Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    I'm lv 14, and don't have many champions yet. I have almost 6300 IP points, so I can buy anything. So far I have Ashe, Ryze, Tryndamere, Warwick, Master Yi. My favourite is tryndamere, followed by ryze and ashe, and then warwick and master yi are my least favourites. I have thought about fiddlesticks, shen, darius, rengar, diana, talon, kassadin (the latter 5 I have tested), but well, can't really decide. And there are so many interesting champs beyond those....

What would be a good addition, based on those I already have? It doesn't have to be the ones I mentioned. Something fun, something viable and powerful. Oh, and I don't really like the aesthetics of "fluffy" champs like teemo or nuno, or whatever their names are...

Get Shen if you're not playing ranked (he is pretty much banned 100% of the time), he is incredibly strong if played correctly. He only costs 3150 IP too.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2012-09-10 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Get Shen if you're not playing ranked (he is pretty much banned 100% of the time), he is incredibly strong if played correctly. He only costs 3150 IP too.
    Shen is incredibly fun to play, and he is an incredible jungler. Definitely worth picking up.

I just spent all my IP picking up Ahri. My next champ to save for is Varus.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lv 14, and don't have many champions yet. I have almost 6300 IP points, so I can buy anything. So far I have Ashe, Ryze, Tryndamere, Warwick, Master Yi. My favourite is tryndamere, followed by ryze and ashe, and then warwick and master yi are my least favourites. I have thought about fiddlesticks, shen, darius, rengar, diana, talon, kassadin (the latter 5 I have tested), but well, can't really decide. And there are so many interesting champs beyond those....

What would be a good addition, based on those I already have? It doesn't have to be the ones I mentioned. Something fun, something viable and powerful. Oh, and I don't really like the aesthetics of "fluffy" champs like teemo or nuno, or whatever their names are...
    i'd go for shen first, then darius and diana. They are excellent champions and are enjoyable to play too. Shen is banned about 100% of the time in ranked games, but as you are lvl 14 that doesn't really matter. I personally love talon, but he is more of a counter pick to mid. He doesn't really have a set place he can go, so it's best to know what you are against before you choose him.

Deleted

Id probably say go for Darius as well, he is the most fun out of the few the person above me mentioned, and you will annoy so many people with your ultimate If you ever plan playing draft pick though the 3 mentioned in the above comment wont be the best picks as all 3 usually get banned.

Hello,

I just hit level 15 and havent done any PvP games been a bit scared, but since my IP is now capped at level 15 in bot games my bf who is also level 15 and I are going to try some PvP later. I was looking for a new hero and Karma caught my eye. I like to play ranged support, Lux has been fun but I dont want to buy her. I bought Sona awhile back and have a blast with her too. My bf bought Urgot and loves him(I think he's a bit weird looking lol), but my question is, Is Karma a good champ?

I dont mind a learning curve, as the site says she is high difficulty. On another site i saw Karma(and Urgot...) were both really low on popularity is there a reason for this? Is she bad or just hard to learn? Also if it matters I'd probably never be playing alone, I'd be on skype with bf to help coordinate things. We're just looking to have some fun in LoL and Karma seems really neat to me but I dont want to buy a champ that is just plain bad. I would do some bot games to get a feel for her before jumping into PvP. Thanks for any help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverkit View Post
    Hello,

I just hit level 15 and havent done any PvP games been a bit scared, but since my IP is now capped at level 15 in bot games my bf who is also level 15 and I are going to try some PvP later. I was looking for a new hero and Karma caught my eye. I like to play ranged support, Lux has been fun but I dont want to buy her. I bought Sona awhile back and have a blast with her too. My bf bought Urgot and loves him(I think he's a bit weird looking lol), but my question is, Is Karma a good champ?

I dont mind a learning curve, as the site says she is high difficulty. On another site i saw Karma(and Urgot...) were both really low on popularity is there a reason for this? Is she bad or just hard to learn? Also if it matters I'd probably never be playing alone, I'd be on skype with bf to help coordinate things. We're just looking to have some fun in LoL and Karma seems really neat to me but I dont want to buy a champ that is just plain bad. I would do some bot games to get a feel for her before jumping into PvP. Thanks for any help!
    Karma is largely considered unviable. She happens to be one of my friend's favorite champions, and he can do quite well on her, but she is not very strong. I'm not really sure why, but there are a lot of other supports that do her things much better. And spirit bond is very underwhelming.

Supposedly she is getting a rework, but Riot has been saying that for a long time. I wouldn't advise you to play her in ranked or anything, but if you just want to have fun and you enjoy the champion, then go for it. Though you will often be flamed by your teammates for picking karma. Just putting that out there. The community perceives her as pretty much useless.

For other supports you may like janna, or lulu. I would give those two a try out sometime. Lulu happens to be free this week too, so you can try her out whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Karma is largely considered unviable. She happens to be one of my friend's favorite champions, and he can do quite well on her, but she is not very strong. I'm not really sure why, but there are a lot of other supports that do her things much better. And spirit bond is very underwhelming.

Supposedly she is getting a rework, but Riot has been saying that for a long time. I wouldn't advise you to play her in ranked or anything, but if you just want to have fun and you enjoy the champion, then go for it. Though you will often be flamed by your teammates for picking karma. Just putting that out there. The community perceives her as pretty much useless.

For other supports you may like janna, or lulu. I would give those two a try out sometime. Lulu happens to be free this week too, so you can try her out whenever.
    I've tried Lulu this week and she was neat but not really my cup of tea same with Lux. I was looking at Janna before I saw Karma she just struck me as a cool champ for whatever reason and wanted her instantly. I have no plans to play ranked, I dont really wanna be flamed for a hero pick either though. I had heard the community could be... harsh to newer players, guess its true. I might still get Karma I've been reading her guides trying to get a sense of her. Janna seems cool though too, is she a better pick for a newer player? or what about Nidalee she seems neat as well.
    Last edited by Silverkit; 2012-09-10 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I basically the only things I play are adc, tanky support, and solo top if i can get rengar (AP rengar ftw). So I would like to try a different kind of support for bot lane such as sona or janna but I dont know near enough about any of them to make a decision. Also I like jayces play style so basically Im asking if I should either get jayce or a support and if support which one is the best/ most fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    So I basically the only things I play are adc, tanky support, and solo top if i can get rengar (AP rengar ftw). So I would like to try a different kind of support for bot lane such as sona or janna but I dont know near enough about any of them to make a decision. Also I like jayces play style so basically Im asking if I should either get jayce or a support and if support which one is the best/ most fun
    Janna is a great support, but a little tricky to play well. I consider myself really good with some of the hardest champs to play and I still don't get Janna. Sona on the other hand is one of my favorite supports. Harass all day long with Q, sustain on W, and a little extra movespeed on E to help escape. Then her ult is just amazing. There are so many ways to use her ult that it's easy to tell a good Sona player from a bad one.

If you need more Solo-top champs though, grab Jayce. Wicked fun to play and really, really versatile. Need more damage? Go ADC. Need a frontline? Build bruiser. Behind in your lane? Build gp5 and still mash faces. Definitely up there for me when it comes to playing top lane, though I mostly jungle him these days.

Hello,

To be completely honest, new players are better off starting their LoL experience doing normal PvP matches rather than bot games. At low levels (1-5) most other players will be significantly worse than you, but they still behave like actual people (as opposed to the bots, which are better than new players, but act very rigidly). If you start doing PvP matches and have a lot of trouble, make a second account and level that account to ~ level 10 before switching back to your main account.

In terms of character choices, as someone mentioned above Karma doesn't really get a lot of love from the community. That said, I've seen some crazy AP-carry Karmas in lower level games. If you're looking at supports, Kayle is always a good cheap pick (and she can also play as top solo), Nidalee is also TON of fun to play as a carry, and can also be a strong support. In my opinion, this makes both Kayle and Nidalee great picks.

I'd say Sona is currently one of the strongest over-all support characters with her combination of damage, sustained healing, and movement bonus/hinder, as well as a large-scale CC ultimate. If you like support, and can afford her, definitely try sona.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    I'd agree on Jayce, he's pretty good anywhere. If you need a tanky support, I really like Alistar if I have someone in the jungle. I've played Janna more than Sona, and Janna is much more passive feeling, in that you really have to choose when to use abilities, as they aren't much as first glance. I have the most fun with Alistar as support tbh. Sona does have some really great abilities though, but I've always had preference in the order of Alistar>Janna>Sona>Nidalee. Not played any other support, so I couldn't comment on Taric, Nunu, Lulu. Just don't get Teemo and play him as support, it's awful.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    Id probably say go for Darius as well, he is the most fun out of the few the person above me mentioned, and you will annoy so many people with your ultimate If you ever plan playing draft pick though the 3 mentioned in the above comment wont be the best picks as all 3 usually get banned.
    I would disagree with this person, in that Darius is an absolute bore to play. However, he is Overpowered as all hell, so if that's you're thing, go for it. but you really won't be spending the time improving your personal skill level.

If you like Top Solo, I would suggest looking at:
    Jayce (super fun and versatile)

Mordekaiser (Tanky Mage, amazing pusher, very interesting mechanics)

Vladimir (one of my personal favorites and one of my mains. Spellvamp-reliant sustain caster. Very strong pusher, fairly strong carry. VERY steep learning curve for vlad, though)

Yorick (incredibly powerful top solo champion. Not always super fun to play, though)

Jax (strong solo top, also a viable jungler. can snowball into a monster late game)

Olaf (same as jax more or less, except for build obviously)

If you like AP mid, I would suggest giving the new Katarina a try. I got back into her after the remake, and in non-ranked games I've been been able to consistently rock 20-1, 25-5, 19-3, etc. games. And she's a lot of fun to play while still being complex (and not using mana. I'm heavily biased towards non-mana champions)

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the replies guys, the new free champs this week include janna and corki who ive been wanting to try out so Ill play them and see where im at

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried Lulu this week and she was neat but not really my cup of tea same with Lux. I was looking at Janna before I saw Karma she just struck me as a cool champ for whatever reason and wanted her instantly. I have no plans to play ranked, I dont really wanna be flamed for a hero pick either though. I had heard the community could be... harsh to newer players, guess its true. I might still get Karma I've been reading her guides trying to get a sense of her. Janna seems cool though too, is she a better pick for a newer player? or what about Nidalee she seems neat as well.
    Well, at low levels you might not get flamed for karma (it might honestly be the first time they've seen a karma), but at higher levels people tend to frown upon her. If that doesn't bother you, then go ahead an play her, she's pretty fun. Janna is great fun too.

Nidalee can be played as a support, but I think you'd have more fun as AP nidalee or AD bruiser nidalee. Though you see AP nidalee a lot more. Her spears hit for ludicrous amounts of damage when they are close to max range and you have any amount of AP. Hope that helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,

Karma's problem is that she requires more farm than most of the other supports. In that sense she's a bit more like Lux or Morgana. Both of those are marked as support, but people play them in mid. She is surprisingly strong when she does get the farm.

Urgot isn't played much because of his looks. He was really strong but they nerfed him quite a bit. He's still going to stomp most bot lanes if they don't know how to handle him.

Soraka is a nice support for Urgot, because she can feed him more mana for endless harass. Janna for double shields.

In all honesty though, if you want to try Karma, go ahead. It's not like you'll be jumping into ranked games right away anyway.

What are really nice 'burst' AP's?

I currently play a lot of Viktor, and he just rapes even when he is underfed. Is Malzahar something like that? Had him mid yesterday and well, his damage seemed nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    What are really nice 'burst' AP's?

I currently play a lot of Viktor, and he just rapes even when he is underfed. Is Malzahar something like that? Had him mid yesterday and well, his damage seemed nice.
    I think Viktor is incredibly underrated, he is actually insanely powerful, his ulti can win you team fights if used in the right places since it silences everyone on hit, plus being able to control it to follow people. Malzahar I have never played but since his pool does % damage with that stun he has makes him a brilliant burst champion.

Yeah, i've seen one other Viktor once, and hate to say it, but he was bad. Too bad so little people play him, but i guess it's cause he has to be in the front to have max burst.

I think Malzahar can be fun, and his silence / dot / ult can pretty much say 'hey, get that guy' i guess.

Saving up it is!

Deleted
    Malz and burst? His only direct damage is his silence. All the rest is time based. Only his insta kill combo could be considered burst, and that's relatively easy to counter. Burst is Annie or Morde or Cass or Eve .. You know, champs who get you from 100% to 0% in about 1.5 seconds?

I haven't played Annie yet. But seeing how she is free this week; why not. Problem with Annie's burst is that you can see it coming when she hits 6.

As far as i know, Morde is a lot of farm isn't he? To be effective that is.

I don't know about Cass, but i won my lane against her. When her poison hits, be ready to feel the pain.

How is Eve in team fights? Isn't she kinda too squishy / countered?