Kog is all about positioning and he is so squishy.

Vayne is squishy but get a couple of kills and she will snoball hard into late game.

Ezreal like Vayne is a hyper carry and so slippery to catch hold of.

Corki : I dont play him, dont like his play style.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Kog is all about positioning and he is so squishy.

Vayne is squishy but get a couple of kills and she will snoball hard into late game.

Ezreal like Vayne is a hyper carry and so slippery to catch hold of.

Corki : I dont play him, dont like his play style.
    Guess I'll save up and buy Ez. I do like his global ult the most. Thank you.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Draven is actually very strong early game if you know how to play him well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Draven is actually very strong early game if you know how to play him well.
    Draven's early game is crazy good. There really isn't anyone that can go head to head with you and win in a trade. It's even better if you get an axe of two off for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corki and rush a BC. Congratz, you are now an unstoppable shredding machine with your Gatling Gun proc'd.

Deleted
    i soon got 6300 points and want to buy a melee and thinking about fizz or nocturne. Which one should i take?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    i soon got 6300 points and want to buy a melee and thinking about fizz or nocturne. Which one should i take?
    Wait for Vi. She's gonna be so awesome. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    Nocturne is really strong in the new jungle, so I would recommend him right now.

Fizz is a strong ap assassin, but he is rather hit or miss. I guess that goes for all assassins though. His laning phase can be really rough if you are against someone who can harass him easily. However if he gets fed he is a monster.

Maokai or Skarner for ranked jungling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Either is a great pick to be honest. I'd lean towards Skarner, but that's mostly personal preference rather than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking to spend some of my IP on a 3150/4800 Champ. Not interested in the cheaper ones currently because I could save up for them much quicker, and I own most of them already.

I am usually top or mid, but play everything. Just not as good at the other roles. That being said it is mostly mids left in that price range I don't own.

Currently considering:

4800: Galio, Swain, Kennen, Maokai

3150: Anivia, Xin Zhao, Gragas, Lux, LeBlanc, Kassadin, Gangplank, Sona, Corki

Thoughts

Galio - Played 2 bot games with him during free week, didn't get to try in an actual game. Seems cool.
    Lux - Only played her once and I don't completely recall how I liked the experience, but it wasn't a negative one.
    Anivia - Played her a handful of times during last free week. I can see myself liking her if I got good with her but I tend to shy away from champs so mana hungry.
    Gangplank - Tried him a few times as well, wasn't really impressed but I guess he would be nice to have in my pool if needed.

The others I have never personally played, but have seen enough of to be interested in.

Sona would probably be a good pick honestly because I only really have Leona/Janna/Lulu for supports, and I don't enjoy Janna that much. That being said I rarely play the role so it is not a high priority.

Edit:

Added Corki to the list. I have only played him once and it was a realllly bad time. Lost the lane rather badly, but he also felt really weird to play, so it wasn't a great experience.

That being said I don't have many AD carries at all(really only play Ez and Kog) and he seems to be very good in the right hands.
    Last edited by Aeiri; 2012-12-09 at 01:08 PM.

Ahh, just received my 30k IP. Time for a champion spree!

Is yorick any good with the new items? Muramune seems like it would make him better than he was before. Same with urgot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Ahh, just received my 30k IP. Time for a champion spree!

Is yorick any good with the new items? Muramune seems like it would make him better than he was before. Same with urgot.
    Both of them make good use to Muramana. Urgot still has a bit of issues due to the last set of nerfs to him though.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Both of them make good use to Muramana. Urgot still has a bit of issues due to the last set of nerfs to him though.
    with the recent buffs/nerfs, whose good top lane? besides rengar (nerfed), irelia, jayce, yorick. how's lee sin fair? what about pantheon/talon even with the BC nerfs?

I play Singed Anivia and Soraka. I need an ADC and a Jungler any recommendations?
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    with the recent buffs/nerfs, whose good top lane? besides rengar (nerfed), irelia, jayce, yorick. how's lee sin fair? what about pantheon/talon even with the BC nerfs?
    Tbh I still don't see why so few people use Elise on top. With the new masteries and buff to armor and magic penetration she's even better top lane. Sure, her teamfight presence is still a tad weak (especially since Bruisers became the new carries -.-) but on top she can dominate the shit out of anyone that doesn't have godlike sustain. Magic Pen boots + Haunting Guise and a single Human Form Q does around 30% damage really. It's just a matter of getting them down slowly then finishing them off before they know what happens.

That and in my opinion it's one of the most original releases Riot made in a long time. She ain't pure AP, she ain't a pure tank, she ain't a real bruiser or assassin. She's just Elise.

Deleted
    thinking about a new bruiser for top lane because at the moment my usual toplane consists out of mordekaiser, singed, cho, (poppy), malphite and shyvanna and mundo.

thought about one of darius, jayce, riven, irelia, olaf, wuku or jax. considered vlad too but i think i got quite a lot of ap tops. maybe talon too who got just a nice push through the bc change and is viable for mid too

Deleted
    Guess I've never seen a Talon or shyvanna top in 700+ games...I'm really a bad top but I feel safe and usefull with Riven.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shyvanna top was made popular by Darien of M5 early on in Season 2. She is really strong early on and wins trades against just about everyone. He'd clear the lane and then quickly run off and counter-jungle either the golems / red or blue / wolves.

It fell out of favor quickly as people would just ward for it and then you'd find yourself caught with your pants down being pounced on by their mid, jungle, and top laner.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    Wall of Text
    I would suggest getting either Corki or Caitlin to give you some more AD carries to choose from, as you have noted that you have few of those.
    Caitlin is very good paired with Nunu, and is a safe pick as you can win trades in lane due to having more range.
    Corki is just a stronger ADC overall, especially with a Black Cleaver to shred the enemy's armor (his E applies 1 stack every 0.3 or so seconds).
    Quote Originally Posted by Goronfighter View Post
    I play Singed Anivia and Soraka. I need an ADC and a Jungler any recommendations?
    Nocturne is a very nice jungler since his clear is pretty fast and he has the tools to gank a lane efficiently.
    I would recommend getting Ezreal/Corki for ADC as they are very safe picks due to their escapability and seem to be in a good spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balleny View Post
    thinking about a new bruiser for top lane because at the moment my usual toplane consists out of mordekaiser, singed, cho, (poppy), malphite and shyvanna and mundo.

thought about one of darius, jayce, riven, irelia, olaf, wuku or jax. considered vlad too but i think i got quite a lot of ap tops. maybe talon too who got just a nice push through the bc change and is viable for mid too
    Judging by your list you kind of need a new AD-based bruiser, Riven or Jayce would be best suited for this job. Jayce is easier in lane since his kit is so well-rounded, but Riven is also very strong early game with some AD marks/quints and is very destructive if you build her with high damage items. (BT + BC, gg).
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Guess I've never seen a Talon or shyvanna top in 700+ games...I'm really a bad top but I feel safe and usefull with Riven.
    I've seen Talon tops; they lost their lane.
    Shyvana is never played on top because people don't know how to do it, with the enhanced jungle it's even less popular than it allready was, so you probably won't see any Shyvana top laners any time soon.