Thread: Case Catalog

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Case Catalog

This case catalog is a collaboration between many users here on the Computer section of MMO-Champion and contains some of the more popular cases on the market today. While not all cases from all manufacturers might be present, we have tried to include as many as possible. If you feel that a case is missing, let us know.

Use this catalog to browse for a case that you might find appealing, but make sure you also check reviews as some cases might be more fitting for certain builds. For example, there is no need to get a Corsair 800D for a mATX build. As always, feel free to ask and we will give you a personal recommendation.

This thread has been discontinued, i.e. I will not keep it updated. It can still serve as a visual overview though. If anyone wants to take over, give me a shout.

Note 1: Cases that have different color versions have a small palette icon in the bottom right corner. Cases with black/white alterations does not have this icon.
    Note 2: The image should link to the case on Newegg.com while the name/title should link to a review (either an external review or an internal).
    Note 3: Cases are presented in a random order, but in theory the cheapest cases should be presented first with the more expensive/advanced cases after.
    Note 4: Pictures are not to scale, nor are they showing an accurate size difference. Check reviews or fact sheets for accurate measurements.

To do:
    - Complete the list and add all popular manufacturers.
    - Add reviews to all cases.

Antec:

Cooler Master:

Corsair:

Fractal Design:

NZXT:

Rosewill:

Silverstone:

Thermaltake:

Xigmatek:
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-04-19 at 12:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol now that I look at it, NZXT's cases look completely out of whack compared to other manufacturers :P

> Carbide 500R needs a palette icon
    > Regarding reviews, any preferable sites? Or whatever google coughs up first? It's a tough one because reviews can greatly differ.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-10-19 at 09:11 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    > Carbide 500R needs a palette icon
    It exists in black and white only, thus no palette icon.
    Note 1: Cases that have different color versions have a small palette icon in the bottom right corner. Cases with black/white alterations does not have this icon.
    Edit: Also, lets keep the discussion regarding what to add in the other thread. No need to spread it out.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-10-19 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Doh*

So what's your verdict on reviews?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Lol now that I look at it, NZXT's cases look completely out of whack compared to other manufacturers :P
    One of the many reasons they're my favorite case manufacturer.

I'm wondering why this hasn't been outright stickied. o.o
    Also, why'd you dupe the Level 10 GT? I know it's awesome, but...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It's run by corrupt Mods!

I SMELL CONSPRIACY! *Runs around on the street screaming the world is going to end*

Deleted
    I believe it's part of the sticky index, at least in the "Computer Build Help" section. And I included the GT twice because... why not? It's the only Thermaltake case we have on the list at this point anyway.

Link to my other post for some videos featuring the cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I believe it's part of the sticky index, at least in the "Computer Build Help" section. And I included the GT twice because... why not? It's the only Thermaltake case we have on the list at this point anyway.
    That and the different price points >.>
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

I was looking at the corsair cases and the 400r looked like a good case with good reviews why don't you guys have it here?

Oh, right, the 400r. We forgot to add it I believe.

Anyway, Marest, nice to see thread's up and running, but it's a lil' sad to see it fall behind a number of pages. o.o

Deleted
    Oh, right, the 400r. We forgot to add it I believe.
    Already on the list.

Anyway, Marest, nice to see thread's up and running, but it's a lil' sad to see it fall behind a number of pages. o.o
    I've had some stuff to do the past week so I haven't had time (or energy really) to work on this. We need to add reviews asap in my opinion, not to mention Lian Li cases (sadly, I have no experience with them).

Deleted
    Btw the Lexa S has been discontinued. Poor thing, 4 channel fan controller, window, rubber cable management holes, large cut out, free fans. Let it rest in piece;_;

wat

It got discontinued already? ;_;

Deleted
    wat

It got discontinued already? ;_;
    It's been out for a good amount of time, but every site I go to is either out of stock and saying discontiued, or is very low on stock.

I think the Lexa S was too much for too little. I mean it was an amazing case for less than the HAF 912. I have my Hades and the build quality is amazin. MoBo tray is very solid, cable management is great, it came with 2x200mm fans ffs! And only cost 59 pound.

Some cases that I think might be worth considering for adding

Cooler Master Storm Scout

The NZXT Source 210 is also a great option for its price range (much better cable management than most other cases in the price range). It's offered in 2 different versions (Source 210 and Source 210 Elite) and 2 colors per version (Black and White). The Elite is the same layout as above, but all steel instead of plastic, and a Tool-less design (which is worth the $10 diff vs the plastic version).

Source 210

Source 210 Elite

I really, really wouldn't recommend the normal Antec 900 nor the Storm Scout.

I really, really wouldn't recommend the normal Antec 900 nor the Storm Scout.
    I remember duking it out in a previous case thread with you! :P

The 900 and Storm Scout are still great cases when it comes to cooling options, my Antec 900 runs like a champ and keeps things plenty cool, albeit the lack of cable management (IE: almost none) is pretty awful. I will say the v2 is much better since at least you get dust filters for the intakes.

The Storm Scout offers a bit more cable management (at least there is enough room to run cables behind the MOBO tray and there is decent enough access to get cables there), is quite a bit roomier, and offers pretty decent cooling (not as much overall cooling as the 900, but enough for almost any PC build).

I linked them because some of the other cases that were linked are just as bad for cable management (the Cooler Master Elite 430 for example offers almost no cable mangement due to not having any the room behind the MOBO tray to really put cables back there, and also no holes to get the cables back there even if it did have the room for it).

Aye, I haven't been able to scout and shout about too many of the cases yet.

Deleted
    NZXT tempest EVO edition and Coolermaster Storm Scout (Currently using) are pretty decent (not saying cuz i have, it just is)