Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siltah View Post
    I prefer Vlad, just for his greater sustainability with his Q and escape with his W.
    Have you ever ghosted at 3 enemy champions and used it just as they throw their CC and slipped under them to safety? Such a satisfying feeling.

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Stuck between Swain and Malzahar...
    Swaim, malzahar's ultimate is really unreliable when there's more than 1 opponent involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Swaim, malzahar's ultimate is really unreliable when there's more than 1 opponent involved.
    Unreliable? But you're making it seem like Swain's isn't? Malz is much better than Swain in every way imo. Can farm better, can harass better and helps your team more. Swain has a snare that can easily be dodged and some very good sustain post-6. Malz has a silence and suppression that pays dividends the entire match.
    My First Self-Built PC ^.^
    MB: Gigabyte Z68 || MEM: 4Gx2 G. Skill || CPU: Intel Core I5 2500k || PSU: Corsair 750W
    Video: GeForce GTX 560 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB || OS: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton68Zeppelin View Post
    Unreliable? But you're making it seem like Swain's isn't? Malz is much better than Swain in every way imo. Can farm better, can harass better and helps your team more. Swain has a snare that can easily be dodged and some very good sustain post-6. Malz has a silence and suppression that pays dividends the entire match.
    Malz his ulti is countered by a single, relative cheap item though. A tanky Swain on the other hand is one of the most underrated AP's in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Stuck between Swain and Malzahar...
    Both, because they are both ridiculously fun and awesome AP Mids. If you must pick, grab Swain. Tanky Swain still deals tons of damage and he can be played top lane when necessary. He also isn't countered by a single and fairly cheap item.

Deleted
    How can he harass better? malzahar has an aoe that can be dodged even more easily, swain also has slow effect on his Q with a good range. And what makes swain ultimate unreliable?

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    How can he harass better? malzahar has an aoe that can be dodged even more easily, swain also has slow effect on his Q with a good range. And what makes swain ultimate unreliable?
    His dot does good damage and his silence provide better harass than any of Swain's abilities. Swain's snare is easy to dodge and his Q is one of the weaker slows in the game. I meant to say Swain's cc was unreliable, not his ult. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Both, because they are both ridiculously fun and awesome AP Mids. If you must pick, grab Swain. Tanky Swain still deals tons of damage and he can be played top lane when necessary. He also isn't countered by a single and fairly cheap item.
    You're right he isn't counter picked by a single, fairly cheap item. He's counter picked by Evil Tome and Executioners Calling, as well as Ignite which the majority of AP's run with.
    My First Self-Built PC ^.^
    MB: Gigabyte Z68 || MEM: 4Gx2 G. Skill || CPU: Intel Core I5 2500k || PSU: Corsair 750W
    Video: GeForce GTX 560 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB || OS: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Both are nice carries, I like the idea of a hybrid carry for more ap damage late game as people tend to focus around armor and neglect magic resist. Get either one although kog I would imagine has the steeper learning curve.

Deleted
    His dot does good damage and his silence provide better harass than any of Swain's abilities. Swain's snare is easy to dodge and his Q is one of the weaker slows in the game. I meant to say Swain's cc was unreliable, not his ult. Sorry.

You can dodge his silence easily, it's a very low range for such a long time to activate. Also swain can use his Q E to harass where malzahar can use one crappy dot. Not sure if malzahar can even throw that DOT from same range. the root is really easy to land after you use Q anyway.

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 11:22 AM ----------

You're right he isn't counter picked by a single, fairly cheap item. He's counter picked by Evil Tome and Executioners Calling, as well as Ignite which the majority of AP's run with.
    He isn't counterpicked by evil tome and executioners calling and ignite, only if you fail to realize that they have it and overestimate your on capabilities. The damage on the ultimate doesn't go anywhere and the heal is still formidable.

EDIT: And honestly, if you can't land nevermove, you shouldn't be playing Swain at all.
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2012-07-08 at 11:39 AM.

Swain's the better option by far.

Deleted
    thinking about getting an ad carry (ranged) but dont know if tristana, corki or rumble (never played one of them) owing ashe but although i love her range i dont like squishieness. thought about another champ too something like singed or tryndamere or riven. (already own some ap'ers (mid laner) aswell as kog and shyv but used to prefer some with mobility or stun, think i am quite spoilt from playing mostly poppy (love her for the nice late game damage, her mobility and quite tankiness ) (from all mentioned above i only played riven some games, but only @ bots games during my beginning of lol)

or do you know another champ with some mobility or stun thats quite tanky?

(and ofc sorry for my bad english)

10+ Year Old Account
    Tristana is free if you follow Riot on Facebook (check the official site).

Just so you know, Rumble isn't an AD carry, he's a bruiser, who typically go top lane. He's very fun though, and unique because he's an ability power-based melee champion.

But like Duilliath said, get Tristana for free on their Facebook page. You might not like her, but she is a very good AD carry anyhow.

Oh, and I don't think there are that many "mobile tanks". But Alistar might be good for you, whom you can also get for free through their YouTube page.

Deleted
    there are still some people outside who dont want to be read like a open book (and thats the other thing, both emails from fb and lol have to be the same (i read) so there is no way :> )

Deleted
    Doubting between Ahri and Vlad Ahri due to high skillcap, Vlad due to his carry abilities lategame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Doubting between Ahri and Vlad Ahri due to high skillcap, Vlad due to his carry abilities lategame.
    Ahri is one of the most fun champions in the game in my opinion so i would take her.

Ok, now Trundle or Yorick. Eating me up inside.

Yorick. Must stronger in lane, can just joke on people in lane the entire phase and hard counters most people. Getting buffed apparently too to make him scale into late game which means EVERYONE should be learning how to play Chogath and well, Trundle, to deal with him. Trundle has fallen out of play in Jungle recently. He can counter Yorick top I've heard (haven't seen) but otherwise I'm generally not impressed by the champion.

Quote Originally Posted by TFTCDave View Post
    Yorick. Must stronger in lane, can just joke on people in lane the entire phase and hard counters most people. Getting buffed apparently too to make him scale into late game which means EVERYONE should be learning how to play Chogath and well, Trundle, to deal with him. Trundle has fallen out of play in Jungle recently. He can counter Yorick top I've heard (haven't seen) but otherwise I'm generally not impressed by the champion.
    How you know Yorick's getting buffed? I hope it's true...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yorick is great, different builds and different ways to harass. Can dominate top or bottom.
    I build him high AD and a Phantom Dancer, so with his Q active I zoom around from creep camp to creep camp to keep the Q up and moving around to help the team.

Life steal, a slow, bonus movespeed, and an ulti which allows for an extra 10seconds of damage to be put out by your carry if they die. So good!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Both. If I -had- to chose, I'd say Trundle due to him being a solid solo top as well as jungler. Time to troll!

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 01:25 AM ----------

So...

Here's my current list. See any obvious gaps I should fill? If not I'll probably hold out for Morello's new champion. That or buy me some more runes.

Ahri Fiora Kayle Poppy Tristana Ziggs
    Alistar Fizz Kennen Riven Trundle
    Amumu Gragas Malphite Ryze Twisted Fate
    Blitzcrank Hecarim Morgana Sejuani Twitch
    Cassiopeia Jax Nocturne Shaco Varus
    Ezreal Nunu Shyvana Vayne
    Sion Warwick
    Sivir Yorick
    Skarner
    Swain