Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Focus on a Horde vs. Alliance war"?

So... a PvP expansion?!

I play on a PvE server for a reason, I am interested in content and story - not how big my e-peen is.
    How could Blizzard throw away all that WoW is?
    Is it the fact that they don't want to hire the resources to make a truly rich PvE content patch?
    Nothing against PvP for those who enjoy it, but setting up PvP scenarios doesn't require nearly the content development that PvE requires. Only need open areas where players can hack and slash each other till the cows come home.
    Last edited by Vaalyn; 2011-10-21 at 07:43 PM. Reason: additional info

Actually, that idea sounded pretty epic. I'm a little underwhelmed by the panda-themed trailer, but an expansion focused on bringing back the war in warcraft sounds extremely cool.

In they end they'll unite us for our battle against Sargeras in the next expansion.

I am so excited about what kind of pvp additions this exp will bring, along the new lore and pvp, it's about time we get back to warring between factions, instead of gettin another godly super villain to trouble our asses
    "Observe, Learn, Improve"

Do you honestly think they are going to let their cash cow that is pve fall by the way side? They didnt say there were going to be no raids, there just is'nt going to be a main villian like Arthas in wrath and Deathwing in cata. Trust me there will still be plenty of bad guys to slay.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted
    If you ask me it sounds like they're trying to give a little off both, so like the PVP'ers are happy, and the PVE'ers are happy and not whinning all the time(LOL JK PEOPLE NOT WHINNING IN WOW? /SARCASM OFF)

I bet there will be minimum PVP involved lol.

Deleted
    i doubt it will be all pvp quests.

more likely your doing quests fight horde/alliance npc's. and perhaps one of the zones will feature grizzly hill like quest. although did anyone ever bother with those?
    i never did cause the rewards were too quickly outdated. however if they will make lvl 90 rewards. then pvp related quests could prove too be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    I play on a PvE server for a reason, I am interested in content and story - not how big my e-peen is.
    How could Blizzard throw away all that WoW is?
    Is it the fact that they don't want to hire the resources to make a truly rich PvE content patch?
    Nothing against PvP for those who enjoy it, but setting up PvP scenarios doesn't require nearly the content development that PvE requires. Only need open areas where players can hack and slash each other till the cows come home.
    THe story and lore in PVE has been in decline for quite som time. This is just the last gasp.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Deleted
    best
    expansion
    ever

screw these pve guys!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Pandaren will rock the house. I want war. Back to Vanilla!
    Pfft. Vanilla. You mean when the peace treaty was in effect?

Blizzard said they are taking it back to WC2 levels. Open warfare, all out, worldwide.

Horde vs. Alliance =/= PvP. You can have Horde vs. Alliance through PvE as well as PvP, not to mention that while the main focus will be on Horde vs. Alliance there's still a ton of panda stuff. Yay pandas!

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Pandaren will rock the house. I want war. Back to Vanilla!
    Cause peaceful Panda's make us feel like going to War? I feel like sitting down and sleeping looking at Pandas....

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres been plenty of examples of 'PVP' Scenarios in PVE content.

Or did you all slip into a coma for wotlk and cata?

In Wrath there was Grizzly hills (Though as mentioned before this wasn't a thing everyone would partake in)
    There was ToC, all of it. It promoted the crap out of horde vs alliance, you just hated on it too much to notice (irony'd)
    There was the ulduar conflict at the Citadel, though, to your benefit, pvp people, that was a cinematic
    In ICC, there was the Gunship Battle (Again, you seem to neglect this)

In Cata there was all the revamped content, to name a few, Silverpine, The Barrens (Both I believe) Hillsbrad, Arathi Highlands

The only thing thats 'changed' for MoP, is that it's an entire Expansion focused around it, not a zone.

My curious question is, in regards to this, is who is going to die?

Oh come on you can't tell me you guys don't think were going to have an expansion where faff all happens. Lore characters are going to die.

It'll be a Horse vs Alliance, not player versus player. (unless of course, I misunderstood)

E.g. CPU-controlled entities vs CPU-controlled entities.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It'll be a Horse vs Alliance, not player versus player.
    Die, horse! Die!

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Die, horse! Die!
    /shady eyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Do you honestly think they are going to let their cash cow that is pve fall by the way side? They didnt say there were going to be no raids, there just is'nt going to be a main villian like Arthas in wrath and Deathwing in cata. Trust me there will still be plenty of bad guys to slay.
    This. It will be like Vanilla, in that you are adventuring an unexplored land and aiding others where you can. The Pandaren themselves are out to help get the Alliance and Horde to chill out from what Metzen says, and there will still be many things for adventurers with no interest in the faction hostilities to involve themselves in.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!