Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What is 'Double Time'? The warrior talent they are talking about? Also shadowstep as assasination sounds amazing.

im still waiting for the DK T13 and now i realy wonder how much they gona feck up the class in MoP...

this is sounding pritty good will still be alot of min maxing per boss i say

For example, any rogue can have Shadowstep!
    yes...this is definately what this game needs in pvp... Shadowstep and cheat death for every rogue...

WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WA T.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.WAT.I am slightly startled by this and profoundly impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    What is 'Double Time'? The warrior talent they are talking about? Also shadowstep as assasination sounds amazing.
    Just by name alone I assume it halves the cool down on charge.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oguobougo View Post
    WoW is a computer game, hence it's based on math. There will ALWAYS be a cookie cutter build, since one specc will always be better then the rest, based on the math behind them. No idea why blizzard doesn't see this.
    That's not what they mean by cookie cutter builds. True customization means you can pick what you want without consequences. There will be a varying degree of difference between two of the same class\spec. When they refer to cookie cutter, they mean the majority of one class\spec chooses the SAME talents because that's what optimal.

All that is fine, except it's not true customization. It's choices for the sake of it, even though it doesn't really matter. As talents are now, you could just scrap the entire thing and GIVE people their talents as actual passive traits\abilities, and you get the same thing as what we're choosing at the moment.

In an ideal game, a Rogue would have 50 options, but can only choose 25. So one chooses the first 25, one chooses the second 25 and both rogues, though different, are just as competitive. Thats what they're aiming for. Thats not cookie cutter. But when every rogue is choosing the first 25 b\c the second 25 aren't as good. That leads to cookie cutter.

And you're right, it's not a big deal if thats what you want. Theres nothing wrong with that design by itself -- but obviously, thats the not design WoW wants. =)
    Almost Epic - Short Stories and Musings of nearly epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by videogamerpat View Post
    Just by name alone I assume it halves the cool down on charge.
    Hmm so Juggernaut can charge in combat, but this makes it so you can charge twice as often but only out of combat? I guess that would be pretty cool for leveling or tanking if warbringer still exists.

Shaman tanks please?

Deleted
    So i can pick 6 talents total (at lvl 90) and all of them will be in the same tree (there won't be any trees actually).

What do you think, how will they solve hybrid class talents? Judging from this pic: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...tober/pp76.jpg if you want to be tank, you really dont have much of a choice.

Blood DKs rejoice we have heard you cry you can in fact get AMZ for raiding. but you have to give up bone shield. you know that ability we buffed because we thought it was a good way to increase your survivability and reduce incoming damage. So really we are saying "fuck you DKs"

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    yes...this is definately what this game needs in pvp... Shadowstep and cheat death for every rogue...
    And a one-class legendary for them, too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    I just wanna give a shout out to Boubouille, and all people behind all this coverage and say THANK YOU ALL! - AMAZING JOB!.. You guys do so much for the community, Let's All bake a cake for Boubouille,

I approve of this message, until he maybe, gives some updates on SC2, but sure lets bake him a cake with 2 layers.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is starting to sound more and more amazing. From the little bit of information so far, the 'three specs' are gone. We're basically down to having 10 classes, with one tree. And a nearly limitless way to create a final spec. There will, of course, in the future be 'cookie cutter' options. Theorycrafters will always find the optimal builds, but at least this way there will be room for variation and experimentation. This is really exciting. =)

double time is dobbel charge, aka you can charge two times in say 2 secs!

Blizzard just destroyed the game I loved. I can't descibe how much I despise all these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oguobougo View Post
    WoW is a computer game, hence it's based on math. There will ALWAYS be a cookie cutter build, since one specc will always be better then the rest, based on the math behind them. No idea why blizzard doesn't see this.
    I think the idea is that option A, B, and C will be more of a style choice than a numbers choice. I'd imagine that there won't be any pure dps talents. Or if there are, they will be easy to balance out. i.e. killing spree hits as hard as shadow dance which is the same as vendetta
    Last edited by metalgemini; 2011-10-21 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive changed my opinion on MoP, now im fucking PUMPEP! Also, im not quite sure where shaman will be heading =/

this is looking so sick, game changer indeed :P dks get mass death grip at 90!