Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Cross realm PvP/Flashpoint queues is basically an admittance from the developers that the game is failing. If the population and game is handled correctly from the start, there is zero need for Cross realm queues. Bioware know this and have said they will add bolstering to groups if not enough people decide to queue. So at least you will get a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am all for a red -versus-blue type teams instead of strictly Empire v Republic should the need arise. If sacrificing some of the rp makes for a better game, then it only makes sense from a logistical perspective. Let people roll on RP-pvp if they want strictly Empire versus Republic.

Hell, I think one of the coolest parts of Huttball will be playing with some enemies and against some friends. It makes more sense in that setting, but if it works out there it will likely work in the other warzones. Do you help that bastard that camped you when you were level 17 and win - or do you watch them die like the bastard they are and lose?

This is of course after all other efforts for Sith V Jedi, but I definitely think it beats the hell out of fun-killing queues.
    I like sandwiches

I'd rather have cross realm pvp than long ass queues. I don't plan to pvp until max level anyway but Id like to not have to wait an hour to get one game of BG.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya I imagine they will see how it goes doing server only before they implement cross-server. Except for the terrible queue times, same server bgs used to be incredible in WoW. They really foster a sense of rivalry more than cross-realm ever could considering you rarely see the same people nowadays. Back in the day you used to look at the list of people in game and say "Oh shit Rickles is in here for Horde and he is incredible." I'd love if SWTOR brought that back without bringing back the queue times to where you queued when you logged in and were lucky if it popped before you logged off five hours later.
    aaaaah yeah that would be so cool. if they fix the queue times indeed.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

I gotta say even as someone who hates long ques, I feel this is a positive thing.

I've been playing WoW since the very early days, when Hillsbrad was your Battleground, and any sane minded lowbie found somewhere else to level. I feel there's been a significant drop in quality of your average player since the cross server system.

Don't get me wrong I feel it's done a lot of positive things, I do enjoy not having to spend an hour in a main city trying to find someone for a dungeon and then spend half an hour getting there just to have someone go "Oh wait, sorry guys moms mad" and then take off... Dire Maul... God damn... Nevermind, not important.

However the completely anonymous aspect that the cross server introduced into both PvE and PvP situations left everyone feeling like they could do whatever they want and just be a complete tool and never suffer any consequence. Even friends of mine do it, and it really irritates me.

I miss that first meeting at the Blacksmith and seeing a common guild tag, knowing who those guys were, and saying to myself "Shit, this ones going to be a fight"

Deleted
    I really love the same-realm pvp. With the new systems that accumulates the levels between players and Hutball there never be big queues problems, even in servers where the two factions will be arithmetically unbalanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DotSWE View Post
    I'm so glad to see this confirmed. No longer will I get to join with random trolls who just fires out at everybody for being "n00bs" instead of trying to come up with something constructive just because they think they'll never play with those people again. This way you can actually lose a WZ, join again with the same people and say: "OK, that is what we did wrong, lets try doing this instead."

I haven't been this excited about a game in a looong time ) Wish I could go in to a coma for 2 months x)
    starnge..i had that idea with a friend couple days ago..."what if we frozen ourself for 2 months?" and then he said...well what could you have bin doing those 2 months ? maybe wright a book, or make a movie...or win the lotery? you just dont know! so dont do it man!

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LieutenantDan View Post
    I was so happy to hear about no cross realm pvp/pve, I honestly feel thats one of the contributing factors to the decline of WoW.

Also glad there's no dungeon finder tool and flying mounts. <3
    well there will be flying mount...but its in space! and we can get attacked...and go into a large space battle:d yaaay

I love no cross-realm PvP. I can't wait to be one of the Troopers on my realm that make people go "fuck, Vizzle's here."
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    I'd rather have cross realm pvp than long ass queues. I don't plan to pvp until max level anyway but Id like to not have to wait an hour to get one game of BG.
    This mentality is what ended up ruining WoW. The instant gratification mindset that everything should come easy and fast.

Wow had brackets, orignally 10 level brackets and then finally 5 level brackets. TOR is not using that system it is putting everyone in the same pot and using boasting if necessary.

Not to mention same faction warzones (which is awesome and i hope they add more).

Don't ignore world PvP, if done right it is alot more fun than instanced BGs.

Either way if you wait til 50 to PvP you're going to have tons of people to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I love no cross-realm PvP. I can't wait to be one of the Troopers on my realm that make people go "fuck, Vizzle's here."
    I'm with you lol and I hope im one of them few that say that x)

Cross-realm is the convenient scapegoat to blame for the downfall of the WoW community. It's the players, not the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I am all for a red -versus-blue type teams instead of strictly Empire v Republic should the need arise. If sacrificing some of the rp makes for a better game, then it only makes sense from a logistical perspective. Let people roll on RP-pvp if they want strictly Empire versus Republic.

Hell, I think one of the coolest parts of Huttball will be playing with some enemies and against some friends. It makes more sense in that setting, but if it works out there it will likely work in the other warzones. Do you help that bastard that camped you when you were level 17 and win - or do you watch them die like the bastard they are and lose?

This is of course after all other efforts for Sith V Jedi, but I definitely think it beats the hell out of fun-killing queues.
    Not trying to burst any bubbles but the last I heard Huttball wouldn't ever ally you across factions. aka it will be either Republic v. Empire, Republic v. Republic, or Empire v. Empire.

Has this changed in the last couple weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    starnge..i had that idea with a friend couple days ago..."what if we frozen ourself for 2 months?" and then he said...well what could you have bin doing those 2 months ? maybe wright a book, or make a movie...or win the lotery? you just dont know! so dont do it man!

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 02:35 PM ----------

well there will be flying mount...but its in space! and we can get attacked...and go into a large space battle:d yaaay
    Uh, there are no flying mounts in TOR

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's what he meant, rather than going up against a powertech BH and a jedi knight sentinel

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeerid View Post
    Uh, there are no flying mounts in TOR
    He's talking about flying from planet to planet(through hyperspace) and the rail-type shooter.

Deleted
    Not trying to burst any bubbles but the last I heard Huttball wouldn't ever ally you across factions. aka it will be either Republic v. Empire, Republic v. Republic, or Empire v. Empire.

Has this changed in the last couple weeks?
    There are non NDA breaking videos that show Smugglers on the same side as Sith Warriors and so on. It might just be for testing purposes to speed up queue times with limited numbers, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    There are non NDA breaking videos that show Smugglers on the same side as Sith Warriors and so on. It might just be for testing purposes to speed up queue times with limited numbers, not sure.
    I will have to test that later today, cause I can't say I've ever noticed being on the same team as any Empire characters during Huttball.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Hey guys Vizzle is in this one, lets gang up on him, take him out first and this WZ will be cake

Ahh the good 'ol days of early WoW, when it was a compliment to be remembered and feared (..and attacked first).

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Cross-realm is the convenient scapegoat to blame for the downfall of the WoW community. It's the players, not the game.
    Blizzard's implementation of the tools to facilitate a deterioration in it's community didn't help. Without the tools, the community is forced to behave or be blacklisted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Convenient can also be correct. There are more reasons ofc, but if the players are the problem then why make us have to deal with more than we already have to? That just introduced more players that we had even less influence on.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post

Blizzard's implementation of the tools to facilitate a deterioration in it's community didn't help. Without the tools, the community is forced to behave or be blacklisted.
    Exactly. As soon as they implemented the x-realm ability, any sense of player pride or fear of reaction went out the window.

"Who cares? I'm never going to see that person again."
    Player issue? Yes, but brought on by a broken system.

Cause it's true. What Karteli said is correct. If Blizzard didn't give their community the opportunity to be giant bags of douche (name/faction changes, server transfers, cross server bg/lfd) then they would either behave or be blacklisted on their server.