Re-experiencing Diablo 2 while waiting for D3...

So, I decided to reinstall Diablo 2 while waiting for 3.

And... I was wondering if any of the various modifications that are around on the Phrozen Keep website are worth checking out. There are so many to choose from..

ahh diablo 2. my wow before wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really bothered with the mods, the main game was good enough imo :P

I might have to dig up my old Lappy, my new comp is Windows7, which apprently doesn't run Diablo2

I feel a Fury Wolf coming along
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Are you looking to experience D2 as a playing experience or the actual game? Median was extremely popular for a while, but it's really a new game since all the skills/classes/hirelings/items/etc are all changed, just with the same story and play style.

Deleted
    Installed D2 as well. One major problem though, is that i seem to get spammed my ass off, when I'm not in password protected games. Also, its kinda annoying that you run out of room in no time, with no AH to sell your stuff.

Deleted
    I installed it a few weeks ago, playing it with friends. I'm running it just fine on my Windows 7.

I run D2 on W7 aswell. Only have one problem with it and thats the fps lag or whatever it is, when i start up a game. but yea.. D2 untill D3 is out.. game on!
    "In most cases, a question leads to an answer. Wich then in the end, turns out to have more questions to be answered.."

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Are you looking to experience D2 as a playing experience or the actual game? Median was extremely popular for a while, but it's really a new game since all the skills/classes/hirelings/items/etc are all changed, just with the same story and play style.
    The game - I'm fine with skills and stuff tweaked around - I've played Diablo 2 several years ago online. But the Realms aren't worth playing anymore - 90% of people are decaying spambots. I was just looking for something that had some endgame content and things like that. I've looked at Median, Immersion, Eastern Sun, some of the others on Phrozen Keep, but not sure which one is worth whiling away a few months...
    Last edited by jrch5618; 2011-10-19 at 04:27 AM.

median xl is a diffrent diablo style game alltogther especially the way the skills are done and how your char advances
    eastern sun is a polished retuned and balanced diablo 2. balanced around pvm not pvp
    and gold is useful !!!
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

I have never played it online more then a curious glance, I tried a few different servers, and they were filled with people I would rather not associate with. Yes, a few bad apples and all that, but it was such a fun pve solo game I had no qualms sticking to that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post
    So, I decided to reinstall Diablo 2 while waiting for 3.

And... I was wondering if any of the various modifications that are around on the Phrozen Keep website are worth checking out. There are so many to choose from..
    I spent the last half of my D2 career playing the Seven Lances mod. Skills, affixes, and hireling stats and whatnot were changed around, monsters are in general much tougher, poison is much stronger, and many new monsters were added (including the old death knights from Diablo as well as many monsters from the Baldur's Gate games) with the general intention of making the game much more difficult. I don't know if it's still being worked on (I doubt it) or if it's even up to date for the most current D2 patch.

I bought Titan Quest for $3 off Steam to get my fix. If Diablo 3 is going to require me to have to hold down my mouse button to do anything I won't be buying it... one hour of Titan Quest reminded me of how completely motherfucking ridiculous that kind of control scheme is.

PlugY

It gives you unlimited stash, and unlimited shared stash, and all the ladder and pandemonium events while offline