Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha "You are not prepared" Nope, not at all. Waited all of T10 for Finkle's Mixer Upper.

Dropped for us after getting the Firelands wand, I won the roll and DE'd it on the spot, bloody wand.
    Last edited by Madam; 2011-10-24 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    The real question is if they'll have an auto attack feature, or the current craptastic mechanic.
    ^^^ This for sure. I'd like to know that's what they're going to do with it but I'd certainly be surprised if they did. With the new Monk class they're removing one form of an autoattack and I'd be surprised to see them put a different version back in within another.

Also, I'm not concerned over the loss of a "stat slot" with this since I figure they'll just increase the stats on the items remaining to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Hmmmmmm i dont know guys. Did anyone else take this as an excuse to stop making new weapon models?
    Remember, also, that dungeon challenges will reward exclusive vanity items specifically made for mogging, so, if anything, there will be more models [assuming that the challenges will reward vanity weapon models].

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmmm i dont know guys. Did anyone else take this as an excuse to stop making new weapon models? don't get me wrong, unlike a few others, i like blizzard and what they have brought to the table..but watching metzen at blizzcon was weird. he seemed totally out of it.
    No. Also, please don't bring that weird conspiracy stuff to the Priest forum. He was fine. It was fine. It's all fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmmm i dont know guys. Did anyone else take this as an excuse to stop making new weapon models? don't get me wrong, unlike a few others, i like blizzard and what they have brought to the table..but watching metzen at blizzcon was weird. he seemed totally out of it.
    What part of this translates to no new weapon models? If anything it puts more focus on Blizz making wands look even better than some of them are/aren't. I personally think it's a nice change to eliminate that extra stat stick slot and give us just the baseline weapon, especially since i've always been a fan of wands, just ask my guild. All through WotLK i'd say, "hey guys, you wanna touch my wand?" To which i would recieve some pedophilia jokes and dish some out as well, love me some childrens week! XD

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    The real question is if they'll have an auto attack feature, or the current craptastic mechanic.
    If my understand is correct, Blizz only said that Monks would not have auto-attack, due to the fact that their resource for abilities would be generated as such and they wouldn't want monks auto-generating light/dark energy. So i'd imagine that all other classes shall remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelion View Post
    If my understand is correct, Blizz only said that Monks would not have auto-attack, due to the fact that their resource for abilities would be generated as such and they wouldn't want monks auto-generating light/dark energy. So i'd imagine that all other classes shall remain the same.
    Well, Wands don't currently work as an auto-attack. They have "Shoot" which kind of generates its own GCD and interferes with spellcasting.

This functionality is garbage. If wands stay ranged, but use an auto-attack feature, it certainly opens up possibilities. And I mean, it's not like ammunition is something to be balanced against anymore.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I just realized...we'll be able to accidentally right-click-pull bosses with a ranged weapon as our primary weapon... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I just realized...we'll be able to accidentally right-click-pull bosses with a ranged weapon as our primary weapon... XD
    And much lulz will be had!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Finally, my http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=72871#. i'm gonna trasmog in will be visible.

I'm just glad I'll be able to craft wands in enchanting for my raiding toons ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Finally, my http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=72871#. i'm gonna trasmog in will be visible.
    *gasp* sailor moon wand! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Well, Wands don't currently work as an auto-attack. They have "Shoot" which kind of generates its own GCD and interferes with spellcasting.

This functionality is garbage. If wands stay ranged, but use an auto-attack feature, it certainly opens up possibilities. And I mean, it's not like ammunition is something to be balanced against anymore.
    You have a point there... That'll be interresting to see but if they do make it an actual auto-attack then that means that even healers would be able to put out like 2k dps when healing since when not casting you'd be dpsing with the wand. XD

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 03:41 PM ----------

Another thing to think about too is the fact that since wands will be the main hands that means all enchanters will finally be able to craft our own weapons since enchanting was SUPPOSED to be able to do that when it was released, but sadly a lvl 5 wand isn't enough lol, so now we can make new ones

they won't make it an autohit ability that doesn't intefere with spellcasting. why should they? there is no such thing, and it doesnt make sense to have it.
    I can imagine it will just keep its current range white dmg style, that does crappy dmg, but will be equipt in mainhand and will have tonnes of spelldmg on it, and that's it.
    they could buff the dmg, but who cares, you never get round to use it anyway.

what i wonder more, is what is going to happen to other int weapons?
    It would be a chance to cleanup the weapons, ie make swords/dags etc only for melee classes, and let every class that casts arround use a wand...
    would make sense somehow, but don't know if I want that...
    (mainly because blizz is dumb in terms of balancing loot chances... raided firelands only in 10m, all that wasted healplate or healeather, all that missing cloth...)

Honestly I don't see why they wouldn't make it an auto attack that doesn't interfere with casting... I mean as it is today if we really wanted to we could stand in melee and auto attack and cast our spells just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I expect wands can be caster "melee" weapons, and will be filling the same role as maces and daggers do now. What really matters is if they manage to actually include casting animations to include the weapon or not, because while I may not be the next Hermione, I'd love to take a stab at Gandalf or Raistlin with a badass staff inclusion in my casting.
    they have talked about doing this, and since blizzard has to rework all of the bone structure and animations of every class for monk anyway, they will probably do that too

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelion View Post

[/COLOR]Another thing to think about too is the fact that since wands will be the main hands that means all enchanters will finally be able to craft our own weapons since enchanting was SUPPOSED to be able to do that when it was released, but sadly a lvl 5 wand isn't enough lol, so now we can make new ones
    I have always thought it unfair that you could make swords, daggers, axes, polearms, and guns. but no one can make a staff or caster wep.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.