Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How are you thoughts on companion Blizz for Bounty Hunter

Hey,
    The question says it all.

How do you like bioware's joke on blizzard, on naming one of player's companions blizz ? Namely Bounty Hunter companion.

Here is the link http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blizz

Cheers,

I don't see a problem with it. Should I be upset?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I play WoW and I approve of this 100%, although it might be a little demeaning to the poor little jawa.. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf'd pet = good name

Do I think it's a jab at blizzard? no...
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Well what the heck else are they supposed to be named? I mean, I'm sure someone with more detailed knowledge of Star Wars lore can probably rattle off a few Jawa names, but they can't all be called Utini can they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz is found on Hoth and got his nickname from kicking up a Blizzard of a ruckus during some confrontation.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Well one could take this as a message to Blizzard, lets take a look at this real quick.

1. A new MMO that's been hyped as a WoW killer.
    2. A Bounty Hunter from Star Wars is paid to capture, kill or take control over a subject.
    3. The companion for the Bounty Hunter is in a sense there student, so in other words, the Bounty Hunter owns or is schooling his/her companion.
    4. To name the small underling Blizz controlled by one of the most iconic assassin classes in Star Wars sounds like a direct shot at Blizzard and as a clear message.

Of all the names to name companions I'm 100% sure this was not a coincidence.
    Last edited by warjin; 2011-10-21 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warjin View Post
    Well one could take this as a message to Blizzard, lets take a look at this real quick.

2. A Bounty Hunter from Star Wars is paid to capture, kill or take control over a subject.
    3. The companion for the Bounty Hunter is in a sense there student, so in other words, the Bounty Hunter owns or is schooling his/her companion.
    4. To name the small underling Blizz controlled by one of the most iconic assassin classes in Star Wars sounds like a direct shot at Blizzard and as a clear message.

Someone's reading way to much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Someone's reading way to much into it.
    \
    lol maybe, but like I said of all the names to choose Blizz seems more shot at Blizzard then not.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it WAS meant as a dig(which tbh I doubt)... then it's SERIOUSLY backfired :P EVERYONE I've spoken to agrees that blizz is the cutest and bestest companion there is, and alot of people are rolling BH's just so they can use him.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm sure that it is a reference to Blizzard, but I doubt that anything other than a cute reference is all that was meant. Bioware isn't trying to "TAKE A STAB AT EVIL BLIZZARD".

You guys act like Bioware hates Blizzard, when Bioware players have been WoW players themselves and Blizzard laid the ground for MMORPGs being as popular as they are today. Large companies aren't petty.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Blizz is found on Hoth and got his nickname from kicking up a Blizzard of a ruckus during some confrontation.
    \
    lol maybe, but like I said of all the names to choose Blizz seems more shot at Blizzard then not.
    I think I like Trolls logic better.

ARGHHHHH *puts on his tinfoil hat*

Deleted
    How can u understand if its a male ?
    Wait for a wind to blow up ?
    Last edited by mmocbeb563a6f8; 2011-10-21 at 07:43 AM.

Jawa carrying a bazooka the same size as himself. What's not to love?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think it's a jab a Blizzard at all
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure there's no deep meaning to it.

I doubt Bioware and Blizzard hate eachother just because they're going to be in competition.

if anything, Blizzard should be proud. Blizz is by far the most cute, loved, badass companion in the game. And his voice is pretty funny