'farrak is in the middle of desert, Zul'draka is in the middle of Frozen undead wasteland. It doesn't matter if they lived in cities when those cities are in the middle of nowhere.

It's the same reason why Elisande called the Night elves savages and compared them to trolls, despite them having (in the past) their own city of Darnassus. It's because their city was still in the middle of a massive forest, making it a savage kind of city.

Which is in the middle of the jungle and clearly didn't impress the Blood elf tourists who called it ugly.

Nothing about their cities is lavish lmao, the Blood elves literally called it ugly. Anything the Blood elves find ugly can't be lavish.

Dazar'alor looks pathetic compared to any city of the ancient Highborne Empire (Zin-Azshari, Suramar, Eldre'thalas, I would include Silvermoon too), which fits with the lore of elves being evolved trolls. The rest of the troll cities aren't even worth bringing up as they're just some stone walls with the occasional pyramid at the centre and a bunch of huts surrounding it.
    Blood elves think EVERYTHING that isn't something they made is ugly. So using them as some kind of gauge is utterly asinine.

Nothing you have said is a valid point or even remotely accurate. you're clearly just jumping at any excuse to say something negative about the Horde even with you're INCREDIBLY wrong. Again, look up what the word "savage" means before you use it again. Because trolls do not fit the definition of what a savage is.

3+ Year Old Account
    They are literally calling a city of their ancestors ugly lmao

Blame Blizzard for that. Mount Mugamba is supposed to be snowy, but its far too warm in Zuldazar for any snow. Would've been nice to see a winter zone in Zandalar.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Blood elves think EVERYTHING that isn't something they made is ugly. So using them as some kind of gauge is utterly asinine.
    Dazar'alor pales in comparison to the wonders of ancient Zin-Azshari or ancient Suramar. This is pretty much a fact by just looking at them. Not only Highborne architecture is richer and more elaborate than a simple pyramid, but it is also decorated with various adornments of magical nature, while Dazar'alor is plain-looking.

It is not an opinion that Suramar and Zin-Azshari look more advanced than Dazar'alor, it's a fact by just looking at them, as such it is not surprising that Blood elf tourists find Dazar'alor ugly.

And it should also be noted that the main component of Dazar'alor, the Great Seal, wasn't built by the Zandalari, but by the Titan Keepers. All the Zandalari did was build a crude pyramid around it.

look up what the word "savage" means before you use it again
    And maybe you should play the race you love so much, since literally their intro cutscene clearly mentions that they are savages:

Exiled years ago from their land in Stranglethorn Vale, the Darkspear trolls attempted to make a new home for themselves among the disparate races of the Horde. Under the leadership of the noble Warchief Thrall, Vol'jin and his savage trolls had finally found the honor and purpose they had been searching for but now, under the rule of the headstrong Garrosh Hellscream, the trolls fear that the Horde could tear itself apart. Vol'jin knows that whatever threats loom ahead, whether they be from within the Horde or from without, it is cunning trolls like you that will fight to preserve the honor of the Horde.

As if the fact that they live in mud huts, practised cannibalism, and performed blood sacrifices didn't make that clear enough.

Either way, your concession is accepted. Darkspear trolls are Canonically stated to be savages, and they were the most diplomatic troll tribe, enough said.

I'll admit that the Zandalari are less savage than jungle trolls; but, to be fair, the Zandalari are called "The elves of trolls" for a reason
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-06 at 10:27 PM.

Dazar'alor pales in comparison to the wonders of ancient Zin-Azshari or ancient Suramar. This is pretty much a fact by just looking at them. Not only Highborne architecture is richer and more elaborate than a simple pyramid, but it is also decorated with various adornments of magical nature, while Dazar'alor is plain-looking.

It is not an opinion that Suramar and Zin-Azshari look more advanced than Dazar'alor, it's a fact by just looking at them, as such it is not surprising that Blood elf tourists find Dazar'alor ugly.

And it should also be noted that the main component of Dazar'alor, the Great Seal, wasn't built by the Zandalari, but by the Titan Keepers. All the Zandalari did was build a crude pyramid around it.

And maybe you should play the race you love so much, since literally their intro cutscene clearly mentions that they are savages:

As if the fact that they live in mud huts, practised cannibalism, and performed blood sacrifices didn't make that clear enough.

Either way, your concession is accepted. Darkspear trolls are Canonically stated to be savages, and they were the most diplomatic troll tribe, enough said.

I'll admit that the Zandalari are less savage than jungle trolls; but, to be fair, the Zandalari are called "The elves of trolls" for a reason
    So in other words, you will just continue to fabricate reasons to talk shit about the Horde even when you are completely and utterly wrong. You saying Dazar'alor is plain looking is nothing but you grasping at straws to create more reasons to insult the horde. And Blizzard ALSO doesn't know what the word savage means because they're using it wrong too.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/savage

"relating to or being a preliterate people or society regarded as uncivilized or primitive."

So....no. Trolls are not savages for exactly the reasons I've already listed. Just take the L and stop acting like you have ANY idea what you're talking about.

So in other words, you will just continue to fabricate reasons to talk shit about the Horde even when you are completely and utterly wrong.
    Last I checked, Suramar is a Horde city and I just praised it. Your accusations against me are baseless as I just praised a Horde city (Suramar) for its beauty.

You saying Dazar'alor is plain looking is nothing but
    -FACTS- Since Dazar'alor is *just* a pyramid. It doesn't have any magical lights or ornate architecture, that already makes it inferior to the Highborne palaces.

"relating to or being a preliterate people or society regarded as uncivilized or primitive."
    Didn't poor Zekhan need Lor'themar's help to read and write though?

Trolls are not savages
    In your headcanon, maybe. In Blizzard Canon, they are.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-06 at 10:44 PM.

Last I checked, Suramar is a Horde city and I just praised it. Your accusations against me are baseless as I just praised a Horde city (Suramar) for its beauty.

-FACTS- Since Dazar'alor is *just* a pyramid. It doesn't have any magical lights or ornate architecture, that already makes it inferior to the Highborne palaces.

Didn't poor Zekhan need Lor'themar's help to read and write though?

In your headcanon, maybe. In Blizzard Canon, they are.
    So you are just going to insistent on being wrong huh? Also, Suramar is only TECHNICALLY a Horde city since it was built before the Nightborne even came across the Horde and Alliance. So no, I'm not going to accept you praising Suramar as proof you're willing to compliment the Horde.

Really? It's clear you've never actually played a Horde character if you actually think that of Dazar'alor.

Using ONE TROLL as the standard for ALL trolls is so exceptionally dishonest. Like holy fucking shit, dude. And no. It's not my "headcanon". It's a fact that Blizzard and you have used the wrong fucking word.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shoes are for the weak

Thats why void elves use them
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account

A darkspear troll could have been born and lived in Silvermoon their entire life. This is the melting pot age of Warcraft's history and you can see it throughout many NPC interactions. Blizzard is using this exact reasoning for why any race will be any class soon, including Darkspear Troll Paladins. Where a race came from and their history in WC3 is approaching 30 years ago.

Also i don't know why you refer to Blood Elves as being the authority on what is lavish or not, they are stereotyped as being snobbish erudites. Next we should say Blood Elves are really unintelligent because the Goblins say they can't build tech.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2023-02-07 at 03:54 AM.

So you are just going to insistent on being wrong huh? Also, Suramar is only TECHNICALLY a Horde city since it was built before the Nightborne even came across the Horde and Alliance. So no, I'm not going to accept you praising Suramar as proof you're willing to compliment the Horde.

Really? It's clear you've never actually played a Horde character if you actually think that of Dazar'alor.

Using ONE TROLL as the standard for ALL trolls is so exceptionally dishonest. Like holy fucking shit, dude. And no. It's not my "headcanon". It's a fact that Blizzard and you have used the wrong fucking word.
    The Zekhan fiasco was just wrong on logical level. I mean why would Horde send an ambassador to Zandalar who cannot even write reports of his progress? It makes entirety of the Horde to be dumb as bricks and highly incompetent.
    It also puts LTT in a weird light, because when have you've seen a head of the state to act as primary teacher? Didn't he have more serious responsibilities to take care off? He has so much free time to teach other Horde members how to write orcish? You don't do that, you delegate people to do that.
    Trolls and orc live in close proximity why the heck elf would have to teach troll how to write in orcish? InShadows of the Horde Zekhan was under Thrall's wing, and you tell me that through all this time Zekhan didn't get through such a basics? Belf had to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    They are literally calling a city of their ancestors ugly lmao
    I have another question - Why poster who is talking big all about all the "savages" to seriously take an opinion of a blood troll on how to construct proper cities. You can't make this stuff up.

Blame Blizzard for that. Mount Mugamba is supposed to be snowy, but its far too warm in Zuldazar for any snow. Would've been nice to see a winter zone in Zandalar.
    That is true, there were so many locations and important lore aspects that were not transferred to the game, so we could have blood trolls and titans of all things. That is indeed very discouraging. But still, it doesn't change the fact that trolls built first civilization on the world. And nobody will take that away from them, especially not few renegades who live in a few tents on the rock in void rift.

A darkspear troll could have been born and lived in Silvermoon their entire life.
    I would rather not. Any place is better than this. Even void rift, - velves can confirm.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2023-02-07 at 01:44 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria