10+ Year Old Account

Addon setting location

Can anyone tell me where addon settings are saved? I was under the impression that they were all in the WTF folder but appear to be wrong. Are they saved on the server side and not on the client? I always thought the interface options were something that were client specific.

Here's my problem. I generally play from my PC at home but when I'm on the road I play on my laptop. Both have similar addon configurations but aren't 100% identical. Last weekend I had a catastrophic failure of my laptop (read: I ran it over with the car) and I had to get a new one. I loaded WoW on the new machine and then downloaded all of my addons. I spent some time reconfiguring them and got them back to where I expected them to be.

When I got home I sat down at my PC to play as I normally would, except when I log in some of my addons are no longer configured the way they were before I left. I noticed that Gatherer no longer has any saved information and SCT has completely reverted back to defaults. However, Power Auras and ButtonTimers are still configured exactly how they were before. I restored my Interface and WTF folders from a backup thinking this would restore the settings but it did not. Like I said before I thought interface options were all client specific so I would have never expected me reloading a laptop would have changed my settings on another machine.

Does anyone know if/how I can get my original settings back? I've pretty much reconfigured SCT but would love my Gatherer db back and would like to know for future reference as well.

Thanks!

There is no way for addons to store info server sided. Every setting is stored in WTF folder inside of savedvariables. Sometimes addons can reset because of new version (update via curse client or something like that). Only thing stored on server side are macros and maybe key binds (not sure about that one).

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordret View Post
    There is no way for addons to store info server sided. Every setting is stored in WTF folder inside of savedvariables. Sometimes addons can reset because of new version (update via curse client or something like that). Only thing stored on server side are macros and maybe key binds (not sure about that one).
    That's exactly what I thought too. The puzzling part is that none of my addons on my home PC were updated. I wasn't even home to update them.