What's up with Jedi Shadow (w/o brking NDA)?

Seriously, I think there are extended play vids of every other AC.

does anyone have links to some shadow vids, or would like to share some experiances from convention/beta play time?

If it'd be too hard to divulge w/o breaking NDA then say so and mods can lock.

I'm just really interested in the whole rogue w/lightsaber thing and want to know what's up with them.

Tnx a bunch

There's not much of a what's up to discuss. You can tank with them or dps with them, and they use the double-bladed saber staff. As dps they play like a rogue with force powers, and use stealth and positional attacks as their melee arsenal. None of this is NDA-breaking - it's all publicly readable at: http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes

I guess I should be more specific.

I've read, for instance, that they are very hard to play (dps), but do very well if you can play them (like a sub rogue).

I'm wondering if this is the case and if the info would be anti nda?

The type of info you want would break the NDA.

It's much too early to be ably to tell you this information yet. Very few people have much of an idea how to play their classes "correctly" at this point in any Beta. Plus a lot of people, naturally, would probably be trying out a lot of classes just to see the starting areas or the basics of how classes play in order to figure out who they want to play on release, so they probably never make it past level 20.

Furthermore, I would doubt the truthfulness of the poster, since what he said would break the NDA. I look at it this way: If someone doesn't tell the truth to Bioware when he says he will honor the NDA, I see no reason to believe him now, when he shows he was lying by breaking the NDA. Why would you believe anything written by an admitted liar, which is what everyone who breaks the NDA is?

Honestly, I can tell you from my Beta experience to just play what you want to play - the advanced classes are all fun. And I'm pretty sure I'm not breaking the NDA saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    It's much too early to be ably to tell you this information yet. Very few people have much of an idea how to play their classes "correctly" at this point in any Beta. Plus a lot of people, naturally, would probably be trying out a lot of classes just to see the starting areas or the basics of how classes play in order to figure out who they want to play on release, so they probably never make it past level 20.
    You would be extremely surprised at how much people put into learning they're classes in BETA.

Some people have re-rolled the same AC through every character wipe and gone to max level......

BETA is BETA some things will change, i think the OP is one of those people that want to play a hard spec either for A. The challenge of a harder rotation or
    B. I'm cool because I play a sub-rogue and all other class rotations are lawl

10+ Year Old Account
    I will tell you as having played a rogue in WoW for 6 years that JS is nothing like playing a rogue for 6 years in WoW

that is all I can say

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Read this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=415390. No NDA broken and should answer all of your questions. None of the classes are WoW clones so you're just going to have to do your reading and try things when the game is released.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    You would be extremely surprised at how much people put into learning they're classes in BETA.

Some people have re-rolled the same AC through every character wipe and gone to max level......
    No, that wouldn't surprise me at all. All I do is laugh at those people.

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    None of the classes are WoW clones so you're just going to have to do your reading and try things when the game is released.
    That really depends on how you define "clone."

Deleted
    As far as I've been told, a Shadow is MUCH more comparable to an enhancement shaman. Granted, It's got stealth, but apart from that - its very much like an enhancement shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    I will tell you as having played a rogue in WoW for 6 years that JS is nothing like playing a rogue for 6 years in WoW
    A bit off-topic, but if I were you I'd get out of the habit of calling Jedi Shadow "JS" now, since it could also mean Jedi Sage or Jedi Sentinel.

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sneglzilla View Post
    As far as I've been told, a Shadow is MUCH more comparable to an enhancement shaman. Granted, It's got stealth, but apart from that - its very much like an enhancement shaman.
    I disagree with that.

That really depends on how you define "clone."
    The game itself is very similar to WoW, but imo I dont see any of the classes being carbon copies of WoW classes. There are of course similarities and obviously you have the standard tank, dps, healing roles, but I dont personally think anyone going from WoW to TOR is going to feel like they're playing the same class in a new environment. Obviously I cant go into details but that's my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit off-topic, but if I were you I'd get out of the habit of calling Jedi Shadow "JS" now, since it could also mean Jedi Sage or Jedi Sentinel.

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 12:15 PM ----------

I disagree with that.
    Oh I know and wouldn't have, but since the OP was talking about shadow I assumed people would put the two together. And I agree with your disagreement 100%. I played an enhance shammy for half of BC/wrath and I don't see why people compare shadow to that at all.

Look, I've played several different AC so far and I can't say any of them play like any other classes in WoW. At least not to me. But do you want this game to feel like you are playing a reskined WoW? I sure don't want to feel that.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing. This topic just can't be covered without breaking the NDA.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net