Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    Can anyone that has experience with renekton give me some info about him? Was thinking about buying him for a while now and I think it's time.
    Renekton is a big bad bully... Not caring much about being 1v2 or 1v3 for that matter....
    But be aware that untill the point of where you get good at him you might just do bad and get a bit frustrated, so be patient if you buy him.. He has great sustain good stun, a nice ult and feels good, a great solo top, but any other role does not fit him...

If that sounds like something you like be sure to pick him up...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    Renekton is a big bad bully... Not caring much about being 1v2 or 1v3 for that matter....
    But be aware that untill the point of where you get good at him you might just do bad and get a bit frustrated, so be patient if you buy him.. He has great sustain good stun, a nice ult and feels good, a great solo top, but any other role does not fit him...

Thanks... think I'll give him a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post

He's also doesn't scale well late into the game, so you have to take advantage of his early game and be aggressive early.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Oh, woe on your team if you ever feed the enemy Renekton. A fed Renekton hurts. A LOT.

Renekton doesn't fall off as much really. A Last Whisper fixes his scaling problem. Of course you'll still be melted by a 6item AD but in teamfights your W and Q should do more than enough damage to win 'em.

Renekton's early is super strong, really useful in soloqueue because most matches end up in who snowballs first, especially at top lane.

Quote Originally Posted by barkong View Post
    Still kinda new, started 2 or so months ago, currently level 22. Finally decided that i wanna focus on casters so i started buying caster runes. So anyways, Ezreal is going on sale soon and i've been thinking of spending the money to buy him. I tried him before but that was when i was still new and completely failed at playing him, i'm more more aware of how skillshots work now so is it worth spending the cash to buy him? Im really trying to avoid spending real money in this game, but ezreal seems like a beastly ap champion. So far I only have annie and ryze as ap champions since they are 450, probably gonna spend the ip to get veigar, having a blast with him this rotation. I love annie but she definetly has her flaws and some variety would be nice. Also any other suggestions on what ap champions to maybe shoot for? After i finish up my ap champ runes, i can probably buy 2 3150 champions or 1 6300 ip champions to build more variety.
    Ezreal is mostly preferred as AD, because when you go AP, if you miss a W or your ulti, you re pretty much done for.

Now for other AP carries...if you can handle assassins, go Kassadin or Akali. Akali is really fun (kassadin the same) but imo you should choose Kassadin over the two. He can snowball REALLY HARD at lvl 6 if he has blue and once he gets 2-3 items, he's unstoppable. You will LITERALLY 3 shot the enemy AP and AD carry.

Plus you cant be ganked! Dat ulti mon. Dat ulti ! He's really worth a try!

Current meta isnt in favor of assassins though so i would advice you to try Karthus (even though i didnt like him), Brand (people say he isnt viable, maybe its right, but he is really fun and a real BEAST if he gets a bit fed) and Cassiopeia! Cassiopeia is a God tier mid bully. You will love her...

Gragas is somewhere there too but a bad gragas ulti can make you lose matches :P
    Last edited by Infernous; 2012-08-21 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernous View Post
    Current meta isnt in favor of assassins though so i would advice you to try Karthus (even though i didnt like him), Brand (people say he isnt viable, maybe its right, but he is really fun and a real BEAST if he gets a bit fed) and Cassiopeia! Cassiopeia is a God tier mid bully. You will love her...
    I definetly would buy brand if he goes on sale, tried him out when he was free, hes like annie but better. Tried out zyra a few more times, i started to understand how shes considered overpowered, wish i realized it sooner so i would have tried her out more when she was free but ah well, i hope she goes on sale but probably not, shes still new. Currently playing with diana as much as i can, by god, shes broken went 30/0 on my first game with her and i had no idea what i was doing half the time.

Finally broke down and bought ez, but damn, i feel like i wasted my money, he seems to suck at killing packs of minions due to a lack of aoe, not to mention one of his abilities dont even hit minions, which is good and bad i guess, makes it harder for people to use minions to block your skillshot but still, killing minions late game is such a pain. But i guess thats why hes a hard champion to master.

What other champions are like annie/veigar, that seems the be the playstyle i enjoy the most.

Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    Can anyone that has experience with renekton give me some info about him? Was thinking about buying him for a while now and I think it's time.

And what would you suggest for solo queue: renekton or darius? (I noticed darius gets banned almost every game tho)
    Had a Renekton on my team earlier today and he got 5 quick kills and snowballed hard! I was literally sitting back and watching him 1v4 the other team. It was really impressive and that player obviously knew his/her stuff.

Don't buy Darius. There are so many bad Darius' and when someone insta locks in on my team I know it's going to be painful.

Imo I'd choose Renekton over Darius or you could always be a boss a roll Brolaf

Deleted
    The real reason that AP ezreal is not viable (besides it being inferior to AD in every way) he gets outpushed in mid lane too hard. Doesn´t matter if you are 5/0, if your lane opponent just pushes the wave you won´t be able to do shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barkong View Post
    I tried zyra this rotation and didnt really understand how that champion works, so i just failed hard, All the zyras i faced this week didnt know how to player her either, so i couldnt pick up any tricks with her which is how i usually learn champions when i see them in action. karthus is ok but i didnt do that amazing with him when he was the free champion, definetly buying veigar, hes a lot of fun but suffers from the same weaknesses like annie does so i'm looking for another option.
    Suffers from weaknesses?
    Annie has a weakness?

What are you, insane! O.o

Annie and Veiger are l33t.
    If you don't kill them in a spell combo, and you die, then you aren't kiting them well enough, or you didn't get a good farm.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most mages at the very least all have various weaknesses. It's the 'class' they got down the best.

was going to buy draven and his skin, but alot of people are telling me that he isn't really that good. any tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    My situation:

I've never played LoL (or any other Moba's, except for a few games of demigod) before 2 days ago.

I wasn't really interested in playing it, but a friend of mine asked me to join his LoL team for a small casual tournament in october since they're 1 member short.

Apparently they need a jungler/top lane.

So I'm planning on buying at least 2 champs.

First I want a decent champion to learn the game and level up asap.

Second I'ld like to know what junglers people here like, and why.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2012-08-22 at 09:26 AM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

So how about that Rengar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    My situation:

I've never played LoL (or any other Moba's, except for a few games of demigod) before 2 days ago.

I wasn't really interested in playing it, but a friend of mine asked me to join his LoL team for a small casual tournament in october since they're 1 member short.

Thanks in advance
    A decent champion to learn the game and level up? Might need a bit more info from you so we can pick a champ more tailored to you.

As for junglers, there are 2 types. Carry and Support. Carry jungles like Nocturne and Shyvana get gold and farm to be a semi-carry. Support junglers like Maokai and Alistar focus on getting their lanes fed and move into a team oriented support role. Personally I prefer carry junglers, Nocturne is my main pick if I have to jungle. Good clear time, good duelist, great ganks before 6 and fantastic ganks after 6. Due to Duskbringer and Passive you can build him relatively tanky while still outputting respectable damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    A decent champion to learn the game and level up? Might need a bit more info from you so we can pick a champ more tailored to you.

As for junglers, there are 2 types. Carry and Support. Carry jungles like Nocturne and Shyvana get gold and farm to be a semi-carry. Support junglers like Maokai and Alistar focus on getting their lanes fed and move into a team oriented support role. Personally I prefer carry junglers, Nocturne is my main pick if I have to jungle. Good clear time, good duelist, great ganks before 6 and fantastic ganks after 6. Due to Duskbringer and Passive you can build him relatively tanky while still outputting respectable damage.
    Thanks for the info

Since I'm new to moba's in general, I'ld prefer a hero that's relatively easy to get into. I assume ranged is better to prevent feeding opponents when you're still new to the game, since you don't have to go all in their face.

I was thinking Sivir or Ryze atm.
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2012-08-22 at 10:11 AM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Thanks for the info

Since I'm new to moba's in general, I'ld prefer a hero that's relatively easy to get into. I assume ranged is better to prevent feeding opponents when you're still new to the game, since you don't have to go all in their face.

I was thinking Sivir or Ryze atm.
    Ryze is pretty nice, but he is usually mid, he can be solo top aswell though i guess, but not jungle... You can't jungle as sivir either she is simply too squishy with not enough sustain... She is an AD carry suited for bot lane in fact if you follow the meta...

But really you don't need to follow the meta before lvl 30..

But Ryze is nice indeed and it can be fun to block all kinds of things with Sivir shield...

10+ Year Old Account
    My situation:

Thanks in advance
    To start with: Will you have your own accounts in that tourney? Or specific tourney accounts? Because if it's your own, you will need to spend some real life money, most likely. Both to hit level 30 and be able to afford both champions and runes.

Fortunately for you, there's quite a bit of overlap in champions that can go both top lane and jungle. The following advice will be a bit generic, as we do not know what team composition your group likes to run with.

I would advise waiting with jungling until you get lvl 10 at least. That way you will have some of the necessary masteries. By then you can pick up a few of the champions to learn what to do.

A very nice starting jungler is Nunu. He will teach you how to counter jungle and is very doable at lower levels due to his innate sustain. As an added bonus, he can go top lane (though it is an uncommon pick there) to shut down a few popular choices. Furthermore, he can be placed anywhere so it is very hard to counterpick him. As an added bonus, he is extremely cheap.

A good ganking jungler is Alistar. He is free from following Riot on Youtube. He has very potent ganks at early levels, but does fall behind if he does not get the kills.

Both Shen and Malphite can take top or jungle. Both are tanky junglers. Unfortunately, either is fairly likely to get banned. Lee Sin is trickier, great at ganking, but also fairly likely to be banned.

More likely candidates are Shyvana (great at farming and very easy to play), Olaf and Jax. The latter two can snowball out of control with some farm. They are also quite a bit cheaper than Shyvana.

Lastly, I'd suggest Kayle. She can go top lane and shut down a few of the stronger champions hard there. (Such as Darius.) She can jungle fairly well too. If you can get some items on her, you are effectively creating a second AD carry.

//edit: Actually, I am going to add one more champion: Udyr. He's a situational pick, in that he can get kited till hell freezes over and is fairly mana dependent... however, against some team compositions he is a very good pick. Additionally, he is exceptionally strong against some typical top lane bullies, which makes him a viable purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by preposterous View Post
    was going to buy draven and his skin, but alot of people are telling me that he isn't really that good. any tips?
    He's pretty good, especially early game. Combined with a Janna, he makes for a *lot* of harass. Later game, his mini game actually causes him to lose damage. Time spent walking is time spent not auto attacking. That doesn't mean he completely falls off, but it is something to keep in mind. I personally think he's in a pretty good spot, compared to most of the AD carries.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-08-22 at 10:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    ~Snip~
    Thanks a lot for the info. I was not planning on jungling until I got some decent runes/masteries

Will be using my own account, but I don't mind spending some cash on it, so that shouldn't be a problem. I can get very dedicated to a game if need be, and LoL is a game which requires some dedication to say the least.

I think NuNu is free this week so I'll probably start with him, and maybe buy him with IP, since he's super cheap indeed.
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2012-08-22 at 12:05 PM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to spam some games, it's probably a good idea to buy an IP-boost that lasts a couple days.

Especially since runes are IP only and a few good pages will set you back ~20k IP.