Thread: Nerf Locks!

Nerf Locks!

i was just looking around on my guilds forum and saw a post with this in it!

http://files.filefront.com/Hydrosswm.../fileinfo.html

Nerf locks, Seriously....

//Eggrole
    Your Frostbolt hits random Warlock for 247 damage. (457 absorbed) (583 resisted) (789 eaten by wolves) (624 abused by Michael Jackson).

Re: Nerf Locks!

Thats pretty ridiculous, too bad you can't do that anymore cause they put the damn fish in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by henryford
    Thats pretty ridiculous, too bad you can't do that anymore cause they put the damn fish in the water.
    The water has always had fish in it, but if you kill Lurker it kills off the fish.

locks don't really need nerfing much more now, they have already been nerfed enough in patch 2.3 imo and hopefully more nerfs are still to come, i hear that in 2.3.2 lots of classes are getting buffs still except warlocks.
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    locks don't really need nerfing much more now, they have already been nerfed enough in patch 2.3 imo and hopefully more nerfs are still to come, i hear that in 2.3.2 lots of classes are getting buffs still except warlocks.
    I still find the ppl that cannot tell the difference between a nerf and a fix quite amazing. So what you are saying is that it is totally unfair that drain life is finally affected by mortal strike and wound poison. Yeh, totally unfair imo...

im not saying just that- but the reason warlocks were so overpowered for almost the past whole year is because of that, but im saying that they have been nerfed because they havent been buffed when most other classes have.
    most classes can JUST beat them if they use all their cooldowns like frost mages rogues + warriors, but warlocks don't have any cd's they remain too good for as long as they are alive, they still need a little more nerf imo to be balanced, to beat an equally geared sl/sl locks on my mage i have to use water elemental, ice block, cold snap, water elemental + ice block again. not much will change in 2.3.2 when i get icy veins talent because i can never get a chance to cast with a felhunter- lock anyway
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

This is just process of DoT'ing and kiting which Shadow priests, and hunters also can do with similar success. Warlocks are just the best at that because they have theyre dots + Curse of Doom which helped alot.

It Just Takes Time.
    alot  of   ^^

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant."

in 3v3 and 5v5 sl locks and spriests and probably hunters are balanced, but in 2v2 and 1v1 sl locks rule over spriests and hunters..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez
    I still find the ppl that cannot tell the difference between a nerf and a fix quite amazing. So what you are saying is that it is totally unfair that drain life is finally affected by mortal strike and wound poison. Yeh, totally unfair imo...
    If drain life is a healing effect, then it should get a bonus from +heal (which it doesn't). It's ok that MS has an effect now, but then +heal should also work with drain life.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkelhand
    If drain life is a healing effect, then it should get a bonus from +heal (which it doesn't). It's ok that MS has an effect now, but then +heal should also work with drain life.
    Do you know what you're saying? :/ That will just be another nerf if only +healing effects it. Be happy enough that u can get +dmg to boost it's healing.

In response to them(locks) not being 'buffed' +fixed in patch 2.3 I think it's because they were at a higher level already then any other class and they were actually a 'finished' class instead of nearly all the others out there that aren't finished at all and still have loads to complain.

In PvP it's always hard to get things balanced. But when ppl get oom in a PvE event with a spriest for example at a non-manaburning fight.. thats just bad and not fixed yet or the class needs a buff.

I think for one that the hunter changes fix a lot as for pillar abusing + healing up to full ( not u can time Aimshots before they got SWFHSS Around the corner and u can kite em around pillars better now as well

Untill I see a very constructive post why locks need a buff I will just keep my personal opinion the same about them: A fine class that has a lot of utilities and therefore is always very useless in PvE and PvP situations ( a lot more then any other classes ).

The video is more of an exploit than Warlocks being overpowered.

Not an illegal exploit, though.

I'm actually impressed the guy did that (for who knows how long) and didn't get hit once.

Is the real? Is he really doing it with gear with 0 durability, that would severely gimp his damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkelhand
    so, are you saying potions, bandage, seeds and so on should be affected by + healing as well?

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    Is the real? Is he really doing it with gear with 0 durability, that would severely gimp his damage.
    he started at 100% durability, but your gear tends to become broken after almost 3 hours of continued fighting ^^

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Emirikol
    he started at 100% durability, but your gear tends to become broken after almost 3 hours of continued fighting ^^
    See ... next week he needs to get someone to put a repair bot down for him during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    See ... next week he needs to get someone to put a repair bot down for him during the fight.
    If only he could have kited him outside and use the CE vendor there.

Yeah, these types of pathing exploits have been utilized for ages to produce fun things, though this is the biggest scale pathing exploit that I've heard of.

160 minutes I think the combat log said.. Stuff that.

Also if you want to see someone soloing pre-bc and BC instances (heroic as well) look up Dysphoria from my server (Frostmourne). Good hunter.