Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Ragnaros 25 Heroic - Holy Priest PoV movie

Just thought I'd share this, since the Priest forum seems kinda slow these days. My guild is <Ad Infinitum> of Neptulon EU. My spec and gear setup can be seen on my Armory, in my signature.

My guild didn't actually have a Rag movie, and I just got a new computer, so I figured I'd fraps a farm kill. I played kinda sloppy, I guess, but it will do. I don't like having music on kill videos, and I prefer to just have Vent. We usually run 4 healers on this fight, but we're running with 5 on this kill. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxBMMRksTwI

Clean kill. Very solid work

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. Shame our Fury Warrior died, otherwise it would have been flawless.

Hello Tihr,

My raid roster has been working for a while on ragnaros 10man heroic, but they recently asked me to heal it as a holy priest. The other healer is a holy paladin.
    Obviously, I'll be focusing more the raid than he does.

I looked at your 25 man video and could clearly see which spells you use to heal trought differents mechanics raid damage.
    Do you think it would be a similar use of spells in 10 man?

Also, being unable to obtain shard of woe, I'm hesitating between Darkmoon Card: Tsunami and Eye of the blazing power as my second trinket (Jaws being the first one)
    which one would you reccommend?

Any other tips you're willing to give out would be very much appreciated

Is the Eye HC? If it is I think it would beat Tsunami since it gives more than 100 intellect and the Chance on Heal is not bad either...

I haven't done this fight myself so can't say if the regen (w/o Tsunami) will be enough
    Kaeldin the Flamebreaker, lvl 85 Blood Elf Priest [Grim Batol EU]

There is never enough haste to compensate for bad DPS or a stupid tank.
    You can't heal stupidity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very nice video. Bit fun to see "mirror image" of our tactics But it is like looking at myself there (I play Holy Priest too, but no kill yet). What amount of healers you find optimal?
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2011-10-25 at 02:05 PM.

Both jaws and eye would be heroic mode of course. Our healers (and the one ill be replacing this fight) have all the trinkets they need, so the next set is mine if I decide to take both. I was curious about tsunami because I'm thinking holy priest's healing might rotate more around regen with our 80% of spirit transfered to regen. I might be proven wrong thought

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtear View Post
    Hello Tihr,

My raid roster has been working for a while on ragnaros 10man heroic, but they recently asked me to heal it as a holy priest. The other healer is a holy paladin.
    Obviously, I'll be focusing more the raid than he does.

I looked at your 25 man video and could clearly see which spells you use to heal trought differents mechanics raid damage.

Also, being unable to obtain shard of woe, I'm hesitating between Darkmoon Card: Tsunami and Eye of the blazing power as my second trinket (Jaws being the first one)

Any other tips you're willing to give out would be very much appreciated
    I've been working on Rag 10 hc as holy, and from my experience I'd suggest you take the Tsunami over the Eye since the fight is quite long and can get tight on mana especially while the team learns the fight and will most likely take unnecessary damage till they get used to it.

That said, my setup has no replenishment so I may be trying to push more regen when it wouldn't be necessary depending on the setup. I think the best thing to do is to try both trinkets and see if you do need the regen or whether you can manage without.
    Last edited by mmoc76daca7658; 2011-10-25 at 03:03 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtear View Post

I can see Renew being better in 25 than in 10, because there's so many 'pauses' between damage, so you can just slap a Renew up, and it will barely overheal. In 25 man, we use 4 healers usually, so it's not unusual to see people sitting at about 75% health for a few seconds.

Also, I'd use the Tsunami over the Eye. The fight can be pretty mana intensive. I use my Fiend along with my Hymn of Hope before the second set of seeds, again at the start of phase 3, and again about half way through phase 4. You can pop a Potion of Concentration on the phase 4 transition too.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Very nice video. Bit fun to see "mirror image" of our tactics But it is like looking at myself there (I play Holy Priest too, but no kill yet). What amount of healers you find optimal?
    We find four to be the best. We can usually push one meteor, with four healers, and four legendaries in our raid.
    Last edited by Tihr; 2011-10-25 at 03:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is some nice Dps Tihr. Thanks for the answer!