Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since this will be working like glyphs the only difference this will make is cookie cutter builds for each separate encounter. Except instead of having 3 diff classes with 3 different talent specs it's gonna end up with every spec of one class most likely having the same spec for each different encounter.

This change is a gimic. There will still be certain specs everyone plays. All they are doing is making things easier to balance for them. The problem with that is in doing so they are taking things away from players rather than adding. Why should I buy their next expansion to have things taken away? I would think they'd have learned their lesson after cata, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by k1037 View Post
    People who think this is going to add customization or unique builds: You can change them at any time, just like glyphs. EVERYONE will have access to EVERYTHING. There's no need for cookie cutter anything now - because you won't actually have specs or ever need to choose anything other than what you want to use for the next 5 minutes. This makes all players identical.
    Yeah, just like every one does with their major and minor glyphs for every encounter while you raid! Oh, wait...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

This expansion looks awesome but the new talent system looks worryingly imo. Regardless of what they do anyway, raiders are gonna copy their Paragon class hero etc so we'll just have to see how it pans out. Looking at the druid ones though it just seems like there's a huge lean towards PvP and little or nothing for PvE unless raiding as we know it so far is going to change dramatically too with regards the basic trinity duties.

what the hell are they doing with the priest talents. they're so bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOVING the new talent system. Also, the talents for the classes I'm interested in (Shaman, Hunter, Rogue) look pretty darn interesting.

So no new fundamental changes and the worst talent setup for magi? Thank you blizzard.

This system seems oddly similar to what their doing in Diablo 3

Deleted
    Those talents are not going to bring diversity.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC: We've never done an AOE interrupt before

Orly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwing Specialiation
    Increases the range of Throw and Deadly Throw by 10 yards and gives your Deadly Throw a 100% chance to interrupt the target for 3 sec.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=51679/t...specialization

Classes like Druid and Paladin are gonna end up absolutely having diff cookie cutter builds for the diff spec.s It's amazing how Blizzard's continued attempt to reduce homogenization is making things more so.

Deleted
    In thread 'Ask the mods' for death knights months ago someone asked : ''Will dks get some of lich king's abilites?'' and blue answer was : ''lvl 90'' ))

I feel like am playing a very different game.

Deleted
    What color will be the monks text, name or whatever ? This is just haunts me !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm just waiting for the rogue... I hope they'll make the assassiantion spec for PvP.
    There are no talent specs though if I'm reading it correctly. All classes just get 1 talent tree to choose from and from each tier I believe you choose just one of the talents.

Not entirely sure of it myself. Will have to just wait and see what happens. Hopefully they'll pre-release the talents just before the new expansion comes out so get a proper look.

Deleted
    Shaman talents... seriously? Looks like i'm going to stop playing with my shaman... thanks blizz

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever Blizzard is smoking..I want to get some. Must be nice to lose your mind.

So the mage talent setup has virtually no PvE talents. Make some cool and creative passives blizz. You have a while. The mage talents are a joke. Coupled with no fundamental changes, i'm pretty disappointed

This looks cool but I don't think it will change cookie cutter builds at all. It looks like there may be a few viable builds so say you have 3 resto shamans in the raid they will be different spec'd to bring more utlitiy. In a fight with no real gimmicks or for soloing there is always that optimal build though.

New talent system is just a joke.. 6 choices, at least half of them is gonna be very simple and the rest will be choice between 2. Some of the classes even had completely uninteresting talents all over, especially with how they treated hybrid classes with role specific tiers.