Other MMOs to try?

Hello MMO-Champ community!

I've been lurking around the forums far too often, and I find myself getting sucked into the occasional QQ thread.

So, I've realized that I need to move on from WoW. Are there any other games that people here could recommend?

I appreciate it. :P

-SS

Hmm... never played.

I should let you know, in looking back on why I played WoW, I need a game that has a good setting/lore. So, I'd appreciate only replies that cater to that in mind.

Thanks!

IMO, all the older MMOs aren't even worth trying these days. They were great when they were new, but now the community is gone and the things made the games so great just aren't there anymore either. As bored as I am with WoW and I have a slight hatred for it, it still raised the standards for other MMOs and it pretty much killed every other game in its genre when it was released. I'm hoping SW:TOR and GW2 can save us from that. Rift sure didn't, I played it for 4 months or so and was as bored with it as I was with WoW after years.

I've played lots of MMOs over the last 10-11 years like Asherons Call, Dark Ages of Camelot, Anarchy Online, a bunch of random f2ps, and beta'd various games. Right now there just isn't any other MMO worth playing, but that's all just my opinion.

Deleted
    LotRO
    Allods Online

These are two great F2P ones.

Deleted
    DCUO is going free to play on the 1st of November Nothing to lose from trying it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea i just beat mass effect in 2 days..... ToR isnt up yet.... im done with WoW for now.... what else is there to play??
    im a big FPS guy so ive been playing Combat Arms but i would like a mmo to play... are these F2P mmos any good??

A couple friends of mine are playing the F2P Korean-Engrish Hell gate London. I think I might try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnystormy View Post
    Hello MMO-Champ community!

I've been lurking around the forums far too often, and I find myself getting sucked into the occasional QQ thread.

So, I've realized that I need to move on from WoW. Are there any other games that people here could recommend?

I appreciate it. :P

-SS
    Currently released and with a free trial available to evaluate the game is Rift. UI is much like WoW so there isn't much of learning curve. Plenty of videos and discussion here on MMO Champs in the sub forums. Definitely worth a try

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/338-Rift

Deleted
    If you like a good story, atlantica online is really well written, and also from what I have played of Fallen Earth (went free to play last week) the writing is good in that too. Otherwise I guess SWTOR is going to really excel in this area shame its still 2 months from release.