Thread: Laptop for LoL

Deleted

Laptop for LoL

Hi!

A friend of mine wants to buy laptop, because he is tired of always having to use the "family" laptop.

His budget is 500 euros max.

I have no idea what laptops are any good in this price range.

If any1 could recommend me a few, that would be great.

He just needs it for some schoolwork (word, powerpoint, ..), browsing, skype and running LoL (on high pref) with a decent framerate.

Thank you.
    Last edited by mmoc9e3819584c; 2011-10-20 at 01:36 AM.

500 euros won't get you a laptop that's very good for gaming. You should be able to find one that can run it but not on high settings.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My handy conversion app on iPhone states that's a USD of $683.84. Let's see, a large warehouse electronics store called Fry's Electronics usually sells a cheap Black Friday laptop for around $500-600. Trust me, its not enough money for a laptop that's intended to do more than Facebook and Farmville. Now an entry level gaming desktop can run you about that much if he doesn't mind the lack of portability. If he really needs a laptop then he's going to need to save around $1100-1200 (804-877 Euro). I ended up spending about $1300 on my last laptop (Before my crazy $3000 Alienware M18x) and that played World of Warcraft on medium/high settings until the end of WoLK!
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Isendar View Post
    My handy conversion app on iPhone states that's a USD of $683.84. Let's see, a large warehouse electronics store called Fry's Electronics usually sells a cheap Black Friday laptop for around $500-600. Trust me, its not enough money for a laptop that's intended to do more than Facebook and Farmville. Now an entry level gaming desktop can run you about that much if he doesn't mind the lack of portability. If he really needs a laptop then he's going to need to save around $1100-1200 (804-877 Euro). I ended up spending about $1300 on my last laptop (Before my crazy $3000 Alienware M18x) and that played World of Warcraft on medium/high settings until the end of WoLK!
    Just want to point out... you can't convert currency like that when you're talking about computer parts.
    Electronics are generally more expensive in europe.... especially with the VAT tax added to everything.
    500 euros is probably more like $550 in when talking about computer parts.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um...

Basically any laptop? I mean, really, basically any laptop without Intel GMA GPU.

It's not crysis 2 we're talking about, it's LoL...