15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livic View Post
    I just started playing a week ago and have been enjoying it so far. A friend recommended Garen to me and I find him fun, although to this point I've only played against bots to get to know the game better. On the forums however, I see people saying Garen is pretty bad, mostly because of the low skill cap, and I wonder if this is true? Is it worth going on with him or would I be better off finding a champion with higher potential? If change, any advice on a fitting champion?

I've tried a few other champions as well (Ryze, Vladimir, Elise, Jax, Fiddlesticks, Yorick), but I like Garen the most because of his seemingly good survivability, mobility and burst.
    Garen is a forgiving top laner due to his passive regeneration.

However, my recommendation to all new League players is to avoid buying any champions at all and saving all of your IP for tier 3 runes.

My opinion is simple: I'd rather play all of the free champions and have 3-4 role-specific rune pages than a couple champs that may fall out favor. By playing every free champion with each passing weekly rotation, you will learn the strengths and weaknesses of most of your opponents-to-be. Knowledge of your opponents capabilities is almost as important as mastering your own.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm.. After playing him this week and LOVING him, I'm considering buying Volibear for solo top, is he remotly viable in anything other than low elo blind picks and bot games?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Hmmmm.. After playing him this week and LOVING him, I'm considering buying Volibear for solo top, is he remotly viable in anything other than low elo blind picks and bot games?
    He's ok, but not the greatest top laner. He can get kited pretty easily. Jungle-wise, he's average to above-average level.

Depending on the new itemization and new jungle in the upcoming patches, he might be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Sooo.. saving for a 6.3k champ.

I've been playing for a while, tho not consistently. Anyway, I feel the roles that suit me most are mid and adc.

I only really have one adc that I really like and that's Ezreal, but I'm getting a bit bored of him.

So I was looking at either Graves or Vayne, and they're both 6.3k respectively. I know Vayne has a weak lane phase, and a strong endgame, and is probably one of the hardest adc's to master, whereas Graves is just good allround, and a bit easier to play. But I have confidence in that I might learn Vayne and play well with her if I just spend some time with her.

Which one would you recommend, given I spend some time with either of them?

I only play draft pick normals and occasionally ranked if that makes any difference. Blind pick only if I play with a friend who only has a few champs.
    Both are great AD Carries and I find both fun to play.

Vayne is a very powerful late game carry provided that you learn proper positioning, shes great. True dmg and high mobility make her what she is.

Graves is a great also, hes also very bursty. I find him fun when I first learned ADC. Burst and tankiness are what make up Graves.

Most low elo solo queue games do not last very long, so if you can win lane and force surrenders, its a win. I do recommend graves if u want to carry normally, but if you can make your positioning and other mechanics great, then Vayne can carry at any elo.

My decision: Diana is on sale, so ill just refund the 6.3k ip i spent and buy her w/ RP. Im not sure what to use the 6.3k ip on, but I need some champs that can also carry hard in solo queue. Its either
    -Rengar
    -Corki & Nidalee
    -Corki & Olaf
    -Corki & Gragas
    -Nocturne
    Last edited by Derention; 2012-11-20 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derention View Post
    -Rengar
    -Corki & Nidalee
    -Corki & Olaf
    -Corki & Gragas
    -Nocturne

Corki and Olaf imo, Olaf is a great top. Counters things like Irelia and Yorick (to an extent). He's a decent jungler too. Corki is a pretty decent ADC too imo. Fallen off after the nerfs a bit but still strong.

Im sadface at rengar nerf haha best top before.

Deleted
    In today's sale there is only Kennen I miss,
    any good reason why I should buy him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    In today's sale there is only Kennen I miss,
    any good reason why I should buy him?
    Couldnt really tell you a specific reason to buy him since he isnt that great anymore. But he's still solid on top lane and ok on mid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought Nocturne last night and I'm still learning the ropes with him. His ultimate is just so powerful and makes ganks trivial. I would say saving it for bot lane ganks would be the smartest idea because it's a two kill gank if you know what you are doing. I'm happy I bought him but he does feel a bit iffy in the jungle early clearing.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Any good enemy team will ward enough to see you before Ulti range, the ulti huge nerf range crippled his ulti-ganks, now you have to get to ward range before you ulti-blink on them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Diana now? thinking of getting her(she's supposed to be on sale, but it still hasn't gone up yet).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    How is Diana now? thinking of getting her(she's supposed to be on sale, but it still hasn't gone up yet).
    Great as a midlaner and decent as a jungler. Very few direct counters for midlane and is quite good in every department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    Ridiculously strong mid. Her kill potential at 6 is insane and she brings strong assassination, utility, and survivability.

She's still fun Jungle, but the lack of lane exp and gold will hamper her a bit. Lvl 6 ganks are still strong as fuck though.

I've been playing almost NOTHING but Lux for the past few weeks, but I really have to learn another champion (mostly for when someone snags mid, as I dislike support lux)
    I'm thinking of learning solo top, is there anyone who comes to mind that is good at solo top and has long range nukes? Or (alternatively) is hard to get away from, with some decent range stuns or snares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jayce. Jax.

You might also enjoy Vladimir.

Deleted
    Quick question, which Darius skin should I buy?
    The lord skin or the bioforge? Or should I wait till they put in Norse King Darius ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeBacchus View Post
    Quick question, which Darius skin should I buy?
    The lord skin or the bioforge? Or should I wait till they put in Norse King Darius ?
    Lord Darius, i dislike the Bioforge one.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Err that is 100% your choice, what you like
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Once a skin question popped up,I am gonna take the chance and also express mine :$
    I can't decide between Midnight Ahri and Foxfire,I like each one quite a bit and was thinking about getting them both,but dunno if it's worth it :/
    Which one do you believe looks cooler ingame and suits Ahri's theme more?:P

Still have to say Irelia and steamroll toplane like a beast on wheels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by That one guy View Post
    Which one do you believe looks cooler ingame and suits Ahri's theme more?:P
    I personally like Foxfire Ahri more mostly because of her recolored skills but in the end its up to you which one to choose.