Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I get all the ladies in the priest chat channel.
    With that hair (referring to your sig) no you don't.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    With that hair (referring to your sig) no you don't.
    It isn't the hair

It's interesting how people can have such disparate experiences on the same forum.

I am enjoying my Priest though. She had been abandoned since the beginning of the expansion, but a bit of spit and polish has her nearly ready for FL in about two days of playing. I'm not sure exactly what's changed, but the class feels very elegant compared to when I tried her last (maybe it was just the frustration of trying to heal WotLK-minded dungeon groups).

15+ Year Old Account
    If anyone ever calls me a "fluffy murloc" again, I will ban them on sight.

And yeah, the Priest Mods are great unless you mention; "Haste -vs- Mastery", "10 -vs- 25 healing" or "Lightwell should be like the one in Trial of the C-banned.

This user received an infraction ~ The Priest Moderators <3

The love in this thread is just astounding, thanks guys.
    Well, except for comparing me to a fluffy Murloc.

To be fair, I really can't take any credit for the community being as awesome as it is. Priests have always been laid back with a wait and see forum presence, I guess the need for flashy shiny things draws most of the "Grab your torch and pitchforks" crew to Paladins. The only thing I'm guilty of is trying to shut that sort of groupthink down before it spreads (it's contagious, and gross. Like that 6 year old that won't stop sneezing on you).

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus
    I get all the ladies in the priest chat channel.
    I'll agree with Mikayo, it's definitely not the hair. But to be fair, I've seen screens of your old guild's Priest Channel (or was that the ladies channel? I don't remember), but yeah. Not sure if it's something to be proud of, hun.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I'll agree with Mikayo, it's definitely not the hair. But to be fair, I've seen screens of your old guild's Priest Channel (or was that the ladies channel? I don't remember), but yeah. Not sure if it's something to be proud of, hun.
    Hah! Yeah, that was the ladies chat channel. Big difference(not really).

Also, you love the hair. Don't lie to yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    How on Earth is a murloc fluffy? Someone should make an image of this.

Also, as a priest player for many years, I would have to agree that we as a whole seem to be the least "omg the sky is falling" class representatives of the total playerbase. Besides which, Divine Star sounds AWESOME!!! Holy lazer pew pew!

But seriously. Lightwell should...stay exactly as it is. Cwutididthar. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Leveled my priest as first char all the way through questing *hard times toke long* but it was sure worth it. stil my main after 4 years.

and about the priest community, i noticed that long time ago to, priest players tend te be nice people ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Our class is amazing so we have nothing to be angry about :-p Well maybe those "non discipline" priests do. haha jk

Deleted
    now if only those great mods could do something about the rather giant amount of stickies. i mean, there are 9 stickies on there, that's a tie with mage forums. 1 of them is a thread that collects stickies, and another one of the stickies is mentioned in that thread. i'd say: move the spec guides to the sticky collector and remove the PoV vid thread from the stickies, since it's already in the sticky collector.

Deleted
    GG on whoever banned Ultima btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    GG on whoever banned Ultima btw.
    don't you see the heart at the end? i believe that was merely in jest.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post
    Our class is amazing so we have nothing to be angry about :-p Well maybe those "non discipline" priests do. haha jk
    Oh no you didn't...:-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    now if only those great mods could do something about the rather giant amount of stickies. i mean, there are 9 stickies on there, that's a tie with mage forums. 1 of them is a thread that collects stickies, and another one of the stickies is mentioned in that thread. i'd say: move the spec guides to the sticky collector and remove the PoV vid thread from the stickies, since it's already in the sticky collector.

But...but...Didn't they try this a few months back?

As I recall it, much darkness was spread across our forum, Mods were being Life Gripped into fire, tied down and forced to listen to endless loops of Rebecca Black.

Do you really wish this on our cute fluffy Murloc's again?

We went to a slimmed down sticky system early in 4.x, with all "important" threads linked in a few stickies. The problem was that no one cared to click on the ----->READ THIS IMPORTANT STUFF LIKE GUIDES AND RULES AND COOL THREADS<----- in order to find what they were looking for.

What happened was 80+% of posts were very, very simple questions like "how should I spec for X," "What does Flash Heal do?," or "What should I stack after 12.5% [CENSORED]." People would even make threads asking why no one had written guides. Before the slim down, posts were much more focused on more specific questions that weren't repeated over and over like a broken record. Other class forums also were experiencing similar frustration, so many of them reverted back to their old sticky system.

Since that occurred, the quality of posts have increased dramatically, and discussion has been more focused.

Now, that's the reason for the guide threads being up. I believe the "state of" threads are a pan-mmoc deal to attempt to consolidate as much of the "boo X is bad cause of Y or yay Z is good cause of V" posts.

At least one sticky needs to be a "Rules" thread, but again, that's the thread that no one reads, so anything linked from that thread will dissolve into obscurity.

The Video thread is there because people posting videos was frequent enough to get repetitive, but infrequent enough for a non-stickied thread to maintain frontpage status. It also cut down on many "Where can I find Priest PoV videos for X" threads dramatically.

However, I think there can be some consolidation without losing the reason why we re-expanded [i.e.-- burying guides in the sticky collector is non-negotiable in my book]. I have some ideas in mind, but I'd have to speak with the other Mods.

I, at least, hope this gives you a better understanding of why things are the way they are now. Constantly yelling at people to dig through a sticky collector, locking thread after thread, and merging threads together all the time just didn't create a positive atmosphere. It was just so apparent that, whenever a guide got bumped to the top of the page, silly questions died down for that spec for a bit, and people would post their question in the guide thread for a while, until there was a couple of slow days on the S.priest front (or w/e) and it got pushed off, which then the front page was bombed with "Do I open with VT, SW:P, or DP?"

Deleted
    thanks for the explanation, spiritus. about those "state of" threads, i can't find anything like that in the other class forums (at least, not stickied in the way it's stickied here). and even then, i can still see a "state of the class" consolidation thread for those 3.

thanks for the explanation, spiritus. about those "state of" threads, i can't find anything like that in the other class forums (at least, not stickied in the way it's stickied here). and even then, i can still see a "state of the class" consolidation thread for those 3.
    They were there at some point, some of the other class forums may have removed them. Those threads were a result of the attempted "standardization" of all the class forums, and kinda just stuck around.