Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Level Q as fast as possible? Why the hell would you want to do that? I don't touch it until level 8/9 (depending on tower pushing/items).

It costs a crapton of mana and with the piddly AD+AS you have the additional AS does bugger all.
    I like attacking faster :P don't use in lane phase though, just level it. The jump and E damage is good, but I keep the jump to "last hit" enemy champs so I can use it again if I'm low and need to get out. I try to get IE as fast as I can (around 20 mins mark or even before), so having Q at higher level when you have your IE (and couple dorans) helps alot in early/mid game team fights. I don't use jump and E at all when fighting 3 or more enemies. It's also better at tower pushing which I like to get down sooner rather then later so I can farm around and do other things.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akhorahil View Post
    Oh hate? I didn't knew that D: a hate because he's so awesome or the other way around? hehe xP
    It's not hate. Just the fact that he is simply not good enough atm. He is sorta worse then MF and maybe Cait (I never played Cait). MF has a strong lane phase and mid game, whereas he just has a strong lane phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    It's kind of funny, because in my eyes...Draven is slightly OP.
    I have never ever ever lost a lane as Draven...ever. Be it bot, top or in 3vs3. His harass is absolutely insane (basically you get a caitlin's headshot (or what's her passive called) on your face every time you come close. He can chase like no other too. Once he hits six his burst is amazing. I also didn't experience him falling off. I normally start boots and pots, then dorans blades and lifesteal thingy. Then I start working towards either bloodthirster/phantomdancer/Infinity edge depending on what I need first. Often also end up with a Maw of Malmortius to avoid being blown up.
    I'm also an AD player that never ever takes heal. I always take exhaust. This has saved me countless times, especially late game, but also early game, as I tend to be an aggressive player.
    I would never want to play Draven with Soraka though. You just don't need that mana at all. I'd rather have a good Blitzcrank or Alistar with me.

Now you can say I played bad players, and sure, they're not pro's. But no other champion has given me as much success as Draven (and I'm by no means a bad player).

I feel he might be a bit like Cassiopeia. People used to FLAME you for picking her...then some pro started using her, people learned how to use her, and suddenly she was OP and needed to be nerfed. The only buff she got in between was getting vision on her miasma (which wasn't the thing that was nerfed afterwards).
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2012-08-23 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    I like attacking faster :P don't use in lane phase though, just level it. The jump and E damage is good, but I keep the jump to "last hit" enemy champs so I can use it again if I'm low and need to get out. I try to get IE as fast as I can (around 20 mins mark or even before), so having Q at higher level when you have your IE (and couple dorans) helps alot in early/mid game team fights. I don't use jump and E at all when fighting 3 or more enemies. It's also better at tower pushing which I like to get down sooner rather then later so I can farm around and do other things..
    Leveling Q means you ignore what Trist helps get through her horrid mid game: her strong early game. 2 kills early on propel her ahead and makes for a far easier game.

W / E / W / E / W / R / ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello posting here again Im in a dilema of witch champion to buy.I have some spare rp but would like to buy it with Ip if it isn't too much,
    I was considering Akali,Viktor,Trundle,Ahri or Rammus.
    I mainly jungle but lack champs in other roles and the only rune page i have is for jungeling.
    Wich one do you think is the best for a person who is about to hit 30 and start some ranked games.
    Last edited by MrMayor; 2012-08-24 at 12:07 AM.

Leveling Q means you ignore what Trist helps get through her horrid mid game: her strong early game. 2 kills early on propel her ahead and makes for a far easier game.

I've found that a rank in Q can really help out in the transition to the mid game, but I pick up E first as well when I play her. and 2 kills early on propel her? Get it? Her W is Rocket Jump. I built a rage blade on her the other night and it was nothing short of amazing due to her AP scaling.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I've found that a rank in Q can really help out in the transition to the mid game, but I pick up E first as well when I play her. and 2 kills early on propel her? Get it? Her W is Rocket Jump. I built a rage blade on her the other night and it was nothing short of amazing due to her AP scaling.
    Q only becomes useful when you get more AS. W before E since Rocket jump is your escape and E pushes the lane by itself, even with perfect last hitting.

I go W>E>W>E>Q>R>Q>Q>Q, leveling R whenever I can and leveling jump after that.

What I have noticed is that if I am dominating my lane (which is 80% of the times, the only AD I have trouble against are Cait and sometimes Draven, or if there is a good Alister in the mix), the jungler starts to camp bot lane, so I'm restored to AA. I normally get kills quite easily leveling this way.

W and E become pretty useless for attacking asap lane phase ends, so my main goal is to get PD done and making Q viable.
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Q only becomes useful when you get more AS. W before E since Rocket jump is your escape and E pushes the lane by itself, even with perfect last hitting.
    I dunno, I find the bit of a steroid to be kind of nice while going into mid game. Usually pick it up if I'm right by a tower that we're after and that little bit of speed will make the tower die. And E first for that passive harass, to kind of force them off being so close to their minions. Usually W at level 2 unless I misclick Q. The use of E just feels a little more comfortable, and I can force the reset on the wave after a clear.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

i have about 1600 ip and im thinking of getting garen, chogath, malphite, or mundo. should i buy one of them or should i wait til i get to 3150 to get blitz so i can just have fun and pull everyone? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    W and E become pretty useless for attacking asap lane phase ends, so my main goal is to get PD done and making Q viable.
    So you can run and shoot really fast and do no damage... Really, rush Infinity Edge first. It's the single most important item for Trist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Rageblade is actually something of an interesting choice. It's just a bit of a pity that it delays your main build by so much.

By picking up E first, you open yourself up to level 2 ganks. Since so many junglers these days run bot straight from blue, I really prefer having the escape.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    Hello posting here again Im in a dilema of witch champion to buy.I have some spare rp but would like to buy it with Ip if it isn't too much,
    I mainly jungle but lack champs in other roles and the only rune page i have is for jungeling.
    Wich one do you think is the best for a person who is about to hit 30 and start some ranked games.
    If you want top and have jungling runes, forget Akali, Ahri, Rammus and Viktor. Trundle is pretty solid both on top and in the jungle and can make good use of your runes. Akali requires a specific rune set. Ahri is a good choice, but does require different runes. I honestly wouldn't bother with Rammus or Viktor.

So you can run and shoot really fast and do no damage... Really, rush Infinity Edge first. It's the single most important item for Trist.
    Ofcourse I get IE first. I rush PD after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    From that list, Rammus is about the only one who can jungle, with the exception of Trundle...ish. I mainly play as Ahri, but she needs a different rune page. I love Ahri, though. Great escape, decent cc, a passive that gives spell vamp, aoe, and true damage. But yeah, Rammus if you need a jungler, Ahri if you don't.
    There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenswag View Post
    i have about 1600 ip and im thinking of getting garen, chogath, malphite, or mundo. should i buy one of them or should i wait til i get to 3150 to get blitz so i can just have fun and pull everyone? lol
    Depends on what role u want to do. They are all decend top champs. Cho, Mundo and Malphite are also good junglers.

Blitz can jungle but is more of a support pick.

If you want a top, go for Akali. She is one of the harder champs to play (imo) and has one of the hardest early games, but once you get your ultimate you are an unstoppable dunking machine. Her damage is absolutely insane, Good mobility from her ult, nice escape tool which can be used to juke people & slow enemies, OK-ish sustain from her passive, it's nothing amazing... But it's noticeable!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siltah View Post
    From that list, Rammus is about the only one who can jungle, with the exception of Trundle...ish. I mainly play as Ahri, but she needs a different rune page. I love Ahri, though. Great escape, decent cc, a passive that gives spell vamp, aoe, and true damage. But yeah, Rammus if you need a jungler, Ahri if you don't.
    Trundle is a godly jungler. Hundred times better than Rammus. Rammus has been nerfed too many times to make the same impact and fear factor he did months ago. Rammus is still "okay", but Trundle is way better.

And if you want to play Rammus, buy Malphite and play him instead. Same role, but has a better clear, better ganks, and isn't as reliant on the whole team being AD.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-08-24 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    If you want a top, go for Akali. She is one of the harder champs to play (imo) and has one of the hardest early games, but once you get your ultimate you are an unstoppable dunking machine. Her damage is absolutely insane, Good mobility from her ult, nice escape tool which can be used to juke people & slow enemies, OK-ish sustain from her passive, it's nothing amazing... But it's noticeable!
    Im just worried about the runes ( about Akali), read alot and it says you need a very specific rune page.Will calculate a bit but im leanning to Ahri much more and I need a strong mid a little bit more.
    Last edited by MrMayor; 2012-08-24 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just worried about the runes ( about Akali), read alot and it says you need a very specific rune page.Will calculate a bit but im leanning to Ahri much more and I need a strong mid a little bit more.
    Well, you'll need runes either way before using them in ranked. Akali uses her own page since she uses hybrid runes. I run AD reds, health/lvl yellows, AP/lvl blues, flat AP quints.

For Ahri I run MPren reds, mana regen/lvl yellows, AP/lvl blues, flat AP quints.

With Akali you get the bonus of being able to build and AD Carry page minus quints and half an AP page after you buy her runes. The only ones you will barely use on any other champ are the health/lvl, and those can be replaced by armor if you take her top lane.

Rammus is still "okay"
    I see what you did there.

OT: Thinking about buying Rengar, is he a viable jungler/solo top?

10+ Year Old Account
    Barely.

But Classick hinted at possible upcoming buffs.

So since all the people say that Draven has alot of weaknesses, should i get him for Kog'Maw for rankeds at 1200ish ELO?