Thread: Origin? Why?

Deleted

Origin? Why?

Okay, so my friend told me you need to have Origin in order to play swtor.

I ordered the CE and with that I'm getting the box with cds. Why am I forced to download Origin, I have no games on Origin. I use steam.

Can anyone confirm if you really need it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you bothered to search but this question has been asked and answered far too much.... the answer is NO! You DO NOT need Origin at all to play SWTOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Not sure if you bothered to search but this question has been asked and answered far too much.... the answer is NO! You DO NOT need Origin at all to play SWTOR.
    You sure? Some from my guild also claims you need to have it in order to launch it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by StephenReid

"Regardless of what other games may choose to do in their integration with Origin's desktop client, here's what our situation is:

You are not required to use the Origin desktop client to download, patch or play the game client for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

This applies whether you purchase The Old Republic via Origin.com or from a retailer in boxed form. You will not be forced to install the Origin desktop client.

There are still various consumer benefits to the client itself, but it's not required for The Old Republic.""Regardless of what other games may choose to do in their integration with Origin's desktop client, here's what our situation is:

You are not required to use the Origin desktop client to download, patch or play the game client for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

This applies whether you purchase The Old Republic via Origin.com or from a retailer in boxed form. You will not be forced to install the Origin desktop client.

There are still various consumer benefits to the client itself, but it's not required for The Old Republic."
    Googling is hard.

Deleted
    Nice!!!!

You have to have an Origin account, but do not have to download the Origin desktop application

Will I require an Origin account in addition to a SWTOR account?

Yes, you will require an active Origin account in addition to a Star Wars: The Old Republic account. You can create a new Origin account by going to the Origin Account Registration page, entering your email address in the appropriate space and clicking “Start my EA Profile.” This will take you to a screen where you can create your EA Master ID and set your password. You can also start a new Origin account by logging in with either your Facebook or PlayStation Network accounts, or by downloading and running the Origin client for the first time.

Do I have to create an account on SWTOR.com in order to play Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Yes. In order to be able to play the game you will have to create an account on the official Star Wars: The Old Republic website. If you are not logged in to your SWTOR account when you go to enter your Pre-Order code, you will be prompted to either sign in to your account or create a new account. The email address that you use when you create your account will also be the email that is used when you log in to either SWTOR.com or the game.
    http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#170974
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing. There are other threads about this.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net