Deleted
    Akali first of all is sorta similar to Diana, could give her a try. Katarina's mostly in a class of her own, but you can try the other reset champs like Yi and Kha'zix and see if they're your style :P

Deleted
    thanks for the reply diana looks very interesting to me. i read she's only good at mid, is it possible to play her on top too? i like the style of her ult <3

kha'zix and yi aren't really my type of champs... sounds stupidly, but i only can play champs i like the look of ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Ishvari View Post
    thanks for the reply diana looks very interesting to me. i read she's only good at mid, is it possible to play her on top too? i like the style of her ult <3

kha'zix and yi aren't really my type of champs... sounds stupidly, but i only can play champs i like the look of ^^;
    She can top, mid and jungle. I'd say her best lanes are top or jungle, but her mid isn't too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Blitz is certainly fun but why go for blitz when you can go for Blitz MKII aka Thresh?
    Cause blitz still does it better and you play them very differently. Thresh is basically a leona that works better in the jungle. He is about jumping in and locking down a target or initiating a team fight. Blitz is all about pulling a single target out of position and nuking them away from their team. He also moves around the map a lot faster and can clear waves faster. You play blitz to basically secure a few kills bot lane and then roam. Thresh is more of an adc bodyguard similar to nautilus. That's why lvl 1 invades with blitzcranks are so scary since he pulls you over a wall into 5 people vs holding you down while his team walks up to. Situation 1 is death unless you can instantly flash out of it (true for almost anything). Situation 2 you might survive if you team is already there and can even turn around if he jumps in as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every so often you make sense in that garbled mess. I'm quite sure you're doing that on purpose just to make the utter non-sense seem more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Cause blitz still does it better and you play them very differently. Thresh is basically a leona that works better in the jungle. He is about jumping in and locking down a target or initiating a team fight. Blitz is all about pulling a single target out of position and nuking them away from their team. He also moves around the map a lot faster and can clear waves faster. You play blitz to basically secure a few kills bot lane and then roam. Thresh is more of an adc bodyguard similar to nautilus. That's why lvl 1 invades with blitzcranks are so scary since he pulls you over a wall into 5 people vs holding you down while his team walks up to. Situation 1 is death unless you can instantly flash out of it (true for almost anything). Situation 2 you might survive if you team is already there and can even turn around if he jumps in as well.
    I always end up with blitz's that take option number 3, pull in the Braum .

For the top lane assassin maybe Riven? She sort of has a bit of that "i'm here, i'm there" kind of thing, although a bit more predictable. And as far as top laners go, she is for sure one of the more aggressive/offensive ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishvari View Post
    Hello there,
    i'm still pretty new to LoL but totally fell in love with it.
    Until now i was mostly playing mid lane - bit of a mistake, cause nearly everyone wants to play mid xD
    Never really liked the tanky top lane (mostly because i feel so fat up there, all the champs i played didn't really have that great mobility or burst), the adc's i played were some kind of boring to me, support is nice, but couldn't play that too often and i never was able to jungle, somehow i just don't get how it works ^^

Whatever, after being a bit annoyed of all the fights "i was first mid" "no i was first -ctrl+v" "nice troll, i was first -ctrl+v" BLAAAAH i decided to try out something else. i really LOVED playing katarina, and liked akali very much aswell (in fact, i liked most of the assassin mages) - kat and akali most because of their mobility and all that "i'm here, no i'm there, come and catch me, hahaha"

i wanted to ask you - are there any top laners or adc similar to kat or akali?

thanks in advance
    -ish-

ps.: i'm not even lvl30, so it's really just about the fun, not about any kind of ranks
    shaco
    just shaco

he is most suited for jungle atm but can be played as offensive support
    he is the definition of "try to catch me"

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to ask, because I'm honestly quite curious... what part of Shaco screams "top laner" or "adc" to you?

Deleted
    trundle or maokai that is the question..hmmm..

Deleted
    Maokai has a bigger niche so to speak.

Trundle is especially useful against teams with just one tank, whereas Maokai is extremely useful against any team with high aoe damage. The second situation occurs way more often :P

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    trundle or maokai that is the question..hmmm..
    Maokai.

Hard to lose lane and sometimes it's very easy to get ahead cause people underestimate your damage.
    And lategame you just cant die unless you're really behind or didnt farm that well.

Deleted
    Played 4 games with him

Hes pretty boring. But hes strong. I'll add him to my ranked top.

Only one of those people on teambuilder I was against top was diamond as well so its tough to judge until I play him ranked.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Played 4 games with him

Hes pretty boring. But hes strong. I'll add him to my ranked top.

Only one of those people on teambuilder I was against top was diamond as well so its tough to judge until I play him ranked.
    You should really build Spirit Visage instead of Banshees on him, unless they happened to have a lot of annoying CC ultimates or something :P The CDR is great on him as well as the 20% extra healing for your passive.

But yeah, he's not the most exciting champion :P But indeed, very strong if you've farmed well and gotten a few kills/assists early/mid-game. Though he gets a bit more fun if you're really ahead and snowballing and build more damage on him instead of just tankyness :P Like RoA, Abyssal, Sorc Boots, Liandrys/Raba, IBG, Randuins/Sunfire/SV... still quite tanky but can burst down enemy carries rather easily, at least mid-game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I find Maokai super boring to play - I agree he can be strong though.

By contrast though, Trundle feels like a playmaker - he's like the king of sustain with all his self-healing, he wins any duel if his ult is up, he can't lose his lane, and he's really hard to dive (he can overextend though, but that's it). Plus, he has an on-hit / attack reset in his Q, and a massive attack speed buff in his frozen domain - so if you build some damage on him he gets pretty scary.

Oh, and he can bite towers with his Q - which is awesome - he's like one of the best tower-killers in game IMO, drop haste zone, Q it, feels like Sivir. Scales really well with any of BotRK / Ravenous Hydra / Trinity Force. BotRK + Frozen Domain make him a tank-shredder, Ravenous Hydra is hilarious with his passive+spirit visage (essential) - and helps with his semi-weak lane pressure, and/or Trinity Force makes his Q super bursty on enemy squishies (plus all the stats are useful for him, which is rare even for champions who like TF).

The thing I find with Trundle is, if you treat him more as an offensive bruiser rather than a pure tank, he can do well against a lot of popular offensive melee top laners (Riven, Nasus, Fiora, etc) that people seem to struggle with. And once teamfights start, good use of his pillar can get early flashes very easily if he has a friendly ADC or assassin behind him - and/or good use of his ultimate on that first focused target can give his team a 4v5 situation: it's an enormous amount of armor/mr/health to lose as a ranged ability coming off a frontline/tank.

No doubt Maokai is strong, but Trundle is fun He can duel, he can split push, he can chomp towers/inhibs like an ADC, he can tank (and can build armor, or mr, or health effectively). He gets countered by a ranged/poke-y top lane, and he can fall off in endgame if the enemy team is good at kiting him because he has no real poke / dive - but I enjoy that he's flexible.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't pick Trundle into Jayce please. There's nothing the Trundle can do other than eat Shockblasts.

Or Ryze. You can literally do nothing as i spam your face with Q's. Oh you gonna E me and W? Too bad i'll just W you and run away with my movement speed quints.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya Trundle definitely has some hard counters: pretty much every ranged top. Still fun when you can play him though

Deleted
    Am I the only one who pick champs based on aesthetics?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicry View Post
    Nope

Evelynn / Morgana / LeBlanc are my girls, I prefer a black magic vibe (and I main a Shadowpriest in wow!)

Quote Originally Posted by Manicry View Post
    Nope, but usually there's atleast 1 skin i like on a champion, so i can play whatevs. If i had to play solely on the default skin looks, then my most played champ would probably be Aatrox. Love me dem curtain wings.