Unless it's very aggressive lane and... umm... other aggressive ADCs are banned or something? I guess...

Yeah, she's ok and still can dominate if played well, but there's so many better choices.

Vayne, survive the lane phase and you're a beast later on! she's not easy, but can easily win the game if played well.
    (Also, Lucian is 'mobile adc' as well, might wanna get some IP for him )
    Last edited by StNimrod; 2013-07-18 at 01:10 PM.

Deleted
    Ahh so I think I'll be getting Vayne. ^^
    Thx for your opinion guys!

And yeah gonna get Lucian either way, just cuz he's badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I do like Quinn. Just not as AD carry.

I really like Vayne's playstyle (even if I'm not too good at her), but she does have a bit of a rough time if the enemy ADC/Support know what they're doing.

I've seen some bot lane Quinns and they devastate their lane, although I found out why after having played her a few times. The ones that stomped knew how to make her passive work for them, and their enemies did not understand how it functioned. Wait for initial mark, basic attack, instantly leap into them and another basic attack, and you've taken pretty much all of an ADC's life. Chase and score a kill as they panic from massive burst. When you realise that though, I agree she is vastly out classed by other ADC's.

One of the guys I game with who jungles a lot got Aatrox recently and he's done really well with him. He jungles until his passive is almost full and then goes for a gank, so he gets the most out of the AS bonus. He's good at keeping his life up through a jungle run too, so he's always in the best condition to gank. Had some very successful ganks with me as Lissandra. They just couldn't get away.

I personally don't like Aatrox because of his model. He looks like he's crapped his pants when he walks. Aesthetics are a bit thing for me, and I enjoy it more (and hence do well) when my Champion looks awesome!
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye. Quinn essentially is playing a kill lane. Give her a Leona, Taric or Zyra and it's a pretty damn brutal combination. However... her shit range and vault mechanics means she's very vulnerable. She vaults in, gets stunned, dies. Varus or Caitlynn shouldn't ever get touched. Tristana can try to burst her at level 2-3 so she becomes scared to engage and gives Trist time to build up range.

10+ Year Old Account
    People greatly underestimate the damage that Quinn can do in lane. In my experience she out trade just about everyone in extended engagements. In quick burst fights, like leona jumping onto your face and graves doing a full combo, you have no hope of returning that kind of damage in the same time that they did, but if the skirmish lasts long enough for you to get 2-3 harrier procs you will probably be out damaging the other lane significantly. If you can mange to start the fight off with a harrier proc that you did not apply via vault, it's easy to proc that, then vault get another harrier proc, then chase for about 3 seconds and then get another harrier proc. That is pretty much the best case scenario for her trades in lane.

The main thing about her is her range though. If you get poked down too hard before you can try to go for an engagement, then your damage over an extended fight doesn't matter. Caitlyn is particularly hard to lane against.

I personally thing Quinn is better in the top lane when you have a jungler like nunu that can control the other jungler so Quinn can do her thing top. She destroy's a lot of popular top laners, trynadmere in particular. Another thing that people don't really make use of very well is her ultimate. Sure in lane it gives you some pretty crazy dueling power and lets you maul people. But it lasts so long that you can easily zoom down to mid lane from top lane, still have some time left on your ult then get the execute off after you have hit them a bit as a bird.

All things considered, she is not a bad champion, but is not suited to bot lane that well. I mentioned that it was important to control the other jungler, because since she is a ranged AD, she can't really 2v1 in the beginning of the game. Someone like darius is capable of turning around a gank and getting a double kill out of it because of his incredible early game damage, but quinn is not.

Now with all that about Quinn, I would recommend Vayne lol.

So to be fair i'll add a bit about vayne. There are currently two really popular builds on her: the Korean build and the Doublelift (or just standard) build. I want to say that she is build slightly different in Europe usually, but it's not as different as the korean/na split.

The korean build focuses on maximizing her AS and movement capabilities. You build Blade of the Ruined King -> Static Shiv -> Phantom dancer -> Last Whisper/Infinities Edge. You are also not maxing tumble with this build. You usually put 2-3 points into, then put your points in W so it will be rank 5 around the timer you are getting your botrk put together. Your damage out put during your ult is incredible, but it's not that great when you don't have your ult up, so you really have to choose your fights and use your ult smartly in team fights.

The liftlift build is bloodthirster -> Phantom Dancer -> Last Whisper/Infinities Edge. This build gives you more consistent damage and more lifesteal for staying alive in team fights and laning. The key difference is that you don't have nearly as much movement speed or AS with this build, so the amount of kiting you can do is limited compared to the other builds. That being said, tumble is an excellent kiting tool and both builds have access to it at the same cooldown, since neither build goes for CDR. The Korean build is much harder to use to it's fullest potential, since you really have to be on top of your vayne mechanics to maximize your damage, but it rewards skilled players very well.

So if you are wanting an AD carry for bot lane, then I would go with Vayne. Quinn does work, but is a really risky champion in bot. Ironically Vayne can also be a solo top ranged AD since she can sort of get away with tumble and condemn, but Quinn is seen top much more often than Vayne is.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're interested, SK is playing Quinn now at the LCS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    If you're interested, SK is losing now at the LCS.
    Fixed, Duilliath.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least the Quinn wasn't to blame!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    People greatly underestimate the damage that Quinn can do in lane. In my experience she out trade just about everyone in extended engagements. In quick burst fights, like leona jumping onto your face and graves doing a full combo, you have no hope of returning that kind of damage in the same time that they did, but if the skirmish lasts long enough for you to get 2-3 harrier procs you will probably be out damaging the other lane significantly. If you can mange to start the...
    Wow thx so much! ^^ I'm definetly taking Vayne now!

Off-topic: Mind telling what anime your avatar is from? :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementFreak View Post

Vayne was the correct choice *nods*

His Avatar/Signature is Holo from Spice and Wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementFreak View Post

Thanks! I mained AD for a long time, so I am very familiar with all of them except maybe Kog'maw. Glad I could help.

And the sig/ava is Holo from Spice and Wolf.

Deleted
    I want an assassin for top lane, can't decide between Akali and Zed, which one u guys think is more useful for the team

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arks View Post
    I want an assassin for top lane, can't decide between Akali and Zed, which one u guys think is more useful for the team
    Zed is straight up stronger in all regards right now.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

I totally agree, Zed is just stronger now. No question about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Zed, I'm looking to pick up some champs that are like him. With good burst/reliable escape. Maybe Kha'zix? not sure how he is after they changed W and stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan View Post
    Speaking of Zed, I'm looking to pick up some champs that are like him. With good burst/reliable escape. Maybe Kha'zix? not sure how he is after they changed W and stuff.
    Sounds like Fizz would be what you're looking for.

Deleted
    Still a beast. If you like the bursty slippery assassin he is still arguably the best in that department. You can also try Kassadin, Fizz, Akali for similar playstyles/results. Ahri to a bit of a lesser degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah thanks. I was considering Kassadin too. Seems like as long as you get to 6 safely you turn into a unstoppable monster.

Ah thanks. I was considering Kassadin too. Seems like as long as you get to 6 safely you turn into a unstoppable monster.
    Both khazix and kassadin are unstoppable monsters. Khazix is my prefered champ, and I seem to win almost every game I play with him (top). If he gets fed and if you know what items to buy, nothing can stop him unless the other team gets fed as well or if they have a lot of CC