10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    You've left things pretty open by saying that you enjoy every role.
    Yeah...sorta thought that after I posted. Should really try to find one role to "main" in and stick with it.

I wouldn't wait for Lux to be F2P if I were you. I've never seen her F2P since I started playing in October. I'm pretty subpar with skillshots so I'm not a huge fan of Lux's playstyle, but if you can make skillshots work then she's definitely worth a try. I mostly bought her because she's a reference to a character from Touhou, to be honest, although I don't regret it.
    For the most part I'm decent with skillshots. I'll probably hold out until tuesday for one last rotation, if she's not in it then I'll buy her.

It's a shame that Heimerdinger is considered "useless". He was my favorite champion when I started LoL. Sucked when they removed his 3rd turret. I still find him fun, but he feels very lacking.

Get good with Blitz and you'll be one of the best champs

Deleted
    They don't "hardcounter" Riven, or just about every team comp would "hardcounter" her. LoL really isn't a game of hard counters.

The thing with the snares is that it prevents both her Q and her E, which both have a full movement animation. I'm just saying if you have a team with snares (morgana for example), you can shut down her damage output immediately. Most rivens won't survive a burst especially when they can't use their 400 hp shield (hence the snare).

And is it just me or do ppl just wanna play tankriven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    It's a shame that Heimerdinger is considered "useless". He was my favorite champion when I started LoL. Sucked when they removed his 3rd turret. I still find him fun, but he feels very lacking.
    He's not bad. He's just extremely situational. He tends to push lanes by design, is squishy and has not much in the way of escapes. He farms like a boss though and has a completely unique ability in all of LoL.

Deleted
    He's a bad champion. There's a reason you never see him except in troll games. I might put him slightly above Eve tier, but he's firmly Xin tier of worthless.
    He's a bad champion in your hands. Explain me, how Xin is worthless? Ill do it for you!

He has super low sustain in jungle with his passive, as its worthless! Than, he comes to lane, charges and slows with one skill, but that's not good enough as its worthless. (Red buff procs in meantime!) Now its time for worthless knock up. And that's on lvl 2 which is, worthless.
    Than he goes back to jungle, as he didn't menage to gank, because, hes worthless.

Then comes late game when he "falls off". He can't charge and knock up carry anymore, he can't do 15% of max hp(reduced by MR) and gain crazy amount of defensive stats for 6 seconds (25+number of champions hited*13). Hes just plain worthless!
    Its not that he has almost identical ganking tools as Maokai, and hes "god tier".

I get it now, I wont play him ever again, and I advise to all of you, never again play him!

And you "might" put him slightly above Eve tier? lol
    You are one of those sheep that just follow. There are no "bad" champions. Only bad players that make them look bad.

@Duilliath
    Good description, but he can use his turret to ward one side, and real ward to ward the other. And when melee is closing on you, you can predict movement and possibly stun them or blind them, if they try to avoid, they will loose time on it and you will be under tower.
    How many other ap mids have escape mechanism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a few actually, or another way round it.

Ryze has his snare. So does Morgana. LeBlanc and Kassadin have their blink, so does Ahri once she hits level 6. Anivea has her wall and egg. Cassiopeia has increased movement speed, a slow and a stun/slow. Brand and Annie have (not-so-reliable in terms of being available) stuns.

--

As to Xin: he's not worthless in the sense that he can't do anything. It's quite simply that he's outclassed in his job by a lot of other champions. There's better candidates for top lane, there's better candidates for jungle. They clear faster, have better sustain or ganks or simply do not fall off late game. That doesn't make Xin bad, that makes other champions better.

Note that Xin Zhao is actually getting a remake (as mentioned by Solcrushed a few days ago).
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-04-15 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s3ki View Post
    He's a bad champion in your hands. Explain me, how Xin is worthless? Ill do it for you!

He has super low sustain in jungle with his passive, as its worthless! Than, he comes to lane, charges and slows with one skill, but that's not good enough as its worthless. (Red buff procs in meantime!) Now its time for worthless knock up. And that's on lvl 2 which is, worthless.
    Than he goes back to jungle, as he didn't menage to gank, because, hes worthless.

Then comes late game when he "falls off". He can't charge and knock up carry anymore, he can't do 15% of max hp(reduced by MR) and gain crazy amount of defensive stats for 6 seconds (25+number of champions hited*13). Hes just plain worthless!
    Its not that he has almost identical ganking tools as Maokai, and hes "god tier".

I get it now, I wont play him ever again, and I advise to all of you, never again play him!

And you "might" put him slightly above Eve tier? lol
    You are one of those sheep that just follow. There are no "bad" champions. Only bad players that make them look bad.

@Duilliath
    Good description, but he can use his turret to ward one side, and real ward to ward the other. And when melee is closing on you, you can predict movement and possibly stun them or blind them, if they try to avoid, they will loose time on it and you will be under tower.
    How many other ap mids have escape mechanism?
    His jungle clear time is slow and he is like Pantheon in the fact he relies on ganks primarily, which is never really a good choice. He has the problem of not being able to go true bruiser since he has to pick either Tanky or Damage, he can't really pull of both at the same time. Why pick Xin Zhao when I can pick one of the other 10 better top lane/jungle options? Riot nerfed him solely because of his low ELO stomping abilities, a mistake they have admitted and are helping by giving him a few buffs soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Quite a few actually, or another way round it.

Ryze has his snare. So does Morgana. LeBlanc and Kassadin have their blink, so does Ahri once she hits level 6. Anivea has her wall and egg. Cassiopeia has increased movement speed, a slow and a stun/slow. Brand and Annie have (not-so-reliable in terms of being available) stuns.

--

As to Xin: he's not worthless in the sense that he can't do anything. It's quite simply that he's outclassed in his job by a lot of other champions. There's better candidates for top lane, there's better candidates for jungle. They clear faster, have better sustain or ganks or simply do not fall off late game. That doesn't make Xin bad, that makes other champions better.

Note that Xin Zhao is actually getting a remake (as mentioned by Solcrushed a few days ago).
    I like your way of expressing, especially underlined part.
    Except Leblanc and Kassadin, with pure flash skills, Heimerdinger has pretty much same "escape" skills as other ap mid?

Looking for another top lane/jungler. I have been playing mostly top lane right now, as I'm not yet lvl20 to have all my runes in place. I currently own Gangplank for this role, and have done well with him (and was considering XinZhou until I read this thread lol). Nocturn looks like an option for me, but is pretty pricey so I'm hesitant to buy him without testing. Fiddlesticks looks like a good jungler and is on sale, but can he do any other jobs effectively (especially important b/c I don't think I'm high enough level to jungle)?

Heros I definitely don't like: Ahri. I enjoy skillshots (Morgana is my defacto mid), but for some reason not a big fan of her. I like to be able to widdle away at people, and then get the kill myself. Don't really like just darting in and finishing people off (which is what she kinda feels like when I've played her).

Thanks!

shyvana udyr leesin. all good top and junfles

What about a tank to start tanking and one to look forward to master afterwards?

singed is always good. tanks are kinda falling by the way side. with a beefy jungle and a bruiser top you dont really need a full fledged tank

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys who should I buy Ziggs or Viktor for mage pusher?
    I have tried Ziggs and liked his playstyle. But I have watched vids on Viktor and he looks good to.
    Help me decide and thx in advance.

I would go with Ziggs, personally. He's just plain fun, and you can nuke people from afar with his ulti. Although Viktor's slow/stun is mighty awesome in team fights.

Deleted
    I would go with Ziggs, personally. He's just plain fun, and you can nuke people from afar with his ulti. Although Viktor's slow/stun is mighty awesome in team fights.
    I think that Viktor is really underrated, but Ziggs is even better. The only downside to Ziggs is that he's a real glass cannon, Viktor can be fairly tanky.

I think that Viktor is really underrated, but Ziggs is even better. The only downside to Ziggs is that he's a real glass cannon, Viktor can be fairly tanky.
    Yes, indeed. If anything, Viktor is somewhat better in defense. And I'm not sure about Viktor, but if one is not good at aiming things, it's gonna be hard to land those bombs from Ziggs.

Deleted
    Yes, indeed. If anything, Viktor is somewhat better in defense. And I'm not sure about Viktor, but if one is not good at aiming things, it's gonna be hard to land those bombs from Ziggs.
    Ziggs' bomb is easy to land as far as skillshots go. Viktor's E (death ray) requires far more skill, as does the positioning of his W (gravity field) and even your own positioning during your ult, as the storm only moves at a decent rate if you're quite close to it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking either Cassiopeia or Xerath. I thought about waiting to see what the free champs were, but I'm pretty impatient. Any thoughts on one over the other?

Xerath is... different. He's naturally tanky against AD carries and his W can take some getting used to. He isn't used much, Cass is a much more popular pick, but I've never played her.