Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gamestop Early Access codes

Hey guys I went tonight and pre-ordered the game from gamestop. When I asked about the early access code he looked and said it would be on the receipt, when he printed it he said there was nothing there go to the website and look what you have to do so I did and it says nothing so I did a few more searches about access codes from gamestop and I found like 3 things

1. They don't give access codes
    2. They just don't have anymore
    3. You get them some how from your powerup card.

I don't have any from the powerup card the guy has no clue what it is and I would really like early access if that's still available. I heard if I pre-order from say amazon that I can still get the key is this true anyone have some insight on how to still get a key from gamestop or any other way?

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of had a similar issue when I pre-ordered my copy back when they first came out. I didn't get an access code at all and when I found out about them online (maybe 5 days later) I simply emailed Gamestop and they sent me a code in an email. I'd try doing something like that before I went and tried anything else.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Gamestop has run out of Early Access codes (or so I've read on the official forums). You can try amazon, not sure if they've run out or not.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Some vendors have run out of early access codes. I don't know for sure which has run out and which hasn't, but I've heard in some cases it takes a few days but they'll actually email you your code.

I thought I heard somewhere that some GameStops have run out and some haven't. Perhaps there's a customer service number you can call?

(I ordered mine direct from EA/Origin, worked like a charm.)

15+ Year Old Account
    dont expect to get a copie on released day, sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    I preordered it back in June or July and got a dvd case with all the codes in it. But that was for the european collector's edition.
    I'm not sure if that changes anything.
    But if I check my account on SWTOR.com I see when I preordered and what I'm getting for it. (the colouring stone and early access. Friend of mine also said something about beta access for this weekend but I'll only believe that when I se it.

I know in talking to friends of mine who work the Gamestop in my town that they ran out of early access codes to combine with their preorders quite a while ago.

However I preordered my CE off of Walmart.com about 2 days ago and my code is being fed-ex'd to me as we speak, perhaps you should try there.

Rule nr 1 when pre ordering shit is to check if the original distributer of the game, in this case EA, have an online store. If they do, then always go there.

"But people say that origin is shit!"

Yes people say this, and once upon a time this might have been a problem, but as it is right now, its working like a charm. So there is no reason to worry.

EA stor/Origin still has early access codes so go there if possible!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    Rule nr 1 when pre ordering shit is to check if the original distributer of the game, in this case EA, have an online store. If they do, then always go there.

"But people say that origin is shit!"

Yes people say this, and once upon a time this might have been a problem, but as it is right now, its working like a charm. So there is no reason to worry.

EA stor/Origin still has early access codes so go there if possible!
    And the fact origin will only be used to purchase the game... once its released you wont need to use it... you will download the client from swtor.com and that will have a launcher similar to WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbstryker View Post
    Hey guys I went tonight and pre-ordered the game from gamestop. When I asked about the early access code he looked and said it would be on the receipt, when he printed it he said there was nothing there go to the website and look what you have to do so I did and it says nothing so I did a few more searches about access codes from gamestop and I found like 3 things

1. They don't give access codes
    2. They just don't have anymore
    3. You get them some how from your powerup card.

I don't have any from the powerup card the guy has no clue what it is and I would really like early access if that's still available. I heard if I pre-order from say amazon that I can still get the key is this true anyone have some insight on how to still get a key from gamestop or any other way?
    I believe that GameStop is not only out of codes for one reason or another, but they are preselling copies they are not guaranteed to get on release day. To be perfectly honest, this late in the game, your best bet is a digital copy to be sure you receive Early Access and the ability to play on launch day. Thats just my opinion, but Im seeing WoW release woes all over again with the incredible demand for this game.

Especially if the rumors about restricting the number of copies available at launch to balance server load (so they don't wind up with a thousand ghost servers) turns out to be true.

15+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered from gamestop and got the email with the code about 3 days later. (July 30th)

I'd stay away from Gamestop myself. Not that you have many better options, these days, it's just a matter of which devil you decide to sleep with.

In my case, I found out about SW:ToR's launch date the hour they announced it. I immediately called all my local Gamestop's, and all had no more Collector's Editions, nor regular editions available. I went online to Gamestop.com, and preordered a CE. On my order ticket, it said it would be available to pick up in store on the 20th at the location of my choosing. I waited a full 10 days, never got a Preorder code. Called Gamestop, they told me they were all out (despite charging my card already!). They proceeded to inform me that they made a mistake and would not be able to fill my order of the Collector's Edition until early February 2012. (!) I told them to lick a railroad spike, and proceeded to cancel my order.

I'm currently Pre-Ordered with Best Buy. They've sent me my Preorder code, though unfortunately their guarantee of having my CE in on launch day is as dubious as GameStop.

Here's to hoping. At least I have my Preorder code though.

GameStop stopped advertising Early Access on their website a month or so ago. If you still have it preordered, try contacting GameStop customer service headquarters. Some people said they had luck that way in getting a code - no guarantees, but I imagine it was pulled from the codes they reserved (ie getting really close to the end).

Unfortunately, from my experience, pre-ordering from gamestop has been a mistake. First there was the Deus Ex thing where they removed the OnLive codes or whatever. With SWTOR, they have "ran out" of the pre order codes. I had to call corporate customer service to get mine 2 months late (I waited entirely too long to do this but I gave them benefit of the doubt). I can't wait for Dec. 20th to not only play SWTOR but to not deal with them again. Fool me once...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Especially if the rumors about restricting the number of copies available at launch to balance server load (so they don't wind up with a thousand ghost servers) turns out to be true.
    If you got a pre-order code, you should have your copy of the game for the release date.
    Except if you pre-ordered at future-shop, they send it 2 weeks late and sell your copy in the store. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    I have pre-ordered all of my games through game stop, got early access code bout a month ago, no issues. Never have had an issue with GS ever.

Deleted
    Last week I finally pre-ordered the game in a known store I, luckily, have near home. After 3 days I received a DVD case with a pre-order code in it. It was the normal version of the game, not the collector one.
    On release day I'll just pick it up in the store, a 5 min walk that will take eternity in my mind LOL

@Pbstryker did you ever get a code?
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I pre-ordered from gamestop and got the email with the code about 3 days later. (July 30th)
    same for me (september 17th)