Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ymira View Post
    What lane are you going to play him on?
    Would like jungle, but honestly, nothing tops Hecarim in jungle imo.

In jungle he has a lot of strengths, that can help a solo que. His gank due to Q then E can lock up a lot of people, and his self heals are amazing. His cons tho are lil bit annoying tho since everything costs hp, his ganks also are hard to do unless you have ghost up if warded, his passive he needs to go from jungle clear right to fight or his passive is useless.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 02:40 PM ----------

So, I need tankie or counter picks for top lane. Got Kennen, and Malphite. What should I do next?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well duh. But I don't get decent adc, hence my post. That was pointless to say. But atleast within your third line insult you answered my question. Lux was considered, thank you.
    Lux, Morgana, and Soraka IMO - all three can either be support or DPS depending how you level them and gear them. Lux and Morgana are Mage carry/supports so they are kind of meant to do it more - Soraka though with her silence+starfall has has some pretty decent initiation - poke people with that and fall back again, and then the next time you want to poke try getting up behind them and doing it - and you can pressure them right out of lane (takes balls though, and experience with her to know what you can/can't do). Once she's geared though she's possibly the fastest lane pusher in the game imo, I can 2-shot (1.5s apart) any add wave pretty much with a CDR/AP build. So if you are worried someone will AFK or DC all game, or will just suck so much it feels like they did - I like taking Lux/Morg/Soraka - since if you have a good teammate you will score lots of kills, and if you don't you can farm very efficiently solo, and score kills once geared.

Oh, part of the reason I love Soraka I should mention is Morgana is my main - Soraka has like double Morgana's attack range and attack speed, so remember that - items like Nashor's Tooth and Lichbane work surprisingly well on her
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Lux, Morgana, and Soraka IMO - all three can either be support or DPS depending how you level them and gear them. Lux and Morgana are Mage carry/supports so they are kind of meant to do it more - Soraka though with her silence+starfall has has some pretty decent initiation - poke people with that and fall back again, and then the next time you want to poke try getting up behind them and doing it - and you can pressure them right out of lane (takes balls though, and experience with her to know what you can/can't do). Once she's geared though she's possibly the fastest lane pusher in the game imo, I can 2-shot (1.5s apart) any add wave pretty much with a CDR/AP build. So if you are worried someone will AFK or DC all game, or will just suck so much it feels like they did - I like taking Lux/Morg/Soraka - since if you have a good teammate you will score lots of kills, and if you don't you can farm very efficiently solo, and score kills once geared.

Oh, part of the reason I love Soraka I should mention is Morgana is my main - Soraka has like double Morgana's attack range and attack speed, so remember that - items like Nashor's Tooth and Lichbane work surprisingly well on her
    Don't forget Lulu. Currently the champion I'm experimenting most with.

I normally play quite a heavy AP Sona, because her early game poke literally scares the crap out of people and lets you zone very efficiently so your carry can pretty much pull up a chair and farm away. I just didn't think Sona brought enough end game in solo queue. Her ult is incredible if you're all coordinated, but the stun time is so short that even if you land it perfectly, your team often won't take full advantage.

Lulu on the other hand is a monster end game. Excellent slows, ability to poly their carry, and dropping her ult on mumu, nautilus or cho after they initiate will never get boring. Lulu can also be built to deal pretty heavy damage (ironically attack speed and AD produces far better DPS than AP due to her passive). Currently playing her as aggressive support, but I really want to try AD lulu top lane as I think she'd be an awesome counter pick to anything without a significant gap closer; in the same way a well played Teemo is a beast in top lane.

I think Lulu possibly has the broadest range of viable builds of any character which can be considered, at heart; a support.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torture View Post
    Currently playing her as aggressive support, but I really want to try AD lulu top lane as I think she'd be an awesome counter pick to anything without a significant gap closer; in the same way a well played Teemo is a beast in top lane.

I think Lulu possibly has the broadest range of viable builds of any character which can be considered, at heart; a support.
    AD Lulu top is actually played by a few people and not with bad results. It was more while she was still new, but just last week I saw a good top Lulu.

Deleted
    ok so, i m trying to build up my champ pool to start playing ranked... most success i have with support, specially sona so i d like to strengthen my choice there... i m kinda between lulu, thresh and nami. what would be the best 2nd choice after sona? also, my other lane champion choice is kinda weak, for adc i m thinking between varus/draven? what about zed/khaz/jayce? they can cover mid and top afaik so one of them would be a good buy... i can afford 3 champs so pls help me out ty all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi12 View Post
    ok so, i m trying to build up my champ pool to start playing ranked... most success i have with support, specially sona so i d like to strengthen my choice there... i m kinda between lulu, thresh and nami. what would be the best 2nd choice after sona? also, my other lane champion choice is kinda weak, for adc i m thinking between varus/draven? what about zed/khaz/jayce? they can cover mid and top afaik so one of them would be a good buy... i can afford 3 champs so pls help me out ty all
    Support: All three are good choices. If you look for a versatile champion pool for ranked, I would rule Nami out, because out of those three she has the most similarities with Sona. Some players refer to Sona/Lulu/Thresh as a holy trinity of support for a reason, so any of those two will be a fine choice. If you think you can master any of them, I'd choose Thresh, since he opens up the most possibilities.

AD: Again, both are good champions. Draven is a more risky pick, because you will focus a lot on the axes. That leaves more room for mistakes. If you feel confident enough, pick him, if you'd rather avoid mistakes, pick Varus.

Top/Mid: Again, they are all good choices, so I can't rule anything out. Jayce might be the strongest currently, but Riot announced that they feel he's a bit too strong. He also has the advantage of being a melee and a ranged champ. Kha'zix was recently changed to have more impact on single targets than in teamfights.
    I don't think I can give you a good suggestion other than take the one whose kit you prefer.

Deleted
    Malzahar, of course.

Freakin love that dude.

Deleted
    i will go for thresh for support, i ve never played draven, yet i ve played varus alot while he was f2p and i liked it alot, specially because of the great cc ult so i ll probably pick him... i would maybe prefer khazix over jayce because kha afaik is not bad in jungle aswell, and jayce is harder to master i think because of all those stance dancing etc... i never played either of those btw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi12 View Post
    Nami, as already mentioned, has the most similarity with Sona, so if you are looking for more diversity, Lulu and Thresh are both good picks, even though Thresh has a significant banrate (for a reason!), so if you are looking for a support that is left open more often, go for Lulu.

As for ADCs, early game is where Draven shines (even after the upcoming change, early game should still be his focus), so if you are looking for something to dominate your lane, go for Draven. Varus on the other hand has a strong mid and lategame (even though not Vayne or Kogmaw-strong) without suffering from a terrible early game, so he is the safer pick all around (as you will outdamage a Draven later in the game if both are equally farmed)

For the other 3 Champions, Zed is an assassin, so if you are looking for someone who jumps onto a target and eliminates it, he is a good pick. Khazix got heavily changed last patch, crippling his waveclear and shifting a lot of focus towards his Q. His singletarget burst is insane (even higher than Zed's maybe, not sure) as long as the target is isolated, so you will most likely try to catch people on their own farming/wandering through the jungle, like a true predator. Jayce on the other hand is wellknown for his immense poke damage, landing your QE combos can not only clear minion waves fast but also damage enemies tremendously (especially if they are melee, as they will have to go into minion-range for CSing). Jayce is the most mobile of the three champions, but offers less single-target burst but more AoE, long range poke. You should note that there are some direct and indirect nerfs to him being tested on the PBE currently, and I'm not sure how much they influence his strength (change to Manamune and increased cooldown on his E).

Edit: Reading your last post: Khazix jungle, especially after the nerf to his W, is not on par to some other junglers I believe. It is playable and certainly more common than Jayce jungle, but do note that old guides that factor in the increased damage on his evolved W can be missleading.
    Last edited by mmoc4dfd1c7108; 2013-06-24 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    Edit: Reading your last post: Khazix jungle, especially after the nerf to his W, is not on par to some other junglers I believe. It is playable and certainly more common than Jayce jungle, but do note that old guides that factor in the increased damage on his evolved W can be missleading.
    thx, well i m thinking now and squeezing in some more rp and buy both ty for advice

Don't buy 6300 champs on new accounts, it's never worth it, much better to have few 1350 champs that you can use in various compositions since there are some really amazing cheap champs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donderion View Post
    Don't buy 6300 champs on new accounts, it's never worth it, much better to have few 1350 champs that you can use in various compositions since there are some really amazing cheap champs.
    I'd like to (partly) disagree.
    First of all, gigi12 never stated an account level. Not everyone thinks directly about ranked games. "To start playing ranked" can mean anything from a fresh level 30 to a veteran who just never played ranked before. It can't mean a low level account, because those have to level first anyways before they can think about ranked.
    Second, your point is theoretically true. What you shouldn't forget, however, is that many people prefer to play champions that they actually enjoy instead of what's more cost efficient.

As an example, I bought Ashe, Soraka and Cho'gath (cheap champions) and don't really enjoy them. Kennen, Zyra and Nami (expensive champions) on the other hand are my favourites and I rather have those than 12 1350 IP champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    As an example, I bought Ashe, Soraka and Cho'gath (cheap champions) and don't really enjoy them. Kennen, Zyra and Nami (expensive champions) on the other hand are my favourites and I rather have those than 12 1350 IP champions.
    But that's what *you* think. You gotta take that in mind.

The reasons that buying cheaper champions is, in my opinion, better;

1) They are usually a lot more simple to use
    2) You can afford more of them
    3) In the case that you bought a champion you don't like, it'll still feel less wasted than if that happened with a 6300 champ
    4) Champions get reduced in price over time, so that might put a 6300 champ you want down to 4800, for example

Just my two cents on that matter.

Should I buy Xerath? He's so underpayed...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    But that's what *you* think. You gotta take that in mind.
    But that's exactly what I said. Or rather, meant.

He stated his opinion as a fact, using strong words like "never". I tell him, it's theoretically right, but he has to take the person's opinion into account.
    Then I stated my opinion as an example.

Not sure what you understood, though.

Edit:
    Xerath is soon getting a rework, you might want to look at that and then decide.
    Currently he isn't bad, more of a niche pick.
    Last edited by mmoc57f2e09b5b; 2013-06-24 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone0203 View Post
    He does need a pay raise
    but if you play aram a good bit he is good on howling abyss. I know that much lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Xerath is strong...just takes a very particular mindset and style to make it work.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Still trying to find "my" top champion. I'm looking at Irelia, or Riven to buy next. Opinions?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    So I'm close to hitting 6300 IP again and I am debatting with myself if i should get another champion or buy an additional rune page.

I feel I have an well balanced roster of champions right now. I can fill any lane without getting severely outpicked and can play most champions decently. Although both Top and Mid are limited to 2 or 3 champions due to me almost never getting to play it. i do have more champions then the ones listed down here. But I'm nowhere near the level of play on those then the ones listed. (I prefer Jungle/Support)

Mid:
    Ahri
    Diana
    Morgana

Top:
    Elise
    Renekton

ADC:
    Caitlyn
    Tristana
    Miss Fortune

I actually have all support champions.

I was thinking of picking up Hecarim or Lee Sin to jungle with.

Current roster of most used junglers are: (in no particular order)
    Jarvan IV
    Udyr
    Sejuani
    Nasus
    Zac
    Nunu

Current Rune pages.

Page 1: Generic APC runes
    Page 2: Generic ADC runes
    Page 3: Support runes. Armor Marks / Armor Seals / Flat MR Glyphs / GP10 Quints
    Page 4: Generic Jungle Runes. AS Marks / Armor Seals / Flat MR Glyphs / AD Quints
    Page 5: MS Jungle Runes. AS Marks / Armor Seals / Flat MR Glyphs / AD Quints

Would it be beneficial for me to buy an additional Rune page or another champion? Also can somebody recommend mastering a champion you feel could round out my currently played champion pool more?

Thanks!