Better matchmaking system needed?

So I've been gearing up my mage for pvp and being doing 2s each week for conquest point cap with a my friend who plays a feral druid, we aren't very geared (mainly pve gear with a couple of pieces of vicious) but it gets the job done, we usually go about 50:50 for win/loss at low arena rating (under 700 most the time) and one thing really annoys me. Geared teams at low rating.

Just from about 5 games tonight we have versed Disc, Lock (both with 2200 BG rating and full ruthless), DK, Warrior (both had 4 pieces of ruthless with rest vicious) and a lot of other teams that we were completely useless against because of how much they outgear us.

One time we got up to about 1k rating because we won a few games in a row, for the next 20+ games we just got completely stomped on, it is stupid that winning a few games automatically places you against well geared/experienced teams.

It just seems stupid that a couple of people with 1.5k resilience get paired up against teams in mostly Ruthless gear. There needs to be a better matchmaking system, whether it go off ilvl or total resilience, doesn't matter. Just need to fix this fail system blizzard have in place where a full ruthless geared person can get placed against people at 300 rating with only a bit of pvp gear.

You might just suggest to farm full Vicious from battlegrounds, but trust me, It doesn't get any better, My friend and I geared up our Warrior and DK in full Bloodthirsty (back when they were both incredibly OP) through battlegrounds, then we stepped into arena. We won most of our games but then we got to 1.2k rating, from there on in 90% of teams we came up against were in full Vicious gear, it was just like hitting a brick wall, we won maybe 5% of our games and had to resort back to making a fresh team and farming up Vicious gear for weeks.

Do other people think there is a problem with the current system or is it just me? All feedback is welcome.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play better comp/play better in general? I had no problems getting 1.3k rating in 2vs2 in ilvl365 PvP gear with some PvE crap, and got to 1.6k raiting in 3vs3, in like 2 nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    Play better comp/play better in general?
    Give a better Response/better Feedback in general?

OT: It seems to happen a lot, my newest 85 just dinged, got him some basic PvP gear, first 6-7 matches in a row people with ruthless on.

though i am not sure if they are just terribly bad, or if the matchmaking system is Out somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    Play better comp/play better in general?
    And how exactly would you suggest that we get better at arenas when the only teams we can beat are other people only there for the point cap? We cannot progress if there is no opportunity to progress.

Probably something to do with queue length

You may rather a long queue and evenly matched teams but I think more people would prefer shorter queues.

Besides, I'd assume almost full PvP gear if you're going to go into the arena. I mean, Honour takes very little time to get nowadays.

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with the matchmaking system imo. It will match you with teams at around the same mmr and that is all it should do. If you complain about resilience you should go bg's till you have enough.

And about "almost full ruthless" and similar statements that you made, you make it sound like that "the more experienced players only have that, we shouldnt have to face them". As i said, go do bgs and get all s10 parts, then you are good to go.

Also, pvp will be a tough challenge if you are not really that much of a pvper. If you dont like the fact that you have to do something to win, why do you even play?
    Last edited by mmoc9de931e71f; 2011-10-18 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    And how exactly would you suggest that we get better at arenas when the only teams we can beat are other people only there for the point cap? We cannot progress if there is no opportunity to progress.
    Because thats all 2's is for now? Blizzard have been balancing the arena/pvp on 3v3's for a long time now. You'll find yourselves paired up with a more suitable team in the 3v3 bracket (but you will often come accross players starting new teams, fully geared). I do however agree that the matchmacking system needs to be updated. It would be so much better if they matched your teams average ilev to the nearest ilev within 200 or so arena rating of each other. If no match is found within 2-3 mins, the rating for searching goes up/down 100 etc etc. This isn't thought through mind, just off the top of my head.

With 2's however, it's just tough luck, thats how it is and how it'll probably be for a long time. There hasn't really been much outcry to bring back competetive 2's (though I think they should, maybe not able to get glad at least, but other titles/rewards perhaps, to stop the 2's bracket only becoming a 'points cap bracket').

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the matchmaking system. I noticed this in Cata. Before I quit, all the bads were in Vicious (current season) and they weren't even getting above 1500. Its just how easy the PvP gear is to attain and no rating restrictions. Its retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    think there is a problem with the current system or is it just me?
    It's not so much the system but more that it is soo late in the season. Season 10 started what 15+ weeks ago? That's ~20k conquest if you only got capped each week at 1350 cap. That's plenty to get "fully geared" without being "good" at arena.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Its not the matchmaking system. I noticed this in Cata. Before I quit, all the bads were in Vicious (current season) and they weren't even getting above 1500. Its just how easy the PvP gear is to attain and no rating restrictions. Its retarded.
    Its as easy to get for everyone, what is the problem? Imo its alot better like this, why should people that are more skilled get better gear? Doesnt make sense at all. Its not like it makes everything more balanced
    Last edited by mmoc9de931e71f; 2011-10-18 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Its just how easy the PvP gear is to attain and no rating restrictions. Its retarded.
    It's not "easy" it just takes longer. Time spent =/= difficulty level.

Guy 1 races cars for a living, he wins a race and makes $20,000 in one day "at work" Guy 2 drives a cab and takes home $20,000 a year. Both easily made 20k for just driving a car. The racer would say it was easy because he's well experienced at what he does, the cabbie would say it was easy because he got to do something he enjoys.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com