Thoughts on how Monks relate to Druids

I was just thinking about this but from what I'm reading, Monks will be capable of tanking, healing, and dps and will be a leather-wearing class? So with another leather-wearer who will both tank and dps, does this mean we may actually get gear that's itemized for tanking again?

The other question is, what really is the difference between Monks and Druids besides the fact that we get shafted and have a hybrid tank/dps tree while they will have separate trees for tanking and dps? Will Monks who dont spec healing be the new feral Druids?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Say hello to the Pandaren Monks. They are here to take all your gear and replace your raid slot.

You have my condolences.

Well, Talent tree's are getting changed as well. If you're going to feral tank you will most likely have a more clear choice. People jumpin the gun... Whatever that actually means

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids now have 4 specs. Congratz!

More importantly, they will apparently also use int leather for healing, which means that there will be two classes using it instead of just one. this could be quite helpfull...

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I was just thinking about this but from what I'm reading, Monks will be capable of tanking, healing, and dps and will be a leather-wearing class? So with another leather-wearer who will both tank and dps, does this mean we may actually get gear that's itemized for tanking again?

The other question is, what really is the difference between Monks and Druids besides the fact that we get shafted and have a hybrid tank/dps tree while they will have separate trees for tanking and dps? Will Monks who dont spec healing be the new feral Druids?
    I think there is a very good chance that we could see tanking leather. From a gear perspective, current caster leather looks like the druid tier, and agility leather looks like the rogue tier. Since Monks will get their own tier sets, and 2/3 specs will be agility based, it makes sense for at least one set of agility leather to look like the monk. If we give monks/bears tanking leather, it separates allows you to have 3 leather styles that will be distinct.

I can also see blizzard making tank leather because it will take more of the survivability out of passive talents and put it into stats on gear. It also has the "bonus" of normalizing bear dps with the other tanks.

Wait and see how they fit into a raid. I predict they'll be horrendously overpowered at release and will be in line with the other healers by the middle of the first tier. They could also just as easily be horrendous at launch, though.

This is the type of healing style I've been wanting for awhile. I started leveling my disc priest when Atonement was viable, but stopped middway because it became a lot less useful.

Not to mention I haven't tanked in awhile and I having a Feral(I mean windwalker =P) offspec is going to be awesome. Hopefully the gear for Feral, Guardian, and Brewmaster to all share.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rerolling monk.. That's how it relates.

Deleted
    Should have made them wear mail. Damn stuff is useless now Shamans are kind of crap in pve

But on a more serious note, does it really matter? I'll dabble into the Pandaren monk stuff, druid will probably still be my main.