Quote Originally Posted by WowAydin View Post
    Just bought twitch last night, early game he SUCKS and i mean sucks no early game kills for you.

You're playing him wrong. I have a friend who plays twitch, and usually has 3 or more kills in the first few minutes of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    I still don't know what to do as a "jungler". I am very new still, been playing...3 weeks? I just found out what a leash was like 4 days ago lol.

I understand the red/blue buffs, but do they just level on mobs in the jungle and then use those levels + buffs to gank half dead opponents in lanes?

I have heard Soraka was quite dangerous though, I will try her next.
    Basically, yea. By farming the neutral creeps, you create an extra source of XP and gold income as well as create 3v2 or 2v1 situations which will hopefully help your laning buddies.

There's several guides out there, but most appear to be out of date. Try this one. It has been updated recently and at first glance looked pretty good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    You're playing him wrong. I have a friend who plays twitch, and usually has 3 or more kills in the first few minutes of the game.
    Then your friend plays against people who don't buy a vision ward / push lanes when there is a Twitch in the enemy team. I've got SO many FB on Twitch because he didn't expect to be seen. Counter to Twitch is not being an idiot.

Twitch is just your regular pub stomper hero. Because most pugs can't be bothered with normal wards, less say invis wards and oracles unless its late game, so Twitch will have snowballed hard by then.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 02:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    He used to be more of a hybrid than he is now. Atmogs works, but don't think TF is the way to go really. Personally I liked his old incarnation better, but that's me. He's still pretty darn solid especially about 15 minutes in with some farm.

As to Poppy, she's really an acquired taste. Very hard to farm with, which is on purpose as she's insanely dangerous when fed. If nothing else, she's an awesome pick for Dominion but does require a bit of help/luck in SR with regards to team/match up.
    So how should i be building Jax then? Will appreciate input on him. And i think i'm also getting Pantheon just so i can feel like a Spartan. Hahaha.

Deleted
    @Kenai
    Try out Heimerdinger. With his turrets, you have to lure ppl into them, so you have to play a bit defensive.

Deleted
    CassiOPea , really fun and underestimated champion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s3ki View Post
    @Kenai
    Try out Heimerdinger. With his turrets, you have to lure ppl into them, so you have to play a bit defensive.
    I don't know why you would ever recommend Heimerdinger to anyone. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Selidor View Post
    CassiOPea , really fun and underestimated champion
    Cassiopeia is far from underestimated. Shes one of the best, if not the best mid champion.(Of course, everything has its counter so technicly theres no 'best' mid)
    Reason you probably dont see her alot when leveling up / low elo, is because shes actually really hard to play for people not used to smartcasting.

Like, when I first started this game, I tried out lee sin. I absolutely hated him, way to hard to play so I refunded him. Of course, I hadnt hit a skill shot in my life, but now, 2 months later and smartcasting for 2 months, I bought him when he was on sale. Hes a breeze and so much fun now.

Deleted
    Riven or Blitzcrank solo top ?

Quote Originally Posted by RiotAndIP View Post
    Riven or Blitzcrank solo top ?
    Riven definitely. Imo Putting Blitz as a solo top is quite a waste, cause he doesn't really need all that much CS and he's better with a partner which makes me very dangerous when he's in the bush.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 06:00 AM ----------

Guys, is there any hero similar to Gangplank? I bought his spooky gangplank skin and would like to know of others who are similar in playstyle to gankplank. I tired Pantheon but i'm just not very good with him.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post

Guys, is there any hero similar to Gangplank? I bought his spooky gangplank skin and would like to know of others who are similar in playstyle to gankplank. I tired Pantheon but i'm just not very good with him.
    I'd guess Malphite comes the closest to GP, also able to top and jungle, pretty tanky, has a ranged Q with a slow aswell and a pretty good ult for teamfights/initiation.

Deleted
    So should i buy Cassiopeia, or Viktor? :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    personally i would buy viktor.
    more durable and versatile. but less maximum damage potential.
    both of them require "above-average" skill to be played properly.

edit: cass gets totally pwned by almost all offtank champs(hate you garen^^), especially without rylais, whilst viktor has his shield and the field to defend himself until ya allies can react
    so maybe to add this: cass needs better teamwork than viktor
    Last edited by mmocd5f6a5c456; 2012-04-13 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    Cass. Although viktor after his small buff ain't that bad, you can actually do wonders with cass.

Deleted
    planning to buy LeeSin, Maokai and Shyvanna with the next ~18k ip.
    obviously for jungling and/or solo top.

so after having played them all when it was possible,
    what would you recommend getting first?
    (im usually playing somewhat aggressive, signing up solo)

Deleted
    I really like Shyvanna, and she is awesomem but she lacks CC so she need the probber setup to work, but i guess you know that. But Shyvanna is my personal favorite!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    planning to buy LeeSin, Maokai and Shyvanna with the next ~18k ip.
    obviously for jungling and/or solo top.

so after having played them all when it was possible,
    what would you recommend getting first?
    (im usually playing somewhat aggressive, signing up solo)
    Lee Sin is considered to be stronger than Shyvana top. Maokai is very rarely played top, but I'm pretty sure he'd be below both Shyvana and Lee Sin.

All three of them have very different jungle styles, so it's hard to compare them there. Maokai is great for ganks, Shyvana is great for farming and Lee Sin is somewhere between the two, but he's more difficult to play well. I personally don't like Maokai since he drops off quite steeply late game. Lee Sin is great if you can play him, not so great if you can't. Shyvana is the "safer" choice since she can simply farm/counterjungle so effectively she doesn't need to gamble on ganks.

So with this riven sale I was looking into buying her. Im just worried about her matchups, how well does she fare against the meta?

Deleted
    oh well k. so most likely getting shyvana first.

riven is a pretty powerful champ and quite versatile.
    with some cd reduction you can almost spam her abilities.
    afaik she is considered one of the very good solo top champs, quite worth it to buy her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Retror View Post
    So with this riven sale I was looking into buying her. Im just worried about her matchups, how well does she fare against the meta?
    She's good and can snowball well, but she's not the unstoppable force she used to be. She's a good match for most bruisers, the only real counter you will run into often is Teemo.

I suspect that there's another nerf in store for her, but I am likely to be wrong.