15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    What are really nice 'burst' AP's?

I currently play a lot of Viktor, and he just rapes even when he is underfed. Is Malzahar something like that? Had him mid yesterday and well, his damage seemed nice.

LeBlanc
    Annie
    Brand
    Gragas
    Lux
    Morde
    Veigar
    Ziggs

Cass is really more sustained damage.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    I haven't played Annie yet. But seeing how she is free this week; why not. Problem with Annie's burst is that you can see it coming when she hits 6.

As far as i know, Morde is a lot of farm isn't he? To be effective that is.

I don't know about Cass, but i won my lane against her. When her poison hits, be ready to feel the pain.

How is Eve in team fights? Isn't she kinda too squishy / countered?
    Morde is probably oen of the easiest farmers in-game though. E + Q = dead minion wave, constantly kill your wraiths and possible enemy wraiths too. Once you got DFG and some AP you literally 3 shot their carry and end up with a ghost.

Eve depends on which Eve you play. AP mid Eve is really about getting in, 2 shotting their carry and hope you get out alive. Deciding when to go in, who to nuke and how to get out is quite key to playing her. Just running in, smashing buttons doesn't work.

Deleted
    Yeah, i've seen one other Viktor once, and hate to say it, but he was bad. Too bad so little people play him, but i guess it's cause he has to be in the front to have max burst.

I think Malzahar can be fun, and his silence / dot / ult can pretty much say 'hey, get that guy' i guess.

Saving up it is!
    I had a phase when Viktor was my favourite AP mid, that was until I stopped playing mid, I would give anyone a good game in mid as Viktor. (Not trying to be big headed, he just has a good skill set)

I currently play a lot of Viktor, and he just rapes even when he is underfed. Is Malzahar something like that? Had him mid yesterday and well, his damage seemed nice.
    I play Malzahar a lot, he is very underrated. He is a great farmer with his E at rank 3-4, and his W + R combo is extremely scary if you catch people off guard, Saved me quite a lot when people tryed diving me too, Supressed under a turret at lvl 7? Dead.

On top of that, he is very strong in team fights since he can force the enemy team to split up with his Q and W.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2012-09-11 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, Malzahar most certainly not a burst AP, but he is really fun to play. Your full combo is pretty much death unless they have cleanse or a QSS. Thankfully, most games no one has either, so he can do very well. When I play Malz I'll farm and push with his E, then go gank other lanes. As long as you ult someone the gank will be successful, you just have to worry about counter ganks since his ult roots him in place as well.

Deleted
    Good thing we will be able to throw infected minions away and stop that lame one-button clear and cripple that cripple :d.

Just started playing week or so ago, and got yorick ( love it ) and looking for a 'forgiving jungler to try, what to pick D:?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Eve depends on which Eve you play. AP mid Eve is really about getting in, 2 shotting their carry and hope you get out alive. Deciding when to go in, who to nuke and how to get out is quite key to playing her. Just running in, smashing buttons doesn't work.
    Just finished a game as AP Eve (finally could pick mid after 3 games...) Just like you said; Get in, hope you don't get killed and get out.
    But damn, when you can gank succesfull, you can do it good.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binge View Post
    Just started playing week or so ago, and got yorick ( love it ) and looking for a 'forgiving jungler to try, what to pick D:?
    Lee sin for actually jungling. He's pretty durable, and his ganks are awesome. Though he relies on a good early game to do well later.

Shyvana is a good mention too since she becomes very tanky and has the second fastest clear speed. (Mundo being the first, though he is not very forgiving)

Nunu has an easy jungle, but you have to know what to do on nunu. If you just farm your jungle and gank occasionally you are doing it wrong with him. He has the potential to completely screw over the other jungler, so it should be exploited. A well played jungle nunu is a nightmare to jungle against.

Mundo, Cho'gath and jarvan are all free this week if you want to give them a try. Mundo and Jarvan are harder junglers I would say, but cho'gath has awesome sustain, and transitions into late game very well. I would recommend him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Lee sin for actually jungling. He's pretty durable, and his ganks are awesome. Though he relies on a good early game to do well later.

Shyvana is a good mention too since she becomes very tanky and has the second fastest clear speed. (Mundo being the first, though he is not very forgiving)

Nunu has an easy jungle, but you have to know what to do on nunu. If you just farm your jungle and gank occasionally you are doing it wrong with him. He has the potential to completely screw over the other jungler, so it should be exploited. A well played jungle nunu is a nightmare to jungle against.

Mundo, Cho'gath and jarvan are all free this week if you want to give them a try. Mundo and Jarvan are harder junglers I would say, but cho'gath has awesome sustain, and transitions into late game very well. I would recommend him too.
    shame, i like the way mundo plays but as i think id find jungleing hard.. mundo axe miss and they away, been trying to harass people with axes but not doing so well with him compared to yorick ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Then jungle as Yorick?

Thank you for all the replies about Karma. I went ahead and bought her, played a few co-op vs AI games with her. 3rd game someone made a comment about me being Karma like I was warned about, but i find her fun. I'm getting the hang of her she feels neat but I still have some learning to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Forgiving junglers, in my opinion, are those with the fastest clear times...gives you more time to set up ganks without getting behind the enemy jungler.

I would say try Mundo this week (he's free).
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Forgiving junglers, in my opinion, are those with the fastest clear times...gives you more time to set up ganks without getting behind the enemy jungler.

Bough mundo today, having a blast with him lol, do runes play a big part of jungleing?, when i tell people it will be my first time they say not to lol Xd

10+ Year Old Account
    Runes and masteries have tremendous impact. Some champions flat out can not jungle without them, others need to start cloth+pots instead of boots+pots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

For mundo it's more that his abilites cost health. And if you don't know how to jungle properly/get a decent leash you can end up having to B earlier than normal. Could be because i'm not very good with mundo, but I didn't find him the most forgiving of junglers.

Bough mundo today, having a blast with him lol, do runes play a big part of jungleing?, when i tell people it will be my first time they say not to lol Xd
    Runes make an enormous difference. I jungled Diana on release with a half assed Diana rune page and had moderate success. I finally got a full rune page set up for her and things went a lot better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    For mundo it's more that his abilites cost health. And if you don't know how to jungle properly/get a decent leash you can end up having to B earlier than normal. Could be because i'm not very good with mundo, but I didn't find him the most forgiving of junglers.
    I agree, I myself am not the greatest jungler but I wouldn't say I am bad either but I find Mundo a pain to jungle with early game just because of draining my health pool with burning agony.

Guess il just have to wait abit and save up so i can do it right!,

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    I agree, I myself am not the greatest jungler but I wouldn't say I am bad either but I find Mundo a pain to jungle with early game just because of draining my health pool with burning agony.
    Here's my mundo setup:

Standard AS reds, armor yellows, MR/level blues, MS quints (you can use Armor quints as well)

Standard 9/21/0 jungling masteries

Starting items are important - I always run cloth + 5, which allows me to stay in the jungle powerclearing until I can return for ninja tabi + HoG + 1 ward. I tell my team I'll only be counter-ganking (unless a fantastic gank oppourtunity arises) until these two items are achieved and advise them to play as safely as possible until then. If you must return early due to counter jungling or whatever, grab Tabi first - that extra armor and damage reduction is huge.

Just max W first, pick up 1 rank of Q at level 4, and max E second. You literally melt the camps and have all kinds of time for ganking.

I go right into Warmog's after Tabi / HoG. I know, building an Aegis is probably what you're supposed to do, but I try to convince the support to rush it after they get Philo / HoG. More time to acquire gold before they get their Shurelya's anyway.

Level 12 to 14-ish build usually looks like: Tabi, HoG, Warmog's, Warden's Mail, working on FoN and Randuin's. At this point you're an unkillable beast unless they focus you 100%...and if that's the case, your team is free-firing and cleaning house. I like to dive their ADC in most situations as you're either going to draw CC/peelers from the enemy team or just eat them alive. Q as often as you can, but if you know they haven't used their escape tools yet, it can be wise to force the flash / valkyrie / dash / etc first (this is ideal, and hard to think about / execute in the heat of a team fight).

Also, don't underestimate mundo's poke. That Q does nutty damage. Throw them constantly in those little ranged skirmishes before a hard engage to give your team the HP advantage. If you're out front and take their poke, big deal...just ult upon initiation and its K.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-09-12 at 03:41 PM.

I might have to give it ago.. more worryed about letting the team down i guess ;x