10+ Year Old Account
    Back again, looking for a strong AP mid. I have currently been playing Annie but i feel some times her range hurts me. I was looking at the likes of Brand/Cassiopeia or maybe someone a little less common like xerath. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    It would be faster to list the ones i don't own and are interested in:
    Ziggs/Cassiopeia/Brand/Xerath/Lux
    There are a few others but those are the ones I am most interested in. Don't really want lux cause my fiancee plays her, and we could always duo with her as support.

EDIT:

Added Syndra to the list, I always thought her kit looked neat.
    Last edited by bloodwulf; 2013-02-25 at 12:15 AM.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Back again, looking for a strong AP mid. I have currently been playing Annie but i feel some times her range hurts me. I was looking at the likes of Brand/Cassiopeia or maybe someone a little less common like xerath. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    There are a few others but those are the ones I am most interested in. Don't really want lux cause my fiancee plays her, and we could always duo with her as support.

EDIT:

Syndra is very powerfull, but only in the right hands. Her win% is horrible, but in Korean tournaments she is often seen decimating teams. But yes, very high skillcap.
    Your list only really has Lux as a currently considered "strong" pick. If I "HAD" to pick, I'd go for Ziggs as he has some burst, limited form of control with minefield and an escape. I'd look more towards TF if you don't like assassins/bruisers.

EDIT:

I really like Cassie, but I almost never see her do as well as I'd like. She plays alot like Annie. You have alot of burst damage and a less frequent stun. The chain casting of her e is pretty nice. The big problem is like Annie, she is really squishy and she tends to be even worse on mana. I hardly ever see her in pvp because she's pretty easily countered and ganked.

I really like Lux. She's got really decent range and her ult recycles super fast. Her cool downs are longer and her middle ability is a pretty weak power for the laning phase.

I'd suggest you look at Morganna too. Their tool kits are pretty similar. Instead of a shield that hits more than one person (sometimes), you get a magic damage only shield that makes you immune to CC or say your carry. You also get a great spell vamp passive. Finally, your ult is an aoe stun, which is always fun for team fights. Yeah, there's some counter play with it and flash, but if you force the enemy team to scatter, you'll probably get a few kills out of it and win the fight just the same.

I'd also really look at Karthus. His Q takes some getting used to if you don't use smart casting, but once you get that down, you have decent staying power in the lane leveling his e next. The wall can be useful in team fights and his ult is probably one of the best in the game. (Later in the game I only use it in team fights after I die or if they are running away.) Karthus can passive farm in his lane at the edge of his tower using his Q and just wait for a fight to break out in top or bottom lane and add pressure with his ult...it really is great for killing those that might get away. Best of all his E is nuts in the late game. I tend to build the hour glass and when they try to focus me, I go invulnerable and let them die in my aura. You might die afterwards, but the ult while dead can really wreck an enemy team. I think he's one of the few AP's that doesn't really need to win his lane as much as he needs not to lose it. You just farm up, snag a few kills with your ult, or at least make them go back earlier, and not try as dramatic of plays. When the end game rolls around, you are poised to really be a force to be reckoned with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I listed those champs cause those are the ones I don't have. I own champs like ahri/ryze/veiger/annie/morg/karth. I just wanted to learn a new champion. I ended up going with Cass, and i think she is a lot of fun.

I like ahri but she seems weak currently. Ryze i never really played season he was redone after season 1. Veiger and Annie are both fun but can get destroyed by some of the melee ad mids nows. Karth i just feel is the single most boring champion to play. I probably need to work more with him, but damn it is hard to get into him. Never really played morg, but I will give her a shot.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahri is most certainly not weak. You have to roam a lot and abuse her insane mobility to make plays (this includes having the balls for early dives).

If I was going to master any mid champion, it would be Ryze. So incredibly tanky, great sustained damage, and a nice non-skill shot root on a very low cooldown when free casting.

I like to run flash / teleport and have my outside laners keep a ward in the lane or river brush. It can make for some really nice counter-ganking. Been doing the Euro style 9/0/21 masteries with MS quints...seeing some success but I don't get to play a whole lot of mid.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Did anyone know that Trundles Pillar actually breaks Stealth? Yesterday a Teemo was hiding from us and I placed a pillar, directly out of stealth. Akali popped her area, pillar in the center, no more invis Akali. Trundle is so OP, he should have his own thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Trundle is so OP, he should have his own thread.
    No he's not.
    Yes he's fun to play and at least for me he's the best jungler I played so far,looking to try Voli today tho.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    No he's not.
    Yes he's fun to play and at least for me he's the best jungler I played so far,looking to try Voli today tho.
    Oh alright, no he's not OP. But that stealthbreaking part about Pillar, I didn't find that in the two guides I read on solomid //..hm there is only one so I must've read some other places as well...

(p.s. I would still like to refrain from yes/no games, so if you could put forward your opinion in a manner like; "No he's not, because.....[] Just like I did with yes he is because -> Pillar =/ stealth.)
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-26 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Did anyone know that Trundles Pillar actually breaks Stealth? Yesterday a Teemo was hiding from us and I placed a pillar, directly out of stealth. Akali popped her area, pillar in the center, no more invis Akali.
    It does not. It's just that when Teemo moves he loses his stealth - that includes being forced to move. Akali must have simply attacked to get her stealth removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It does not. It's just that when Teemo moves he loses his stealth - that includes being forced to move. Akali must have simply attacked to get her stealth removed.
    Scratch that I am wrong. Damnit. I was watching a replay but forgot to turn on fog of war on only my side.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-26 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    Hee guys, I am all about mid. Ive got Ryze, Lux, Orianna and TF. Any tips for the next one I should really buy, thinking about leblanc and swain, but love other suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronjames View Post
    Hee guys, I am all about mid. Ive got Ryze, Lux, Orianna and TF. Any tips for the next one I should really buy, thinking about leblanc and swain, but love other suggestions
    Ahri and Diana

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Ahri is most certainly not weak. You have to roam a lot and abuse her insane mobility to make plays (this includes having the balls for early dives).

If I was going to master any mid champion, it would be Ryze. So incredibly tanky, great sustained damage, and a nice non-skill shot root on a very low cooldown when free casting.

I like to run flash / teleport and have my outside laners keep a ward in the lane or river brush. It can make for some really nice counter-ganking. Been doing the Euro style 9/0/21 masteries with MS quints...seeing some success but I don't get to play a whole lot of mid.
    Ahri is weaker than she was in season 2 just for the sheer fact that her burst is quite negated by the health stacking current meta. I love Ahri, and mained her quite a bit in season 2, just now when i get in lane with her and have to go against some of the tankier mids, or god forbid a tank heavy team, she loses a lot of her former glory.

Deleted
    hey, bought Nami like 2days ago, she is fun was wondering for what i should go next, thinking about Syndra or Elise, I like classes on which you can use combos and Syndra looks pretty dynamic champion so does Elise with changing forms using cocoon in one then switching to spider form and rush with spiders, she is also harder to kill and gank.

Deleted
    Elise is a very good top laner and jungler, I can recommend her. No experience with Syndra though. One thing I can say is Elise might have some of the best ganks in the game.

Everyone should start playing blitzcrank some more. While you have the guile theme running on repeat in the background.

That moment when you pull someone and you hear "DUn DE DUN DE DA!! DUN DE DUN DE DA!" feel like a boss. I noticed when I played malz some more I see a lot more teams buying CSS :/ buggers.

Deleted
    Ahri is weaker than she was in season 2 just for the sheer fact that her burst is quite negated by the health stacking current meta.
    it's not like people weren't stacking health in s2 you know.

so the real change that hurt Ahri is that you can't just rush dfg like you did with Ahri/lb/anyone you're expecting to 100-0 with and thus your burst potential got severely limited.

she has no real changes made to her outside of her itemisation so she's just an as excellent pick as she was before - just not as OVERPOWERED vs carries. AP assassins got nerfed overall with the dfg nerf.

all in all there is not a single ap mid that isn't viable to play. this game is ridiculously balanced on the 1v1 side of things but some champions mentioned requires setups to fully utilize, i.e Brand and Cassiopeia. Brand requires several targets to get damage out of his ultimate (fun fact, lb and shaco clones make excellent bounce targets) and Cassiopeia is a dps caster (highest ap dps in the game afaik) and should be treated as such. Cassiopeia has godly wave clear though which is easily forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Everyone should start playing blitzcrank some more. While you have the guile theme running on repeat in the background.
    imo Thresh is Blitz v2.0 without the wall grabs.

Deleted
    I really like Cassie... She plays alot like Annie.
    WHAT?
    highest ap dps in the game afaik
    Not just AP. Though there are far better wave clears, but her single target dps is just insane, more so when you are closer to your target.

it's not like people weren't stacking health in s2 you know.
    Ultimately they were stacking resistances. The most usual item for defense was GA. This was far better on her because of the Q. But sure that part with DFG is true, and unfortunately for her, magic damage amplification is not that useful because of the Q.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    imo Thresh is Blitz v2.0 without the wall grabs.
    Thresh is nothing like Blitz. The only similarity is his Q, and it's closer to Naut's anchor than the rocket grab.

Deleted
    Is Amumu a fun and capable jungler/ganker? I'm quite new to jungling and so far my fav junglers that I played were Voli and Trundle,Fiddle was nice too.
    I haven't seen Amumu played that much recently, so I wonder if he's worth trying.