Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    It makes sense, I was just wondering if there was something I didn't know of that was considered a 'nerf to death' to them.
    All it says to me [when a champion is nerfed and is suddenly no longer played by anyone] is that the champion was popular because of some perceived aspect of power, not because people genuinely enjoyed playing them. When a nerf comes into effect and, say, pros no longer pick the nerfed champion in tournaments, 99% of solo queue (which is very different and where picks are less important) reacts and follows suit.

How well a less frequently picked champion can be used depends on their objective potential (which is, or should be, very similar across the board), and how well you use them (strategically and mechanically). One advantage of choosing Rammus in your case, for example, might be that half of your opponents won't know or remember exactly what his abilities do, while 80% may have never even played against him before. The advantage of an unfamiliar champion choice should not be taken lightly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    All it says to me [when a champion is nerfed and is suddenly no longer played by anyone] is that the champion was popular because of some perceived aspect of power, not because people genuinely enjoyed playing them. When a nerf comes into effect and, say, pros no longer pick the nerfed champion in tournaments, 99% of solo queue (which is very different and where picks are less important) reacts and follows suit.

How well a less frequently picked champion can be used depends on their objective potential (which is, or should be, very similar across the board), and how well you use them (strategically and mechanically). One advantage of choosing Rammus in your case, for example, might be that half of your opponents won't know or remember exactly what his abilities do, while 80% may have never even played against him before. The advantage of an unfamiliar champion choice should not be taken lightly.
    Before Evelynn was redesigned I used to play her lots for this reason exactly, most people didn't know what to expect - which worked particularly well when you ambush them from stealth - and suddenly they don't know what to watch out for, and don't have time to think Most people would disengage immediately and run for cover, which only works to her advantage.

Edit: also, gamhacked - what's with the build in your signature? Wouldn't you be way over the attack speed cap - maybe a Lulu or Thresh build?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Before Evelynn was redesigned I used to play her lots for this reason exactly, most people didn't know what to expect - which worked particularly well when you ambush them from stealth - and suddenly they don't know what to watch out for, and don't have time to think Most people would disengage immediately and run for cover, which only works to her advantage.
    I remember when I was new to the game, my friend kept trashing Evelynn (this was back in 2010), and for my lack of experience, I'd always tell him not to judge a champion just because he doesn't understand their niche. Your anecdote is good evidence of that, even though I never cared to play Evelynn 1.0 enough to see her as any good myself. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Edit: also, gamhacked - what's with the build in your signature? Wouldn't you be way over the attack speed cap - maybe a Lulu or Thresh build?
    It's a Dominion build I sometimes opt for when playing Kog'Maw. If memory serves, it grants 2.46 AS unbuffed (may or may not have had AS marks), but with Rageblade stacks I would go over. If you want to make the best use of this build, swap out the Greaves for any other boots and you should be alright. Lots of laughs with that build, by the way, lots of damage, regardless of what you're attacking. ^_^

6 heroes left to rule them all, which one should I buy?
    (Nami, Ziggs, Viktor, Volibear, Gragas, Galio)
    I'm currently saving 7800 to instantly buy Aatrox.

Deleted
    I'd probably get Nami, Ziggs or Galio first, in no specific order.

I would go for Nami or Gragas, pretty strong champions. (Ziggs gets an honorable mention!)

I was definitely expecting volibear to be the answer. I'm leaning towards Viktor for some reason myself - perhaps in hope he gets some nice QOL adjustments. Galio/Gragas are both -ok- picks for whatever, but when you have every other hero they're sort of "hey I haven't touched this hero in who knows when" picks. Nami is getting buffed, a lot recently. All my friends like her, so she might be what I pick up. Ziggs.. bleh. I hate playing against him, can only imagine just being annoying with him myself. lol

Deleted
    Khazix or Volibear for toplane?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Khazix or Volibear for toplane?
    I wouldn't pick either for top lane, but if I had to pick between those two I'd say Volibear because he's more bruiser-like than Kha'zix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    I wouldn't pick either for top lane
    Why not? D:

I played a lot of Volibear when he was free last month, I enjoyed the crap out of him!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Why not? D:

I played a lot of Volibear when he was free last month, I enjoyed the crap out of him!
    Kha'zix is too squishy to play top lane so he usually goes mid and Volibear is better in the jungle due to his "I can have no items and still do ridiculous damage"-nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Kha'zix is too squishy to play top lane so he usually goes mid and Volibear is better in the jungle due to his "I can have no items and still do ridiculous damage"-nature.
    Also, top laners tend to be much tankier than mid laners, meaning that a KZ can't go all in and burst his opponent down as easily at top compared to at mid.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Hello again, Last time i posted here i got a lot of help and advice so thought of trying it again. I am thinking of buying a new jungler, I am using Yi a lot atm but need a new one any suggestions? (I have Master Yi, Amumu, Nasus atm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Need a bit more info:
    Level? Ranked? Got specific runes or just a generic page? Want someone tanky or snowbally?

1. Buy Karthus
    2. Get 50% Spell Vamp
    3. Solo Baron
    4. ???
    5. Challenger

Okies so Fiddlesticks, Nautilus, Sejuani, and Singed are my choices for my next jungler. Anyone have any suggestions between these Champions to buy next?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klanransalee View Post
    Okies so Fiddlesticks, Nautilus, Sejuani, and Singed are my choices for my next jungler. Anyone have any suggestions between these Champions to buy next?
    Sejuani or Nautilus. Singed isn't a jungler (you can make it work, but I have never seen one, not on my level nor in pro play), Fiddlesticks is kinda meh if you don't have some form of other frontline. Sejuani has become very popular since her rework and Nautilus always had scary ganks and with the change to his shield, his jungling got a lot easier.

Deleted
    Obvious/great choices, that work more often, would be Sejuani and Nautilus I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. Jarvan is another one you might wish to look at.

Deleted
    hey just bought Ezrael, kinda my first real ADC i own and was wondering what is the difference between normal Ezrael and blue Ezrael which use the spirit of elder lizard, ice gloves, murama, CDR boots build (sorry dont remember the exact names)? Also which one is supposed to be better if it is? I really enjoy the blue build cus it does good damage and is less boring, also it seems safer cus you can poke with your Q a lot or just kite people.