Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakrator666 View Post
    Mages ..... Im lost for words ONE new or reworked talent ONE on FIRST tier.... great and exciting expansion it will be doing what we did for last 2 expansions EXACLY THE SAME WAY. Some class changes look awesome, locks, rogues nice fresh approach, opportunity to rediscover ways of playing class... mages... apart from polymorph which has NO use in raiding NOTHING CHANGED, i was very dissapointed going thru mage talents after seeing other classes changes first...And btw welcome in the World Of PokeCraft... FAIL
    Man I hadn't seen the mage talents yet. Thought the shaman ones were rough, but.... mana shield as a talent =o and an entire polymorph tier.... wtf is that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm LOVING the new demons to summon for Warlock tier 5!! Woo! I'm excited to learn more!

10+ Year Old Account
    I see EVERY class and every specc have BIG BIG improvements for PvP, besides Resto druids..... Well, now its clear to me, what i've thought since Cata came. BLIZZARD HATES RESTO DRUIDS for PvP.... This is just pathetic, we need some BIG improvement....

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    I see EVERY class and every specc have BIG BIG improvements for PvP, besides Resto druids..... Well, now its clear to me, what i've thought since Cata came. BLIZZARD HATES RESTO DRUIDS for PvP.... This is just pathetic, we need some BIG improvement....

From what i've seen, druids are going to be a strong support class in pvp, and players will have to learn shift-swapping to the extreme to maximum usefulness.

Although from the talents provided, these changes are very dangerous.

Also note, that i imagine druids will be sharing gear with monks on a agi/int platform allowing forms to be viable given the situation.

Just a guess assuming the agi/int platform is true from heresay.

If I played pvp at all, I would be ecstatic about this new system. I don't. I raid. Blizzard, you want players to abandon the "Cookie Cutter" mentality. But you make that impossible. All Mutilate rogues will be identical. All Combat rogues will be identical. All pve rogues will take Subterfuge. All pve rogues will take Shadowstep. Elitist Jerks will figure out which talent in the last tier does more damage for each spec in about 10 minutes, and all rogues in those respective specs will take that talent. The only difference will be talents that aren't fun in pve because they won't be used. These trees, and I'm not talking about only rogues here, are for pvp players. I look at what you offer, as a raiding rogue, and I yawn.

What in the world happened to shadow priests... Dark Archangel now costs orbs and is in the same tier as the new 'In Darkness Comes Light' and Twist of Fate and Power Infusion on the same tier. None of those talents have anything to do with the shadow tree that exists, which I hope means that every single PvE 'cookie cutter' talent is just given to us. There is no customization for Shadow. With 2 healing trees as a priest, they made almost all of it healing or PvP. This will be just awesome... fml...

Quote Originally Posted by Redclayhawk View Post
    If I played pvp at all, I would be ecstatic about this new system. I don't. I raid. Blizzard, you want players to abandon the "Cookie Cutter" mentality. But you make that impossible. All Mutilate rogues will be identical. All Combat rogues will be identical. All pve rogues will take Subterfuge. All pve rogues will take Shadowstep. Elitist Jerks will figure out which talent in the last tier does more damage for each spec in about 10 minutes, and all rogues in those respective specs will take that talent. The only difference will be talents that aren't fun in pve because they won't be used. These trees, and I'm not talking about only rogues here, are for pvp players. I look at what you offer, as a raiding rogue, and I yawn.
    is so true u_u ... too simple now

Gg blizzard dumping down the game for the kids just cause they are too lazy too google specs.And that's where i leave this game hopefully bioware devs will be smarter.

I have to agree that PVE / Raiding options feel neglected. Then again, it's the damage increase abilities that tend to be the cookie cutter options anyway, so maybe it does make sense that the previous cookie cutter talents are all baked in.Change is scary...not sure how I feel about the new talent system. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    not even a good one for druids....

wall of text

worst thing of all ? not only those talents sucks for balance druids and make use choose only one of 3 buff every row when every other caster has them baseline, make us change from moonkin form (and loose the -15% dmg) because we are being forced into cat form, but they also gives nothing to resto druids except a very poor heal every 10 sec (cenarion ward)
    Talents aren't set in stone yet.
    Bolded, underlined, increased text size and put in italics so you don't miss it this time...

If you look at talents like Incarnation it says Example: in the tooltip, these are certainly not the final talents.

And from what I've seen the druid talents are looking to be pretty awesome, highly based on utility (tank dies, need to pick up adds running rampant, hit Heart of the Wild pick em up, deal with it, gg you have saved your raid), you seem to be a VERY pessimistic person...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    6 talents and some of them have absolutly NOTHING to do with the spec and they way you play. Just horrible.
    Example - how do forced tank/pvp talent improve PVE healing paladin ?
    Answer... it doesnt. Talking about POINTLESS talents - BLizzard have just created much much more of them. Sounds absolutly horrible.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...adin_tier3.jpg
    Im pretty sure being alive helps you heal. These talents look to do that, first one helps give holy power, 2nd one helps you stay alive passively, and 3rd is a cd to keep you alive.

I know talents aren't set in stone yet but mages talents seemed boring compared to the other ones, i mean warriors, druids,warlocks and priests are getting neat new abilities but mages like i said seem boring...

10+ Year Old Account
    These look amazing...especially when you keep in mind these are not final versions. It seems they are getting closer to their goal of having more interesting and tough choices to make with each point. I was not excited at all for pandas or the new continent....but these talent previews give me real hope that I may keep playing. This may be interesting.

Is anyone else less than thrilled at the idea of having only 6 talents?
    CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.4 Ghz l Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 l MB: Asrock Z77 Xtreme4 l Memory: 8GB Gskill Ripjaws X l GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 l SSD: Crucial M4 256 GB l HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black l PSU: Corsair HX850 l Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower l
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    i'm going to report you for trolling. you don't have the right to disagree with my opinion.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage needs a lot of work. There's like ONE decent new thing, and other than that we're forced to choose between multiple things we already have. For example: Mana shield and Ice barrier, Cone of Cold and Ring of Frost (wtf). The only things in there for mages are a ton of nerfs.Also, the hunter changed are absurd. Way too much of a buff, when they're already stupid OP.I can't wait to see the changes to these.Only real plus I see is some much-needed warlock love. Though like most other good warlock ideas, they'll probably get scrapped for something lackluster.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna lie when I first saw the news this morning I was a little more the skeptical about the new expansion but now that I came home from work and read into everything and all the details, I'm more then excited for this expansion. Blizzard has so many details set already I think this expansion will be great and I think that it will be a ton of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampwn View Post
    Is anyone else less than thrilled at the idea of having only 6 talents?

At the moment I'm playing Elem, and I have to choose where I'm putting 5 points, every other talent points are mandatory.
    With those 5 points I can choose 4 talent who are more or less useless.

The new system cannot be more frustating ^^

Deleted
    oh...my...god BLIZZARD I LOVE YOU! Now it's like you create your own class depending on which talents you pick!!! AMAZING.WoW gets better and better...Competitors? GIVE IT UP!

All the people raging about how cookie-cutter builds will always exist: have you looked at these? The hunter tree, for example: All of the choices are important choices, but only two of them directly affect DPS - tier 1 and tier 5. And even then, I imagine the choices would be substantial. If I wanted higher on-demand burst, I would take Arcane Arrows in tier one and Readiness in tier 5, then unload all my cooldowns twice in burn-phase, with Arcane Arrows returning enough focus to keep flinging arrows. If I wanted higher sustained DPS, I would take Venom Tipped Arrows in T1 and Thrill of the Hunt in T5. Fervor, on the other hand, doesn't look that useful. In the current state of hunter abilities, if 1/7 abilities procced a 100% cost return with Thrill of the Hunt would probably give back quite a bit more focus in those 2 minutes.. but that's why these talents aren't set in stone.

Deleted
    Hell yeah, finally new demons for warlocks by the grimoirs. I wonder if the old races get a redesigned too. compared to pandas, gobbos or worgen they look kinda...shabby.