Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    If the article I linked in my last post on this topic is any indication, then you don't even need to level out of the starting zone to try group content. Starter planets according to that article do have group activities, but they're kind of separated from everything else so you actually have to go looking for it, it wont just be handed to you.
    True. Heroic areas are duly labelled, all the way from the very first leveling zone (example: the first one on Tython is tuned for a lvl 6-9 group). The group quests you get for those areas are optional, same as most group content in most games, but there's certainly no shortage of available group content while leveling.

Doesnt the OP get banned every other month for trolling, or for bashing SWTOR?

A lot of people who play mmo's are casual players (people who have a small amount of time to play), so looking for another person to group with can be a hassle. So that's one of the reasons why WoW stopped doing them. Grouping is not popular.

I played WoW for 10 months, and doing dungeons turned into chore, you couldn't look around and enjoy the scenery because people wanted to get the dungeon over with and head into the next dungeon. Unfortunately this was a by product of people farming, which WoW set in motion, the endless grind. Hopefully the grind will be more fun in SWTOR.

Reviews aren't worth it until the whole picture can be seen, when it's out for the general public.

PS
    I still want fishing.

Dungeons/Flashpoints are optional but are integrated into the plot, at least the first one is. Also I have seen many videos where characters group up so overall I think you are just overreacting.

The game focuses on story AND it seems like group play is more important then it ever was in WoW. So far TOR leaks/reviews have avoided showing most endgame and I've already seen more examples of group play for lower levels then I can even remember WoW has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this review, I like his approach. Not too many spoilers, especially if your not going Republic.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...blic-part-one/

I'd add that the name of this thread is off, a review would require them to get to the end at least, and for an MMO should be on live servers to get a fair representation of the game. Since they mostly only talk about the starter planets it would be impressions or preview.

That said, the single player rpg thing really is off, if they were to have bothered to group up with someone and start a world quest dialogue, they should join in together on the conversation. That isn't even talking about flashpoints, pvp, operations, or group quests.

EDIT: didn't recognize ya there trolls, like the new avatar. It is quite befitting the time of the year and your mighty position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post

EDIT: didn't recognize ya there trolls, like the new avatar. It is quite befitting the time of the year and your mighty position.
    Halloween avatar ftw!
    I have no power. =p

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    WoW while leveling had group quest
    Rift was solo leveling, but had zone events to group with people
    Aion had campaigns that required groups and forts that required hundreds
    WAR required hundreds for pvp

I feel like this question is going to come up alot and it is important. I can take down a single player rpg in 30 days very easily and for people like me looking for a long term MMO I need more reviews.
    Do you really think there isn't going to be group content? Each planet has about 4+ "heroic" (group) quests (which are amazing). Not to mention you'll always have a Flashpoint (dungeon) to run no matter what your level is. There is plenty of group content.

Deleted
    Well I've chosen to ignore the fact these "reviews" are out... Game Reviews are something I learned to ignore years ago when I used to read the nintendo and PS2 Magazines. Many games have been given rubbish scores or bad reviews that have turned out a lot better imo than what these idiots that get paid to play them said.

Many of the views I've heard about them have made me laugh....

Single player RPG in an MMO Setting?! when was the last time that guy played WoW? or levelled in ANY of the recent MMO's? (rift as a prime example). Also with the LFG tools, there is little to no need for interaction with other players... they may as well be bots.... atleast bioware isn't caving to the (for lack of a better word) fucktards that think LFG's are good for games... they're not. they kill communitys which is what you need in an MMO. I would also be willing to bet that SWTOR has MORE group content than WoW (not including instances and raids)

complaining about the load times between open world and cinematic?!.... fuck sake... if that's all you have to complain about, you're just assuring me that my CE preorder was a good decision.....

Rigid story that didn't flow and felt "fake"...... lol, really??? has this guy played WoW?

Basing how the rest of the game is going to play on 10-20 hours of gameplay?!...... what the actual fuck. When I first played WoW, I played 6-7 hours the first day, the game felt completely different then to what it did at level 60...... heck even level 30 it felt completely different to level 10....

So at the end of the day, I really don't understand how these "reviewers" think they can give accurate impressions on the game when they have only experienced roughly 5% of the content.....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Official reviews posted
    First link is a preview...

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    I would also be willing to bet that SWTOR has MORE group content than WoW (not including instances and raids)
    Your bet would win you some money. Heroic sub-zones (requiring 2-4 players) are everywhere in ToR. At least 1-4 per zone. And plenty of quests to go along with them. And no LFG system, yet. You gotta form groups the old fashioned way... "/1 LF healer and dps for Black Talon"

10+ Year Old Account
    1-4 per zone is a big understatement. =)

Try 4-10+ per planet.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    No. Just the majority of us actually know more about the game than them, so when they post a load of rubbish and claim "It's Official", a lot of head-desking occurs. Watching reviewers attempting to write an unbiased review on TOR is like watching Fox News trying to do an unbiased report on Obama; it just does not happen, and it's hilarious when they claim to be unbiased.
    This.....and my opinion of the game will come when i get to play SWTOR, I dont let any review tell me what to think about the game Ill decide on my own thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    You gotta form groups the old fashioned way... "/1 LF healer and dps for Black Talon"
    This is one of the things that has me most excited for this game. In my opinion, a community makes or breaks an mmo. Its the reason I quit wow, but hopefully this game will end up doing things right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Your bet would win you some money. Heroic sub-zones (requiring 2-4 players) are everywhere in ToR. At least 1-4 per zone. And plenty of quests to go along with them. And no LFG system, yet. You gotta form groups the old fashioned way... "/1 LF healer and dps for Black Talon"
    Just wanna point out no healers or tanks needed for BT

Of course it's an MMORPG. I mean the acronym means Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.....it does not stand for Massively Mandatory-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    Just wanna point out no healers or tanks needed for BT
    You don't NEED them, but goddamn is it a lot simpler with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reah View Post
    Of course it's an MMORPG. I mean the acronym means Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.....it does not stand for Massively Mandatory-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing game.
    Exactly. There is open world group content early on, from lvl 4 I believe and continues steadily with lots of heroic quests and questlines. From what Ive read winning the dialogue roll is alot of fun, seeing ur own character making the decisions. Anyway, Id say Swtor is more of an MMO than WoW is atm. In WoW you can basically solo up to the end and the instances you do along the way are not MMO they are multiplayer (thank you cross-realm LFG tool).

Ofc there are groups quests in swtor but you can do them with you'r companion.It's all up to the player how he wanna play it.You can play it as singleplayer rpg or mmo.I like the choice.

Deleted
    Reviews before release.. is crap.

Its not based on the final game and couldnt be taken serious.

Sorry, waste of time.