Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I would prefer the reviews to focus on that. If I wanted single player rpg's with story I would go back to consoles. Hearing more about the mmorpg parts is what interest me.
    People don't write reviews to please you specifically.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not Star Wars Galaxies too, but there's tons of group content from the very get-go to the very end. Honestly the fact that people are still even questioning this are pretty much trolling IMO.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Even if it is more of a single player game - I'm fine with that.
    I'm interested in this game because of the story, not because I want to run dungeons or battlegrounds 24/7, I can do that in WoW already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even IF the focus in SWTOR would be on solo play (and I'm sure it's not) I would still play it since I absolutely loved Kotor1&2 and almost every Bioware RPG in general (I realise kotor2 was made by Obisidian). Haven't played the beta, but I'm sure the mmo part will be just as strong as the rpg one in SWTOR, a rare thing really, since most mmorpgs these days tend to neglect the "rpg".

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people would stop acting like this game was designed by Funcom instead of a reputable company known for pleasing its customers. Bioware has never tried to pull the wool over our eyes yet, why cant people give them the benefit that they are producing exactly what they say they are producing, a AAA MMORPG based in the Star Wars universe.

lvling is single player if you make it/want it to be single player.

Hey Pure you might want to read this. It's an older article for SWTOR that's been out for quite awhile. This article is all about group content at low levels.

http://www.curse.com/news/star-wars-...-old-republics

Overall looks like positive reviews. Only negatives I see are things we knew about already. It's a themepark mmorpg, not a sandbox and not an action-mmo.

Oh and as others have said, this game has more group content while leveling than other themepark mmorpgs (wow, lotro, etc) so thinking this is just a single player game is only for those who think that sandbox is the only "true" mmorpg.

WoW while leveling had group quest
    There are definately group quests while leveling.
    There's a world pvp planet.

I really don't see how this makes it an exclusively single player game.

Can't really say much about it until the NDA gets lifted.

The worst thing about the NDA is that I can't give in-game examples to prove how fucking retarded some people are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    The worst thing about the NDA is that I can't give in-game examples to prove how fucking retarded some people are.
    word

oh well, will be lifted soon no doubt

just because the single player part is much much better than in other mmos, that doesnt mean there is any less MMO content. there are group quests, lots of dungeons, raids, open pvp an battlegrounds, whate more MMO could you possibly want?

Deleted
    The guys reviewing the game seem to forget the game is in BETA with a very limited number of players and a strict leash on what they can and can't test.

Once the game is out and the servers are full I'm sure they'd change their opinions on most things when theres a buzzing social community. Cantina roleplay anyone?

are those screenshots from the mmorpg.com review new by the way? especially the top one looks amazing, I dont think I have ever seen a screen or video that looked that good from this game

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    are those screenshots from the mmorpg.com review new by the way? especially the top one looks amazing, I dont think I have ever seen a screen or video that looked that good from this game
    They were not allowed to use their own screen shots, which one are you talking about? mmorpg.com had a few different articles.

WoW while leveling had group quest
    Rift was solo leveling, but had zone events to group with people
    Aion had campaigns that required groups and forts that required hundreds
    WAR required hundreds for pvp

I feel like this question is going to come up alot and it is important. I can take down a single player rpg in 30 days very easily and for people like me looking for a long term MMO I need more reviews.
    And you think that TOR doesn't have any of these elements in some way shape or form? Are you even in beta? If so, have you even actually leveled out of the starting zone? If you really think that SWTOR is just one big single player, then what exactly are the MMOs that you listed to you?

Also, beta is beta. All you can do is give an impression, not an actual review until the game has been released. Whatever you have to say about the game now can/will change 2 months from now.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by torftw View Post
    They were not allowed to use their own screen shots, which one are you talking about? mmorpg.com had a few different articles.
    the one the thread opener has linked. yes its an official screenshot but i have not seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    the one the thread opener has linked. yes its an official screenshot but i have not seen it before.
    Oh duh, been so overloaded with info today I forgot that the post here didn't list everything. That first picture of the trooper running down the hallway was the newest facebook image of the week. As for the other ones you are right, they do look new.

Just about all MMO's released in the last 5 years or so has been a 'single player RPG' more or less sans the instance runs, pvp, and group quests. What differentiates SWTOR from the others will be based on the successful of its story-driven experience, which is their main selling point to most poeple, including myself (not to say I don't care about "WoW in Space!" or what not, it's just what I'm looking forward to, the most)

Gone are the days of Vanilla FFXI and Everquest where you had to group with someone in order to get anything done, whether you're level 10 or 100 or whatever. Marketers and developers alike know that schedules like that simply aren't feasible to most people, and that making a game would like that would force the customer to literally set aside time for the game, whether than hopping on whenever they get a few moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    And you think that TOR doesn't have any of these elements in some way shape or form? Are you even in beta? If so, have you even actually leveled out of the starting zone? If you really think that SWTOR is just one big single player, then what exactly are the MMOs that you listed to you?

Also, beta is beta. All you can do is give an impression, not an actual review until the game has been released. Whatever you have to say about the game now can/will change 2 months from now.
    If the article I linked in my last post on this topic is any indication, then you don't even need to level out of the starting zone to try group content. Starter planets according to that article do have group activities, but they're kind of separated from everything else so you actually have to go looking for it, it wont just be handed to you.