Thread: Void Shift

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    3 min cooldown? This will never go live. Pretty much a lay on hands you can use 2-3 times in a single fight way too overpowered for pve

if not nerf'd, see a lot of heavy spike damage fights where 3 priests get brought

Urg thanks for pointing that out,

I now have to level my priest to 90 to be a take my revenge out on someone random for someone doing it to me character, and dont think I wont cause I did it for life grip!
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    3 min cooldown? This will never go live. Pretty much a lay on hands you can use 2-3 times in a single fight way too overpowered for pve

if not nerf'd, see a lot of heavy spike damage fights where 3 priests get brought
    It almost fully kills the Priest. If the heavy spike damage is spread out enough, Vampiric Dominance wins. Heavy tank damage wants Vow. And either way, this is mich better than the 3 minute raidwall style cooldowns. I hope they go to hell, in all honesty.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    just wondering, when you're a priest, are you created a psycho or do you grow in that role while leveling?

because EVERY 5th thread i read on these forums seems to handle a different way of griefing your raid members or the opposing faction, often in the bitchiest of ways. on my own priest, i only use life grip to save people if they stand in fire, yet you guys are content to life grip people INTO fire.
    Basically. Priest's ego are AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    Im more curious (read: concerned) how they will be delineating and defining the differences in Disc vs Holy since you share the same tree. What will the 'spec bonuses' be?
    The differences will mostly come from spells. Disc and Holy will not have the same spells, because now what you get is based on what spec you have chosen. Talents are on the side from spec now. Now, you chose your spec at 10, and thru leveling you get some base spells and some spec spells, just for being there. Then, you have a talent tree on the side that is spec neutral.

If they want disc to be different from holy, they just give them different spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Deleted
    just wondering, when you're a priest, are you created a psycho or do you grow in that role while leveling?

because EVERY 5th thread i read on these forums seems to handle a different way of griefing your raid members or the opposing faction, often in the bitchiest of ways. on my own priest, i only use life grip to save people if they stand in fire, yet you guys are content to life grip people INTO fire.
    No, it's just that the majority of people in WoW would do it if they could. Priests however, can do it, therefore, you get threads on how to grief people with Life Grip in the Priest Forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    No, it's just that the majority of people in WoW would do it if they could. Priests however, can do it, therefore, you get threads on how to grief people with Life Grip in the Priest Forum.
    Pretty much this, I'm proud to admit I levelled my Priest (and then made it my main) purely for Life Grip

It's a long and honorable priest tradition, dating back to using MC to throw people off chains in Blackrock Depths.

Deleted

Leveling up as a priest is enough to drive anybody insane.

It's just so easy to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Shift can be awesome as it synergise well with Desprate Prayer, perhaps it triggers Final Prayer as well but i dont think so.
    Vow of Unity 50% damage reduction and i do think this could trigger Final Prayer, if shits hits the fan.

Vow of Unity + Bullwark and u dont take as much damage but costs more mana.
    Vow of Unity + Final Prayer if these attacks takes u low u get a shield with no mana cost.
    Vow of Unity + Desprate Prayer, seeing its also a Binding Heal type of CD and u prolly be healing the tank when u use VoU there wont be a need for Desprate prayer.

Shift + Bullwark gives u enough time to cast a heal or for others to heal u up costs extra mana.
    Shift + Desprate prayer this is a very powerfull combination and in 2 GCD's its better than bullwark and Desprate Prayer cost no mana.
    Shift + Final Prayer mana less free shield as big as 20% of ur health, dont think the shift will cause this proc and still deprate prayer is faster to heal ur self up and also a free instant spell cept for the GCD.

Tank on 5% Shift now u on 5% + the heal which is 25% of ur health u get after its duration and Desprate prayer healing u for 30% of ur health. u being back on 60% health in no time (assuming no raid damage ) and u can always shield ur self as well, thats 2 GCD's and u saved the day perhaps 3 if u need to shield ur self.

PvP wise both CD's might be considered OP in combination with Desperate prayer.

They should have made Void Shift usable on the other faction, enemy players in PvP. Now that would make this an awsome ability. Think Dragon Ball Z and Captain Ginu.

Someone is pouncing on you the entire duration, and towards the end you void shift with them around 5% health. That rogue that almost killed you, now has 5% health and will die to a quick SWeath.

Would be an awsome ability if you could only use it on the other faction. Make bosses immune though.