Page 8 of 272 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Sion was my first champ i bought when i started a month ago , now i realise once u go against good players , he aint all that.
    Fun , but frustratingly bad if things aint going well.
    I just feel more useless then other champs if things aint going perfectly in my lane/team.

And for Jaja , i finallly bought pantheon last night and i love him!
    Hes a fun champ with some interesting skills that can really scare the shit out of enemies if played right and his only downside might be his squishyness i guess.
    But fun and effective champ in my eyes! doesnt deserve the crap he gets from most people.

Personally im still interested in maokai/malzahar/renekton/vladimir ( cus he gets on sale tomorrow for 50% off)
    Il get em all in the end but i just cant make up my mind which to pick first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Scion - atmongers or pure AD? Just getting into this champ, trying to break away from twitch a bit.
    AP Sion is one of the best bursters in the game and is very strong SoloTop, personally for AD Sion I go more a Crit AS build, I find warmogs isn't really worth the money on Sion due to Sions amazing sustainability with his ultimate in a Crit AS Build. Personally I rarely play Sion AD though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadokhan View Post
    Personally im still interested in maokai/malzahar/renekton/vladimir ( cus he gets on sale tomorrow for 50% off)
    Il get em all in the end but i just cant make up my mind which to pick first.
    Depends what you want Malz, Vlad both AP sololaners, Moakai earlygame ap/tank sololane and Renekton AD Sololane. Personally in the order I'd buy them due to viability and fun aswell I'd go Malz -> Moakai -> Renekton -> Vlad in buy order.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2011-10-27 at 04:14 PM.

Wondering wether to buy Swain now.. Every game I see him he's owning and barely killable unless you unleash all of your team's ignites on him. I just don't understand where his damage is coming from.. His ulti doesn't look that strong to me, more like a sustain thing. I guess you could call that the power of Swain?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Wondering wether to buy Swain now.. Every game I see him he's owning and barely killable unless you unleash all of your team's ignites on him. I just don't understand where his damage is coming from.. His ulti doesn't look that strong to me, more like a sustain thing. I guess you could call that the power of Swain?
    Swain is still heavily underrated, used to main him sometime ago. Torment is the best DoT in the game and early game Torment+Lazer Chicken+Ignite with the optional root can unexpectedly kill your opponent in lane (the extra wtf from your lane opponent is nice). Swains last hitting animation is also amazingly good, way too easy to last hit auto attack with Swain which is never a bad thing and may sound like a random plus for Swain (lols), also easy to farm due to his AoE root and ultimate meaning you should never be behind on cs. When Swain is fed it can become very very difficult to kill him due to his ultimate sustain, blue buff on Swain is also a massive pain in the ass. He also has solid cc with his AoE which can become hard to use when people get tier 2 boots but a good player will hit it everytime, it also has good burst damage at low levels. His root also makes him a potent ganker and his torment+ignite again sure puts out decent damage.

When Vladimir came out and sometime after and he was considered extremely overpowered, Swain used to be his direct counter due his powerful DoTs, Root and Ignite.

In my opinion he's just one of those amazingly underrated champions like Kog'Maw was before he became FOTM recently, Swain had his FOTM time when HSGG showed everyone Swain can be decent enough, I already played him before that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    DAMN YOU!

Stop making me want to play more champions already!

._.

Deleted
    Sion is AP pubstomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    DAMN YOU!

Stop making me want to play more champions already!

._.
    XD (secretly riot employee, wanting yo moneys!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, they got my moneys for the month. Bought Nocturne on sale and thus had to buy a skin for him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    Swain is still heavily underrated, used to main him sometime ago. Torment is the best DoT in the game and early game Torment+Lazer Chicken+Ignite with the optional root can unexpectedly kill your opponent in lane (the extra wtf from your lane opponent is nice). Swains last hitting animation is also amazingly good, way too easy to last hit auto attack with Swain which is never a bad thing and may sound like a random plus for Swain (lols), also easy to farm due to his AoE root and ultimate meaning you should never be behind on cs. When Swain is fed it can become very very difficult to kill him due to his ultimate sustain, blue buff on Swain is also a massive pain in the ass. He also has solid cc with his AoE which can become hard to use when people get tier 2 boots but a good player will hit it everytime, it also has good burst damage at low levels. His root also makes him a potent ganker and his torment+ignite again sure puts out decent damage.
    Would you say he's a better pick than Kennen?

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Would you say he's a better pick than Kennen?

They fulfill very different roles and both viable so it's really up to your choice. Kennen is a burst caster with a lot of crowd control and instant burst damage through his skills and ultimate. Swain however has a lot of sustainability, Swain can survive burst damage where maybe Kennen could not because Swain doesn't die particulary easy. Both are extremely decent at teamfights and farming due to both their AoE spells.

They both fit into very different comps, if your team needs some damage and lacks cc I would definatly pick Kennen however if my team had say an Alistar/Amumu and just needs a damage dealer with moderate cc who has the capability to pump out average dps for a decent amount of time during a teamfight I would say I'd pick Swain for that team, out of them two anyway. They're very team dependant champions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Swain more than Kennen, unless you have ignite and have cc (cc may not be enough) swain is one of the few who when fed can solo entire team (of noobs of course), Kennen is a pain stunner while Swain has more survive and can stay much longer and still deal dmg, + his torment+ deathfire do heavy dmg
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...buy-next-70445

is super outdated but explains how you should pick which champs to buy.

I would sub amumu for shen, taric or alistar for janna, and udyr for WW. The super strong AD are all relatively expensive now so I'd probably stick with Ashe until you decide on Vayne/Cait/Kog.
    Nightstormer of Azuremyst

When Vladimir came out and sometime after and he was considered extremely overpowered, Swain used to be his direct counter due his powerful DoTs, Root and Ignite.

In my opinion he's just one of those amazingly underrated champions like Kog'Maw was before he became FOTM recently, Swain had his FOTM time when HSGG showed everyone Swain can be decent enough, I already played him before that though.
    Thanks a lot man. I really prefer to play underrated champions. Like only until recently Lee Sin has gained a lot of popularity but for some reason nobody used to play him. Same goes for Nasus and Trundle which I also love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I'd say Karthus, but I'm biased as I think Twitch is a trash champion for Summoners Rift.
    Twitch bot with a good tank that knows how get you kills and twitch is one of your ultimate quadra/penta kill champs late build in team fights. (Assuming good initiations and you don't jump the gun in team fights ESPECIALLY if the other team is using lots of oracle's) I personally use teemo. Late game with a great build, just beast. Full build I sit with about 3100+ HP 2.2 attack speed and roughly 500-600 damage per hit (on hit effects included) The blind for 2.5 secs late game pretty much guarantees a kill on any AD carry if you build him properly. Also Akali is a great champ, I recently picked her up and fell in love with the play style although it is a slightly higher skill curve. (Noxplod is my summoner name for those interested in playing summoner's rift or dominion.)

I'm looking for a melee based character. I really want it to have a charge of sorts (ex. Akali's ultimate) that doesn't have a big cooldown (ex. Akali's ultimate ). I'd definitely like him to be strong early game and towards midgame be able to solo minion waves. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I'm looking for a melee based character. I really want it to have a charge of sorts (ex. Akali's ultimate) that doesn't have a big cooldown (ex. Akali's ultimate ). I'd definitely like him to be strong early game and towards midgame be able to solo minion waves. Any suggestions?
    Urm if by charge you mean gapcloser and not like charge as in how many times you can use it. I guess Irelia might be good for you? Irelia has a pretty strong lane phase and her Ulti has a short enough CD to be used to clear waves very easily.

Deleted
    Urm if by charge you mean gapcloser and not like charge as in how many times you can use it. I guess Irelia might be good for you? Irelia has a pretty strong lane phase and her Ulti has a short enough CD to be used to clear waves very easily.
    As well as Irelia, you also have Nidalee. The same notion, pretty decent early game with a low cd heal, her pounce has a base 4(?) second Cd now, affected by CDR. Cougar form abilities can clear waves. She's a real terror mid game with her spears, which, with enough AP and CDR can be devastating in a poke stand off late game.

Yeah I'm looking for a gapcloser. I'll try out Irelia and Nidalee soon, any others you recommend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Yeah I'm looking for a gapcloser. I'll try out Irelia and Nidalee soon, any others you recommend?
    Kassadin kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Kassadin kinda.
    This, Kassadin the gap closer of all gap closers, he can't clear a whole creep wave however. Xin Zhao is a melee with a gap closer.