Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    I won't call you dumb because I would be a massive worthless moron if I did so based on some internet post without knowing anything about you.
    I don't know if you are aware, but you get to keep the progress you make in the Beta toward the release, meaning you can level every class up to 25. For a head start, that's not bad at all.
    You can't even level up every class in the early access beta as only Barbarian, Sorceress, and Rogue are around. The context of your post is clear you thought the beta progress would carry over to the release of the game and give a head start.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Yes hype = money but at some point it's just pandering. So as usual good gameplay and fun gets sidelined to more money.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if you are aware, but you get to keep the progress you make in the Beta toward the release, meaning you can level every class up to 25. For a head start, that's not bad at all.

In general, I don't understand the whole "have to pay to play Beta" mindset. The Beta access you get for preordering is a bonus. Preordering has been around since bread came sliced, and you used to get nothing out of it, other than waiting for the game to get released. If you want to pay later, then pay later, preorder is for people who want to make sure their money is already put aside for that thing alone, and they will have the game as soon as it releases.

And let's not even talk about all the Kickstarter shit indie projects that never even get released, and the founders just run away with your money and laugh at your faces for it. Just grow up at this point, really, if preorders bother you (mostly because it's Blizzard, I presume) then you're gonna have a tough time in the real world.
    No you dont get to keep anything. All you keep is your character for NEXT beta weekend. Then when game goes live you have to start over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You're literally incapable of reading and have 0 common sense. You keep progress from the early access beta to the open beta. Nothing from the beta carries over to the release of the game.
    You get some titles and a cosmetic if you reach certain levels in the beta. These are the only things you will get on live, no chars and no progress.
    Yeah this exactly. When this guy made that comment I was like wtf bro did you even read the guidelines for the beta ??

Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    >Open Beta
    >you have to pay to access it
    That's not open.
    The Open Beta weekend is different than the Early Access weekend.

I do wonder if next weekends beta will be the same rough login experience.

While this beta is for the sheeple blizzard already locked in through pre-orders, next beta will be an actual selling event. There is much more incentive to make it smooth.

There is no pet. There is a cosmetic in which you have a bag with a pet on your back. It’s not like D3 where you have an active pet that goes around with you.

Then there are two useless titles.

End of the “benefits”.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I do wonder if next weekends beta will be the same rough login experience.

While this beta is for the sheeple blizzard already locked in through pre-orders, next beta will be an actual selling event. There is much more incentive to make it smooth.
    Friday has been a nightmare but yesterday evening I logged in at 9PM prepared for 8488392 mins queue and… well, zero queue. Logged in instantly and played two hours without disconnections or lags.

I was truly impressed.

I don't care how much crap blizzard trys to bribe with me i ain't buying it until i see a sale period 90 dollars aint happening i got a sweet i pad mini 6 coming soon im good.

yep, that's not the open beta, that's the early access. at least understand your own terms, blizzo <3

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who would want open beta (beside the obvious game news sites)? I remember the beta for Diablo 3.

1. Play.
    2. Report bugs.
    3. Provide feedback on: gameplay, user interface, story, so forth.
    4. Bang head on desk as Blizzard decides it knows best anyway.
    5. Sigh when Blizzard finally eats crow, because the horse has already left the barn.
    6. Play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can't even level up every class in the early access beta as only Barbarian, Sorceress, and Rogue are around. The context of your post is clear you thought the beta progress would carry over to the release of the game and give a head start.
    Next weekend will have all classes available, but it doesnt matter since there is no progress going to be carried over, not one beta test i have known has allowed progress to carry over.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Well, after playing the diablo4 beta, I really realize that this looks like the continuation of diablo 3, we have been fooled again, if I know I don't buy it, it's literally another diablo 3, I had to put my hands on my head ...god, how is it possible that they don't learn from their mistakes...
    pending points: necromancer: I hope it looks like Diablo 2, because Diablo 3 is shabby or worse...
    paladin, I hope they add it, and that it looks similar to that of Diablo 2, I don't want to see any crappy crusader that is useless as in Diablo3...
    I hope that with the rogue we can become our rogue trapsin

I don't know if I'm asking too much, but if these things fail me, I'm not going to go through what happened in Diablo 3 again, I lost too many hours for nothing.

Played a lot this weekend, it's a fantastic game, mix of D2 and D3 with a gritty and dark look'n'feel, I love it! Sucks to have to wait 2.5 months before I can play and at that point it's summer so wont be able to sit and grind levels/gear as much as I would want to.

The only 2 issues I have are; would want the camera to zoom out more and also the health bars on mobs are very dark and messy at some points, making it hard to see properly.
    Last edited by Dawon; 2023-03-20 at 08:00 AM.

Firstly I will apologies in advance for what I'm about to say.

I had a great time in the beta, most fun I've had in an ARPG in a LONG time. 100% (*#&%#'s all over Diablo 3, almost no comparison in my eyes. The Barb was a bit disappointing but it's early days, the Sorc was insanely fun! The World Boss was the highlight for me when the panned out (ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!).

Really looking to what else they have to offer. The MMO aspects they've implemented are a great addition and the quests were more entertaining that what i've experienced on recent MMO's.

Again, apologies for providing positive feedback on this platform, it goes against the grain I know but here we are.

Have fun guys! (or don't... I don't really care lol).

I really detested d3 and its expansion Reaper of Souls that i played many many years after its initial release because for me D3 was one of the worst games i have ever played.
    If i Had not experienced Lost Ark in the meantime i would not even bother to try d4, but because i did and from the little info i have gathered it seems that d4 has many things that made Lost Ark a very good game, i am looking forward to try it out this weekend where the beta is going to be avalable for everyone.
    I have stopped pre-ordering anything related to Blizzard, this does not mean i am not buying it one day prior to its release, provided that the game is good, i did exactly the same with overwatch2 and dragonflight.
    I could say for myself that i am a blizzard fanboy with a little restraint :P.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    We can call it whatever we want. Fact is, Blizzard is cashing out on pre oders and one way to make sure preoders are bought is to create beta weekends and early access rewards. Fact is, if Blizzard really just wanted players to test the game in any shape or form, they could have made that happen at no cost.

Its nothing but a money scheme for, by the looks of it so far, a rather mediocre game. Makes sense though. They will make most money from D4 from when pre orderers opend and up until launch.
    Or you can just play the open better and pay nothing.... or you know.... don't play it??

brainless will always be brainless...

Played Rogue up to the beta cap of 25 and its great. Friday and Saturday had connection issues then was OK. I played on PC (RTX 3070) then Xbox Series X. Looked great on both. I like that area benefits apply to your alts and playing through with a sorcerer after hitting 25 on the Rogue showed quicker levelling. Lookig forward to playing Druid this weekend and cant wait till the launch in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Carizle View Post
    Or you can just play the open better and pay nothing.... or you know.... don't play it??

brainless will always be brainless...
    What does that have to do with the topic at hand? Literally nothing. Or are you of the opinion that no one can say, discuss or talk about anything without being directly involved? The discussion was about preorders and how it functions in the gaming world today.

Wether or not I bought it or plan on playing the beta got nothing to do with it. Or maybe it does, cause im taking an active choice by not preodering and by not committing time to a bought beta test. Not even the free one.

Talking about "brainless", your take is much worse. If you dont want to talk about the subject at hand, dont bother replying. Serves no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    What does that have to do with the topic at hand? Literally nothing. Or are you of the opinion that no one can say, discuss or talk about anything without being directly involved? The discussion was about preorders and how it functions in the gaming world today.

Wether or not I bought it or plan on playing the beta got nothing to do with it. Or maybe it does, cause im taking an active choice by not preodering and by not committing time to a bought beta test. Not even the free one.

Talking about "brainless", your take is much worse. If you dont want to talk about the subject at hand, dont bother replying. Serves no purpose.

You literally said that blizzard is cashing out on pre-order money by giving people beta access, rewards, etc. which is partly true.... but then again you can also have beta access for FREE without pre-ordering... aka Open Beta.... which gives you access to all the classes, so essentially it is better to just not pay.

There are other ways to get early access keys without paying blizard. For example, in the UK you can get one if you are virgin media or o2 customer. In fact, ANYONE can give you said key as long as you ask them nicely and they are a customer. At at least 10 people that I know have done it this way. I even gave away one of the 2 I got.

So yes, they are capialising on pre-orders like EVERY other company that does pre-order for beta access/rewards. And no they aren't at the same time due to the fact that 1) you can literally wait for open beta and 2) there are other ways to get keys without paying blizzard directly.

At the end of the day, anyone who pre-orders a game nowadays is just stupid anyway...

There is always going to be a pre-order of some sort with most games... If you don't like the way they are doing business then simply don't pre-order, wait for the free open beta or just don't buy the product... it's that simple.
    Last edited by Carizle; 2023-03-20 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faeldan_US View Post
    Didnt they give diablo III game away for free if you had done a 6 month sub time on WoW years ago?
    You had to agree you were going to stay subbed for 12 months in advance. It wasn't just tied the the normal 6 month sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    D3 speed, lmao. D3 is like ret paladin compared to PoE, which is the speed the game should be at - and probably will be, considering you barely even have an ultimate by the end of beta let alone a full build and gear.
    Ok but I was talking about Diablo, not PoE. Diablo is what I want to play, not PoE. Is PoE Diablo? No. Ok bro? Why should I care about speed in PoE? Ok ty