i rly wanna buy vayne but it seems like id just be better off with corki and graves in ranked games

Quote Originally Posted by warrenswag View Post
    i rly wanna buy vayne but it seems like id just be better off with corki and graves in ranked games
    Corki and Graves (along with Ezreal) are the best and most popular AD carries in ranked (note what's common among all these carries). Vayne needs a smart support. The HERP DERP I HIT YOU support mentality doesn't work. You need to play very strategically if you have Vayne or Kogmaw on your side, most people don't realize this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    pay2win

10 characters

~ Infracted, don't troll.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-08-22 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vayne is still good. She's just a higher risk/reward champ than Graves. I don't much like her after the last nerfs, but that doesn't take away from the fact that she still has scary burst early on and can melt everything late game.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    pay2win

10 characters
    Congrats. This is in all likelihood the single most dumbest comment I've seen today. As Riot only sells 'time' or 'looks' for real life money, you just made yourself look like a fool.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-08-22 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenswag View Post
    Generally. Her laning is weak and she require the most micro and positioning of all AD carries, but she has fantastic damage and is the best late game carry. When it comes to "late-late" though (IE, full items), Trist wins simply due to range.

How good is tristana compared to the other strong ad carries? I played her a few times, since she free after all, but i sort of regret not buying corki when he was on sale. Definetly had fun playing him when he was free. Trying to pick up and master a strong ad carry except ez, i suck horribly with him.

Quote Originally Posted by barkong View Post
    How good is tristana compared to the other strong ad carries? I played her a few times, since she free after all, but i sort of regret not buying corki when he was on sale. Definetly had fun playing him when he was free. Trying to pick up and master a strong ad carry except ez, i suck horribly with him.
    I love Tristana, and that's after playing as all of the carries at some point. I think she's a little better at poking thank Corki but he brings a little more in the way of abilities than Tristana. I think Graves MIGHT go a little closer in play style to Ez, in that he feels opposite, with him doing best with a shotgun to the face.

I have a silly amount of mages, but love Ahri, she worth a pick up? Annie and Malz are my best mages, but I'd like to know if she stacks up as a viable pvp pick.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    (...)she require the most micro and positioning of all AD carries(...)
    Draven can't help but disagree with this statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I have a silly amount of mages, but love Ahri, she worth a pick up? Annie and Malz are my best mages, but I'd like to know if she stacks up as a viable pvp pick.
    Ahri's awesome, top tier pick. Plays quite a bit different from Malz/Annie though.

if you're good at aiming skill shots, go for it.

if not, stick to Malzahar imo.

you really REALLY need to hit with her E to be most effective with her, it can make or break some fights just for the sheer fact you could hit their AD carry, get them in the middle of a fight and have their team burst them down.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2012-08-23 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    if you're good at aiming skill shots, go for it.

if not, stick to Malzahar imo.

you really REALLY need to hit with her E to be most effective with her, it can make or break some fights just for the sheer fact you could hit their AD carry, get them in the middle of a fight and have their team burst them down.
    I can hit with her E. Probably gives me a reliable mid that isn't Malz, as I end up pushing to hard with him right around 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahri is a solid pick that anyone should have if they play AP mid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Draven can't help but disagree with this statement.
    Ahri's awesome, top tier pick. Plays quite a bit different from Malz/Annie though.
    True. But Draven sucks dick at everything besides laning, so I tend to forget he exists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    True. But Draven sucks dick at everything besides laning, so I tend to forget he exists.
    Ain't gonna argue with that, just wanted to clarify for the sake of being a nitpicker.

She is very good early on and very good late game. Mid game she falls off a little. You counter this by going aggressive early on and getting kills, so you can transition into mid game faster and hence transition into late game faster. Mid game you farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, and more farm. It's easy to farm as her, so it's not a problem.

Level your Q as fast as possible (don't forget to take a point in jump and 2 points in E for escape and amazing lane harass). Counter mid game deficiencies by getting both buffs if possible. Stay behind your tanks in team fights and use jump to escape if enemy tries to close in on you. She is a very safe AD carry. You have two builtin escapes (ulti can be used to escape).

Overall, she is very fun and perfect for solo que. People might love their Graves and Corkis and Ezs for solo que, but Tristana is as safe a pick as them if not more.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 05:48 AM ----------

Ahri is the 7th most banned champion in the past three months. She is incredibly amazing when in the right hands. One of the must have AP mids if you play mid a lot. Very high skill cap as well. So you are not going to get bored playing her for a long long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think? Should I save up for Leona or buy Galio? I love the tankish kind of characters but I am wondering if anyone can help.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Hi guys! Should i buy Pantheon with IP and buy the full metal skin that is on sale while i'm at it or save IP or just spend the RP buying Draven? I do play mostly AD carry, but i have quite a few already and no real top champ; The RP was a gift so i don't mind "wasting" it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Akhorahil View Post
    Hi guys! Should i buy Pantheon with IP and buy the full metal skin that is on sale while i'm at it or save IP or just spend the RP buying Draven? I do play mostly AD carry, but i have quite a few already and no real top champ; The RP was a gift so i don't mind "wasting" it xD
    There's some hate against Draven over here I think. =P I don't have either, but I know a few people that REALLY enjoy Pantheon, and he's a beast once you get the hang of him.

Oh hate? I didn't knew that D: a hate because he's so awesome or the other way around? hehe xP

Quote Originally Posted by Akhorahil View Post
    Oh hate? I didn't knew that D: a hate because he's so awesome or the other way around? hehe xP
    Yes. =P I prefer Pantheon though, as a good one will wreck your day, whereas I haven't lost a lane to Draven yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's put it this way: you can buy attack speed. You can buy damage. You can not buy range.

She is the single scariest carry late game. She has a unique power curve though: strong early game (lvl 2/3 and then 6 again) and then falls off in mid game due to the transition from AP to AD. She goes full on beast mode again once she starts reaching end game build.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    She is very good early on and very good late game. Mid game she falls off a little. You counter this by going aggressive early on and getting kills, so you can transition into mid game faster and hence transition into late game faster. Mid game you farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, and more farm. It's easy to farm as her, so it's not a problem.

Level your Q as fast as possible (don't forget to take a point in jump and 2 points in E for escape and amazing lane harass). Counter mid game deficiencies by getting both buffs if possible. Stay behind your tanks in team fights and use jump to escape if enemy tries to close in on you. She is a very safe AD carry. You have two builtin escapes (ulti can be used to escape).

Overall, she is very fun and perfect for solo que. People might love their Graves and Corkis and Ezs for solo que, but Tristana is as safe a pick as them if not more.
    Level Q as fast as possible? Why the hell would you want to do that? I don't touch it until level 8/9 (depending on tower pushing/items).

It costs a crapton of mana and with the piddly AD+AS you have the additional AS does bugger all.