Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I'm looking to buy a new champion. I like AD carries and I'm wondering what to get. Here are the characters I already have.

And my shopping list:
    Tryndamere - 1350
    Pantheon - 3150
    Akali -3150
    Swain - 4800
    Graves - 6300
    Lee Sin - 6300

I might also add that I have full AD runes.
    Tryndamere hardcarries team when fed/farmed (ad melee carry). I find tryndamere extremely boring though.
    Pantheon melee assassin with good ganks and rlly fun to jump in turrets n do some harass without getting turret dmg <3
    akali rips ppl's faces off if played correctly. It's sad to get 3-shot :'(
    No clue about swain atm

Graves prolly is one of the best ad carries (he can simply drop his load on u and back off again). His burst compared to other carries early on is extremely good. I myself rather enjoy him more than vayne(once u play her u get a target on your head -_-)
    And lee sin... Even a poor played lee sin can simply stomp an entire team (denying a lee sin solo top with kennen and getting 2 kills on him top to only still see him steamroll ur team at the 30 min mark once teamfights start ..). Seriously thinking of getting him myself, but i NEED ahri first
    Last edited by mmoc75e9105cc6; 2012-04-03 at 08:14 AM. Reason: forgetting stuff x)

Deleted
    Just bought twitch last night, early game he SUCKS and i mean sucks no early game kills for you. owever if you do get kills andd farm minions your be boss doing lots of dmg.

Anyway what melee has the highest skill cap + does lots of dmg

10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly fill the role of bottom with Support Taric or AD Ezreal. I want to be versatile for my solo que so I need a fun jungler and a top character. I am open to anything but I prefer more active heroes...a reason I love Ezreal.

I haven't jungled since it was changed long ago when I used Udyr.

Also I mid as Ryze but if there are similar champs with a stronger presence I am open to suggestions.

P.S. Common bans aren't a favorite. I am a great morgana but she banned often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    I mainly fill the role of bottom with Support Taric or AD Ezreal. I want to be versatile for my solo que so I need a fun jungler and a top character. I am open to anything but I prefer more active heroes...a reason I love Ezreal.

Also I mid as Ryze but if there are similar champs with a stronger presence I am open to suggestions.

Check out Shyvana, Skarner, Trundle, Cho'Gath, Wukong, Xin Zhao and Jax.
    If you are doing solo que mostly, and you know enemy jungler starts at blue, pick Shyvana, take your wraiths and your red, and go straight to his red. You got yourself 400g
    Skarner is super fast, has awesome ulty, built in slow and mini heal.

Trundle, with his q that restarts autoattacks, you have free attack speed, "wall" spell that slows, and awesome ulty that makes you beefy, while it softens enemy tanks. And passive that heals you x% of hp when anything dies.

Cho has crazy sustain, aoe knock up, aoe silence and free HP. If you land knock up, its kill or recall. And you can build him any way you want, ap, tank, ad, on hit effects. And you can clear jungle just with cloth armor.

Wukong has jump, armor reduction and mini stelth. And knockup ulty. And free defensive stats.

Xin has jump ability, knock up with high dmg, free attack speed and "cdr", and awesome passive that gives you crazy sustain in jungle. Falls off later in game, but early on, hes strong.

Jax, has no real weapon but still hits hard. Free attack speed, hybrid dmg, jump and stun.

Most of this champions have some kind of gap closer and disable, which, in my opinion are most important things for jungler. And most of them I see as active heroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Hi, so basically I'm looking into Graves. I've played him a few times in the past, and more games today since he's free. My only problem is I ask is he squishy? On paper, he doesn't. I'm following this guide:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...to-dead-140972

And it seems to output A LOT of damage, it's just I get annihilated by certain champions (Xen mostly). Is this just a case of I'm doing something wrong, or were the few champions I was having problems against just a counter champion problem?
    Graves is the most tanky ad carry in game. But you simply cannot go toe to toe with xin zhao as he'll just lifesteal u to death while he swoops u in the air. The only thing u and your partner can do is try to deny him last hits and make SURE he can't jump you or when he does that ur atleast near your turret. My guess the situation would be that they' be pushing the minions rather hard under your turret.
    You shouldn't be comparing champions, especially when they fill in completely different roles.

I guess you'll have to learn when to go agressive on Graves, as i know that going agressive on him all the time simply doens't work unless u want to be oom in 2 mins. Pick your battles and be aware of where u're standing (smart positioning). Always be aware that despite his smoke screen and his dash, he still is a rather slow champion without items(movementwise). Not as bad as Ashe but I guess you know what i mean .

Hope this helped a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I'm looking to buy a new champion. I like AD carries and I'm wondering what to get. Here are the characters I already have.

And my shopping list:
    Tryndamere - 1350
    Pantheon - 3150
    Akali -3150
    Swain - 4800
    Graves - 6300
    Lee Sin - 6300

I might also add that I have full AD runes.
    Swain.

Simple reason: you have AD covered with Trist. Yes, you could use some other char there, but you'll be fine for now. You have Soraka, Alistar, Blitz and Nunu for support. You have top lane and jungle covered with Warwick, Jax, Xin Zhao, Olaf. You have some variety with Poppy, Kayle and Katarina. You don't really have a solid AP carry though, and Swain would cover this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Swain.

Simple reason: you have AD covered with Trist. Yes, you could use some other char there, but you'll be fine for now. You have Soraka, Alistar, Blitz and Nunu for support. You have top lane and jungle covered with Warwick, Jax, Xin Zhao, Olaf. You have some variety with Poppy, Kayle and Katarina. You don't really have a solid AP carry though, and Swain would cover this.
    lol swain solid ap carry.
    swain sucks. get ryze hes only 450 and hes like tier 1 ap carry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post

I really like Shyvana for jungling, she isn´t super active with her abilities, but she counter jungles like a beast. Also try out Olaf, he is a great ganker and anti-carry.

For mid I would suggest you try out Cassieopiea or Ahri, thye both have very potent ganking and pushing potential, they are also able to simply kill a player in seconds with their combo if he overextends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexes View Post
    lol swain solid ap carry.
    swain sucks. get ryze hes only 450 and hes like tier 1 ap carry.
    Ryze was not on his shopping list. Swain was. Swain is a solid pick though. Not the best AP carry, but can definitely deal some damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.

Starting items are debatable (depends on your support / lane opponent).

I wouldn't prioritise Bloodthirster (it's not a bad item, but wouldn't be my first pick to complete).

Frozen Mallet is debatable - I like it, but there's other options in its stead, such as Guardian Angel or Quicksilver Sash.

I can't think of any of the common ADs where Black Cleaver really is a good idea and especially not that late. If you build it last, most of the other team will have armour, in which case Last Whisper will be far superior. If there is only one enemy with high armour, a second Bloodthirster or Phantom Dancer will let you line up more damage.

Personally I like picking up Zeal before completing any big item, as its increased movement speed is invaluable in staying alive.

Deleted
    Not really.

I wouldn't prioritise Bloodthirster (it's not a bad item, but wouldn't be my first pick to complete).

Frozen Mallet is debatable - I like it, but there's other options in its stead, such as Guardian Angel or Quicksilver Sash.

I can't think of any of the common ADs where Black Cleaver really is a good idea and especially not that late. If you build it last, most of the other team will have armour, in which case Last Whisper will be far superior. If there is only one enemy with high armour, a second Bloodthirster or Phantom Dancer will let you line up more damage.

Personally I like picking up Zeal before completing any big item, as its increased movement speed is invaluable in staying alive.
    I usually rush a IE if they let me farm/pick up a few kills. I'm normally fine with just getting beserker's greaves. But I guess it comes down differently every game. I find myself more oftenly picking up wriggles on an AD carry (their ad carry got a tripple kill when our team failed an invade -_-)

Deleted
    I bought Twisted Fate the other day. When he has reached mid game with items, he is like gatling gun of death!

10+ Year Old Account
    TF is much better as AP (assuming you are playing him AD like your post suggests).

Deleted
    Not really.

I always start boots +3p, I don't like depending on my support and you will trade hits with Graves. If you don't like playing an aggressive botlane, don't play Graves.

Don't prioritize BT, hell, hold it back, you are tanky and you have a ton of escapes. FM is a waste, you shouldn't tank, grab a Guardian Angel instead, WAY better.

So yeah, zerkers works fine since you shouldn't need focus. And zeal is fantastic. but try getting a damage item first.

How I build him: Boots 3p start, core items are IE, PD, I want these every game I play him. Extremely likely other items are Guardian Angel, Last Whisper and Bloodthirster. I always try farming untill I can start with buying a BF Sword. Next buy is probably Zeal and a vamp scepter. Then I try finishing IE, if not possible buy subitems for PD. Finish IE/PD. Are you getting picked off/ultied/killed? -(try joining teamfight AFTER engage, get a good spot)- buy GA. Once GA is finished, see if you need more damage (LW) or more survivability (BT). Buy agility elixirs in between and wards in other empty spots.

@TF, AP mid is good burst/poke damage, no sustain. Easy ganks too from mid and ultimate pushing power with Lichbane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    TF is much better as AP (assuming you are playing him AD like your post suggests).
    Yea, I'm playing AD in ranked matches, but if I'm learning AP in bot matches and once I'm comfortable enough with it, I'm gonna move back into ranked with him.

I started playing just this week, so only have the free weekly classes, but have racked up enough points to buy a Champion.

I'm currently enjoying Kathrus and Zuggs for holding top/mid and killing enemy champions (bots only so far), but I was experimenting with Tryand (The barbarian/self heal guy) and enjoyed just mopping up minions and the self healing meant I could keep going, although I really couldn't do a lot against champions that fled since I didn't have any burst after slowing them.

Any suggestions for strong (but not the often banned ones from the tier list) that I should learn/enjoy? Preferably ones that have a higher skill level so aren't seen as much?

Deleted
    I've only played AD carries so far and am really liking Tryndamere and to a lesser extent, Miss Fortune but would like to try a mage.

Can anyone recommend one since even though I'm close to 30, I've had no experience playing any mage champion so far.
    What I'm looking for is.

-High damage or good CC
    -Decent escape mechanics
    -All useful abilities are direct, as in, press button, stuff happens not some "if you have cast 3 spells your next spell cast in 10 seconds reduces the cooldown of your ultimate and slows the target". Just stun, damage, slow, many of them in one spell, DoT is fine too. A good example would be Karthus, a bad one Annie.

Deleted
    Try Veigar.
    When you push buttons, stuff happens. Brutally.

Deleted
    I have to make hard decision between talon and wukong. I dont play (or win so much) to get 6300 in a week, so i need to stick with my decision for a while.
    I like them both. I have played them both. I do good on them both.

I like the idea that both of them have ability to get to the target (nimbus strike and the talon's teleport behind thingy), they aint right clickers and they cant do shit load of dmg as burst.

My head tells me to get wukon cos the ulti is great in team fights as your team can pretty much kill one or two enemies while they jump in the air and my Q gives me 30% armor reduction. But wukong aint assasin like talon who do their work fast and get out.

Tell me more pros and cons so I can sleep tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I've only played AD carries so far and am really liking Tryndamere and to a lesser extent, Miss Fortune but would like to try a mage.

Can anyone recommend one since even though I'm close to 30, I've had no experience playing any mage champion so far.
    What I'm looking for is.

-High damage or good CC
    -Decent escape mechanics
    -All useful abilities are direct, as in, press button, stuff happens not some "if you have cast 3 spells your next spell cast in 10 seconds reduces the cooldown of your ultimate and slows the target". Just stun, damage, slow, many of them in one spell, DoT is fine too. A good example would be Karthus, a bad one Annie.
    You should look at the following:

Ryze - Good Burst, Snare
    Veigar - Amazing Burst, Stun although he is a glass cannon
    Lux - Nice Damage, with a snare and a slow, a shield that can hit multiple allies and low CD ult
    Ahri - Good Damage with a taunt and a really sweet ult.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimC View Post
    I have to make hard decision between talon and wukong. I dont play (or win so much) to get 6300 in a week, so i need to stick with my decision for a while.
    I like them both. I have played them both. I do good on them both.

I like the idea that both of them have ability to get to the target (nimbus strike and the talon's teleport behind thingy), they aint right clickers and they cant do shit load of dmg as burst.

My head tells me to get wukon cos the ulti is great in team fights as your team can pretty much kill one or two enemies while they jump in the air and my Q gives me 30% armor reduction. But wukong aint assasin like talon who do their work fast and get out.
    It depends, between the two I would probably take wukong. Although which on would you feel more comfortable playing.