and why is Viktor so underplayed aswell i played him abit and when i win my lane mid im just unstopabble reaching 800AP with 6items+ pot in teamfights u grevity field em lazer and ulti and they all just melt away, he's gravity field lets him escape ganks and death ray is really good at poking since it has huge range

10+ Year Old Account
    Viktor is really strong but has a few fundamental problems:

1) Range. He has very short range compared to other popular APs. This means his moves are broadcast like heck as well. It's not hard to tell he's going to drop a Gravity Field on you when he comes running up.

2) Mana costs. They're fairly prohibitive if you spam spells

3) Clunky.

4) Starts losing item efficiency towards late game.

5) Hard to use compared to other popular mid/tops.

--

That said, he's a good enough pick and not many people know how to play against him.

Morg is useful against more then AP champs. It stops disables on you or an ally. I have stopped WW ult with her shield, used it just as his ult activated, lucky timing. lol Ashe arrow, Sej ult from stunning the ADC..ect..ect..

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    She does fall off a bit but late game ult can lock them up for the rest to do whats needed.
    That's all I need. Just pubstomped an Akali mid. She couldn't ever hurt me from shield, and couldnt push against me.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    She doesn't do well against Jayce, Zed, Pantheon or Kha'zix is what I meant with 'does better vs AP'. Black Shield does very little vs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    She doesn't do well against Jayce, Zed, Pantheon or Kha'zix is what I meant with 'does better vs AP'. Black Shield does very little vs them.
    Except at my elo , i rarely see any of them.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Well it doesn't matter, I can't play her anymore. You are right she is a support mage late game, and I just lost 2 games cause my team was dumb as stumps and couldn't capitalize off my ult.

EDIT

Kha'zix is another one I can't play. I jump on the enemy ADC, instagibb him, they focus me down, then my team dies to the bruiser and ap.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-06-10 at 02:08 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well it doesn't matter, I can't play her anymore. You are right she is a support mage late game, and I just lost 2 games cause my team was dumb as stumps and couldn't capitalize off my ult.

EDIT

Kha'zix is another one I can't play. I jump on the enemy ADC, instagibb him, they focus me down, then my team dies to the bruiser and ap.
    How don't you escape with a reset on your massive jump and an insta stealth thing which reduces damage by what? 40%?

Deleted
    So I like to go on and off from LoL and resently started playing a little again
    I really like to play bruisers, whatever that means, and Mordekaiser is a big favorite aswell as Garen. Just got up to 3150 IP again and feel like getting a new champion and want some tips could be a little more patient and wait for 6k IP

Hoping for some kind advice here: I'm searching for a new champion to add to my arsenal. I'm gaming with my boyfriend and a friend. Recently we've been on a hot streak of victories with me playing Fiddle, my bf Nami or Zilean and our friend Warwick, Hecarim or Twitch.
    This week my bf bought Shaco and have been in love with him ever since, making our team slightly awkward with me playing Fiddle. For the first time, we've been hitting a wall in latest battles, getting rolled over by the enemy team. We believe it might be because we're 2 squishies on the same team and I've therefore volunteered to try out another champion.

My question is: We've often felt like our team needed some sort of melee strength and I've been wondering which champion to purchase. To give you an idea of what I've enjoyed playing, I've often done ranged roles such as Ziggs, Varus, Brand and obviously Fiddlesticks (funfunfun!). I briefly tried Darius which felt fun, but from what I can see in various guides, he seems to be slightly off in end game situations and I'm not too fond of his lack of poking abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I feel Morgana counters Pantheon. The guy has a hard time killing people if he cant stun them and he fell out of favor in mid lane because he cant push waves that well, so everybody just shoved him into his turret and then backed off.
    Since the stun is pretty much instant and not telegraphed, it's fairly hard to avoid. Additionally, it's on a 13sec CD. Black Shield is on a 23sec CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Auramin View Post
    Hoping for some kind advice here: I'm searching for a new champion to add to my arsenal. I'm gaming with my boyfriend and a friend. Recently we've been on a hot streak of victories with me playing Fiddle, my bf Nami or Zilean and our friend Warwick, Hecarim or Twitch.
    This week my bf bought Shaco and have been in love with him ever since, making our team slightly awkward with me playing Fiddle. For the first time, we've been hitting a wall in latest battles, getting rolled over by the enemy team. We believe it might be because we're 2 squishies on the same team and I've therefore volunteered to try out another champion.

My question is: We've often felt like our team needed some sort of melee strength and I've been wondering which champion to purchase. To give you an idea of what I've enjoyed playing, I've often done ranged roles such as Ziggs, Varus, Brand and obviously Fiddlesticks (funfunfun!). I briefly tried Darius which felt fun, but from what I can see in various guides, he seems to be slightly off in end game situations and I'm not too fond of his lack of poking abilities.
    you should try Renekton. uses Fury as a resource which means he is only hindered by cooldowns, Massive lane bully in the early game, strong mid game and transitions to a immovable wall late game that can jump on and disrupt the enemy carries.

Also, there's very few counters to him, he can even do well against the few champions that do counter him if played correctly.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2013-06-10 at 04:33 PM.

I want to play an ADC that is ranged and both high damage\viable for ranked. Any recommendations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    I want to play an ADC that is ranged and both high damage\viable for ranked. Any recommendations?
    Caitlyn has the longest base range of ADCs (625), but her damage isn't the greatest in the late-game, as she's meant to harass early with her long range. She is a very safe pick though.

Varus has above average range (575), and has good poke with Q and/or E to detonate W stacks, but doesn't have any escapes outside of his ult.

Tristana has the longest range at level 18 with her passive (703), and is considered to be of the "hyper-carry" status that is also shared with Kog'Maw and Vayne, and her jump and knockback ult keeps her safe. The issue is that her midgame is lackluster as she transitions from a caster with her W, E, and R to a long-range autoattacker.

Kog'Maw has one of the shortest base ranges for ADC (500), but can get his range to 710 with his W active, and again is one of those "hyper-carries". The big problem is that his lack of escape means that you have to have a teamcomp that is devoted to protecting him.

Caitlyn and Tristana would be the preferable choices, Cait if you want early-game power, and Trist if you want late-game damage.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-06-11 at 08:11 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    you should try Renekton. uses Fury as a resource which means he is only hindered by cooldowns, Massive lane bully in the early game, strong mid game and transitions to a immovable wall late game that can jump on and disrupt the enemy carries.

Also, there's very few counters to him, he can even do well against the few champions that do counter him if played correctly.
    Oh, good point - I'll look into some guides and give him a try! Thanks for the advice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    Most champions that are called ADC are actually ranged, simply because that's what the current Meta dictates, as a melee ADC isn't really viable (even though Tryndamere is seeing a lot more play than a couple of weeks ago), especially not in the current position in a duo-lane in bot.

Easy to pick up ADCs that are viable in ranked would be Caitlyn, Graves or Miss Fortune. All of them have a strong early game, making laning a lot easier as you don't have to play hyper defensive (as you would with a Kog'maw against most lanes).

Caitlyn is extremely save during laning because of her long range, she has decent poke (especially if people step on your traps, making your Q and auto attacks easy to land) and has a decent strength lategame. She also has a semi-strong escape.
    Graves is rather shortranged, but if you get into the fight, you can put out some serious burst. That coupled your smoke screen can make for some easy trading. He also has a semi-strong escape, even though you will probably use it for trading often, as it gives you an attack speed buff and allows you to get into your short burst range, so it might not be up in case of ganks.
    Miss Fortune has a range in between Caitlyn and Graves and is known for being a strong lane bully, as you can trade efficiently with almost all ADCs (besides Draven). As she has no escape, but high movement speed because of her passive, it's very important to learn how to position yourself correctly, especially for teamfights. Miss Fortune's main trademark in teamfights is her devastating ultimate, which, if positioned correctly, can turn teamfights around single handedly. Miss Fortune, especially if itemizing for her ultimate, has an incredible midgame but falls of slightly lategame, as the damage from your ultimate doesn't scale as well as some other ADCs do.

As I said, if you are new to ADCing, you might want to pick up one of those three, as they are strong early game and are relatively easy to learn.

I find Caitlyn to be the safest ADC pick, especially as first pick. There really isn't a counter pick, and she's strong throughout the entire game up to an -ok- late game.

Miss Fortune is my 2nd safest adc pick because she honestly takes the least amount of effort of them all. As long as you can lane well, and bully well you will come out of lane really strong. With any sensible team comp with an MF on it the ult is devastating. A lot of times you don't have to do much more than position behind your team and ult if you have an amumu/sejunai/leona/etc.. and you auto win the team fight. It's honestly a bit silly how good the ult is, imo.

my 3rd favorite is Draven simply because of how SILLY he is in lane. People underestimate the damage that Draven does, and I've gotten A LOT of 4 minute BF swords on him. The game is pretty much unwinnable for them at that point because Draven can sometimes 1v3 (bot lane + jungler) and easy 2v3. You just have to hope the game doesn't go past 30-40min for any reason because teamfighting as draven is honestly really annoying unless you are used to playing him.
    Last edited by Acry; 2013-06-11 at 09:38 AM.

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about getting Kennen, not just because he can go top/mid/bot, but I've actually wanted to legitimately try him as a support (because stuns).
    How dumb is my idea?
    Should I still do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been thinking about getting Kennen, not just because he can go top/mid/bot, but I've actually wanted to legitimately try him as a support (because stuns).
    How dumb is my idea?
    Should I still do it?
    it's not dumb, if you want to do it and your team doesn't mind it never hurts. you'll get some crap for doing it though! I would probably recommend Pantheon over kennen though if you wanted to do that? Pantheon can sort of psuedo tank, and do alot of damage w/o items. I would just like if someone was doing a silly kill lane that they shift into a tank rather than damage as they will never actually get enough damage until 30min+

Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    it's not dumb, if you want to do it and your team doesn't mind it never hurts. you'll get some crap for doing it though! I would probably recommend Pantheon over kennen though if you wanted to do that? Pantheon can sort of psuedo tank, and do alot of damage w/o items. I would just like if someone was doing a silly kill lane that they shift into a tank rather than damage as they will never actually get enough damage until 30min+
    Wouldn't Kennen's range conpensate for the lack of survivability? Especially since there's always the threat of getting poked by his shuriken. The lightning rush also seems nice for when you get ganked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Wouldn't Kennen's range conpensate for the lack of survivability? Especially since there's always the threat of getting poked by his shuriken. The lightning rush also seems nice for when you get ganked.
    yeah, he's got his pros - same reason why people do ADC kennen is what you said. It's just without items that benefit him greatly he doesn't really achieve anything, imo.