This is my curent specs:

I7 2600k OC @ 4.2Ghz

GigaByte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 (Rev. 1.0)

Gtx 560 Ti Frozen

8Gb 1333 Corsair (2x4gb)

Watercooler H70 Corsair

Case Haf 912

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very happy with this pc right now, but I was thinking in add another GTX 560 TI Frozen.. BUT i really don't know if this PSU will handle it. I can buy another viceo card but can't afford buy another PSU.. i just bought this one 3 weeks ago...

What are you guys thoughts?

With very high quality and very expensive 550W PSU you might be able to run SLI, but even if it was theoretically possible it's not recommended.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It might, big might, meet the requirements but after capacitor degradation you have the potential to damage components. There is currently a special on Corsair TX650W PSU's for $69.99 after MIR.

Check newegg's recommended PSU Calculator.

http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell...alc/index.html

I recently used it for my new computer, which is similar to yours, and it gave me an estimate of 505w consumption. But that's without taking into account future additions like extra HDDs etc.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    SLI gtx560 ti and overclocked cpu on a 550w? I personally wouldn't try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    I recently used it for my new computer, which is similar to yours, and it gave me an estimate of 505w consumption. But that's without taking into account future additions like extra HDDs etc.
    Overclocking the processor and 2 graphics cards can easily add 100-200W into the final numbers.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

At any PSU calculator says i should have at least 750w... And here it goes my dream to have SLI and play BF3 on max =/

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iplaytokill View Post
    At any PSU calculator says i should have at least 750w... And here it goes my dream to have SLI and play BF3 on max =/
    You didn't mention what power supply you already have.... while it's still not recommended we'll see what is capable of being done. I would suggest you look into Culadin's suggestion though about the Corsair PSU for $70 after MIR, I have the first of that line and it's a great PSU and that's a steal at that price. Plus it would allow you to SLI, as I know I have room to SLI with my GPU (same as yours) on my PSU.... I just have a stupid non-SLI motherboard. Damn you Asus!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You didn't mention what power supply you already have.... while it's still not recommended we'll see what is capable of being done. I would suggest you look into Culadin's suggestion though about the Corsair PSU for $70 after MIR, I have the first of that line and it's a great PSU and that's a steal at that price. Plus it would allow you to SLI, as I know I have room to SLI with my GPU (same as yours) on my PSU.... I just have a stupid non-SLI motherboard. Damn you Asus!
    This is my PSU
    http://www.amazon.com/PRO550W-Wired-...9038874&sr=8-1

The thing is, i live in brazil the things here are freaking expensive, so i payed for this PSU like 200BRL and it is almost $120... That's why i can't change my PSU right now =/

Deleted
    No, I would definiately not try. Get some XFX 750W for 85€ or something. It'll do the trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    No, I would definiately not try. Get some XFX 750W for 85€ or something. It'll do the trick.
    He'd be fine with a 650 watt though.
    "A flower.

Thanks for the tips guys, but i think i'll have to wait a long time to have that.. just wonder how well i'll play BF3.. funny thing is that i played BF3 beta with everything on max with 1920x1080 ... but single player is single player..

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips guys, but i think i'll have to wait a long time to have that.. just wonder how well i'll play BF3.. funny thing is that i played BF3 beta with everything on max with 1920x1080 ... but single player is single player..
    The max in beta was also not the max in the release version. ;p You will probably get medium to high settings at a decent fps. Decent being maybe around 40? Idk, I don't care too much for the game, but this is what I've gathered from all the folks who tested.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    High and ultra in beta= the same. Ultra is not released yet.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    High and ultra in beta= the same. Ultra is not released yet.
    Didn't know that.. anyway, the High is already " Damn" .. tbh, will not be that bad play in High then..

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 03:38 PM ----------

The max in beta was also not the max in the release version. ;p You will probably get medium to high settings at a decent fps. Decent being maybe around 40? Idk, I don't care too much for the game, but this is what I've gathered from all the folks who tested.
    I got 50 -55 fps with everything on High..
    Last edited by iplaytokill; 2011-10-19 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]

Didn't know that.. anyway, the High is already " Damn" .. tbh, will not be that bad play in High then..

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 03:38 PM ----------

I got 50 -55 fps with everything on High..
    Good deal, then I'd say definitely just wait to upgrade till you have the money and you're sure you want to pay for that difference, because quite simply, I'm not sure how big of a difference it'll be in the long run; but hey, SLI 560 Ti's DO fly right by a single 580.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    He'd be fine with a 650 watt though.
    If it's a good quality CPU, sure. If he plans on OCing any cards then it gets a shaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    If it's a good quality CPU, sure. If he plans on OCing any cards then it gets a shaky.
    Right now i have my gtx 560 ti oc as hawk.. how much fps increase it means? I could OC more? Do u guys know any site focused in OC gfx?

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now i have my gtx 560 ti oc as hawk.. how much fps increase it means? I could OC more? Do u guys know any site focused in OC gfx?
    My 560 Ti Twin Frozr II is also OC'd to Hawk standards, but honestly I can't OC mine further without screwing with the voltages, but honestly, it's already such a strong OC, I see no reason to push it further and start to really mess about.
    "A flower.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Overclockers.com does everything under the sun as far as oc'ing goes.