Poll: Should hunters get a Quiver slot?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I wonder, if we wanted a quiver placed on the side, would it be belt or leg item?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Every Bow could have this functionality as well. It's probably technically challenging and costly, and that's why they chose to add 3D elements on Back slots nowadays.
    I don't think the issue is that it is costly. It's that the clipping would be horrible.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Why not just go way out of the hand for cosmetics?

Warriors with shield/weapon mogged instead of cloak
    Paladins and priests with their holy books on belt
    Warlocks with skulls floating around
    Rogues with daggers mogged on belt/back
    Shamans with totems on back
    Mages with tomes or something

I would like to mog a big ass shield on the back and hold big ass two handed weapons as a warrior. It would be definetly cooler than the coloured towels they call capes

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    As cool as it would be, for me personally the potential clipping issues would bug me too much to use both. Once I see it it's just a big no for me.
    This, options are nice but I already don't play Fury Warrior because of clipping, and never show cloaks for the same reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well first of all the quiver shouldnt be on back, its impractical as hell, should be on belt
    Options like these would be nice too, but if I had to choose a location to be the default I'd definitely go for back attached quivers. It's a fantasy game, looking cool trumps practicality every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder, if we wanted a quiver placed on the side, would it be belt or leg item?
    Would most likely be a new cosmetic slot, which would house things like books on belts, etc. Pretty sure that was gonna be a thing once (before Legion) but never happened.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's not how WoW's models work. There's almost no collision detection. It would literally just be a case of putting a separate anchor point for backpacks and quivers similar to how weapons and shields sheathe on the character model's back.
    Well, right, but they were designed that way.
    They can make a quiver do the same, but on most models, weapons and shields hover off the back, ranging from barely to very noticeable (this happens with several shoulder models as well, where you can see clear detachment points, but I digress).
    If that's how we would want cloak/quiver to act, then yeah, make quivers mount like weapons and shields and float around behind us.
    They might conflict with the bow when it's sheathed as well, but I guess just stack them up and let them collide?
    If we want something that looks a little better, it would require some alteration to how they mount, which means possibly interacting/sharing with the cloak.

1+ Year Old Account
    Nah, don't care to see the quiver clipping through the cloak like ass.

Blizzard's engine is too shitty to allow proper modelling.

A real option would be to attach the quiver to the thigh, as it's an actual historical alternative and it wouldn't conflict with anything. Hell, attached it to the same point as sheathed one-handed weapons.

Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-04-04 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    As simple as it goes, why are we limited to either use a quiver and remove our cape our vice versa? Since we use bows we should also have a quiver as immersive as it can be. If we want a cape and quiver then we are limited with only the legion artifact weapons.

Should hunters be able to get another equipment slot just for quivers? Like shoulders got 2 seperate slots when you wanna have 2 different shoulder pieces?
    Going this way. All classes should receive inclusive item slot. Like mage for spell book or other thing. Lock for demonic jewelery or smth. Warrior with extra weapon slot like polearm to throwin ability. Shaman for totem?!. Priest for some kind of relic or accesory. Etc. We had class items back in the days but with common homogenization all were erased. Those could return in cosmetic form. Yeah why not. Could be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post

I would like to mog a big ass shield on the back and hold big ass two handed weapons as a warrior. It would be definetly cooler than the coloured towels they call capes
    That sounds pretty good, agreed they need to add another slot for those kinda transmog items. I do think we gotta have room for items that aren't made for stats but pure cosmetic.

Looks like the new cash shop set has both quiver + cape.
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2023-04-04 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

Let me clarify/explain. Hunters don't need 3rd slot as quiver one, BUT! everyone needs a 3rd slot for class' items/ranged weapons (as it was before and what is very correct and logical), still quiver visually just comes together with bow (in fact, like any other class' additional items). Questions about advisability of using particular item by particular class shouldn't be raised here, because all slots will act either as main weapon or as additional stat bonus for all classes in this case. In fact, it doesn’t matter at all, what matters is connection with availability/dependence of certain abilities on presence of certain items in equip slots, which in itself should be universal for design.

That's all.

ps. I'm talking about something different from what other similar posts here are talking about (example, mage's equipment for my case: ((staff) or (something + something))&(wand) aka two-handed/two one-handed and additional magic or mechanical class item/ranged weapon.

ps2. "Modern" cape design/physics (it's more appropriate to use term "mangy ragdoll simulation") in WoW was (since its introduction) and still is crap, still prefere old one whatever it is ("reflection" of back's contour, copy movements of coccyx and step-by-step very moderate swaying below from side to side same as "old" middle ponytail when running)... however, this applies to absolutely all of their "new" animation
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2023-04-17 at 11:47 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk what y'all are smoking but we had swords, maces etc ontop of capes since 2004. Adding quivers doesnt make the clipping any worse it already is.

I voted yes, cus I always though it was weird it was a cloak slot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Nah, don't care to see the quiver clipping through the cloak like ass.

Blizzard's engine is too shitty to allow proper modelling.

A real option would be to attach the quiver to the thigh, as it's an actual historical alternative and it wouldn't conflict with anything. Hell, attached it to the same point as sheathed one-handed weapons.

This simply doesnt look cool, lets ignore all videos proving where the placing is the best and most practical. Its not about that. People just want to look cool and copy looks of characters we know. Sylvanas, nathanos all have quivers ontop of cloaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post

If anyone from Blizz is in here, DO THIS. More options is almost always better, and the cosmetic items open up all kinds of stuff.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus