Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Official Thread] Mists of Pandaria - Rogue Changes

Rogue changes in 5.0

This is a thread for discussion on all things Rogue in the upcoming expansion Mists of Pandaria in one place, instead of 100 threads on the same subject.

Rogue's Talents Preview

Remember: All talents are subject to change, nothing is set in stone yet.

Ranged Weapons:

- Rogues and Warriors can now throw their melee weapon.

All classes:

- Spell books cleaned up, got rid of more junk, the goal is to clean up action bars a little more without removing the fun things.
    - Rotations will be improved.
    - Spells will be automatically learned, you won't have to go to your trainer anymore.
    - You will get a new spell at level 87, level 90 new talent point.
    - Talent trees should be fun, and you should have more choice than just a cookie cutter build.

----

This is all we have right now I believe. The new poisons kinda look OP! Shadowstep available to every Rogue, some people have been crying for this for a long time now.

If I've missed anything out, or new stuff to be added that I don't pick up, send me a PM and I'll add it!

DISCUSS.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks like, since you get a talent for two different poisons, that poisons will become actual spells now.

Thanks for stealing the Thread Idea, but still, good job.

Throwing melee weapons? Nice.
    New talents? I think it's a subject thing but for me it's a cool idea.
    Vendetta Vengeful Strike? I want to see this now.
    Paralytic Poison and the poison that heal you for 10% damage done? Imba!
    I'll go PvP with:
    1. Subterfuge or Shadow Focus
    2. Obviously choice: Nerve Strike
    3. Leeching Poison
    4. Preparation? Shadow Step?
    5. Hardest choice... But I don't know how much % chance of applying has paralytic poison.
    6. Shadow Dance if ambush will be doing more damage than Eviscerate, if not I'll go with Killing Spree.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2011-10-21 at 10:54 PM.

"Burst of Speed" with no CD? I can imagine they'll nerf this.
    Subterfuge seems also really nice.

And "Deadly Brew" vs "Paralytic Poison" vs "Dirty Tricks"? Tough decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Thanks for stealing the Thread Idea, but still, good job.

Paralytic Poison and the poison that heal you for 10% damage done? Imba!
    I saw your thread but it didn't really compile everything we know atm together, so I thought I'd make this. Hope it's not a problem And yeah I agree, paralytic poison does seem a bit OP atm, but then that can be said about a lot of classes upcoming changes, balance will be tuned a lot by release.

Quote Originally Posted by phistoh View Post
    "Burst of Speed" with no CD? I can imagine they'll nerf this.
    I like it too much haha, but it's quite costly

Dirty Tricks kinda ruins blind+vahish+sap (or blind+ShD+sap).
    Combat Readiness off shared CD with CoS? No brainer then. No brainer even if it's not.
    ShS - no brainer.
    Deadly brew - no brainer.
    Needs more info on re-designed Vendetta and KS, tho ShD still superior for PvP imho.

Cookie cutter (for PvP) is gone, definatly.

Deleted
    I think I'll miss cookie cutter though! Now everyone will be different or well lots of variation, I do like the idea of people having cookie cutter and it all coming down to skill on same gear levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do we get 1 talent point every tree? Or more? Kinda sad that I have to pick shadowstep or preparation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    Do we get 1 talent point every tree? Or more? Kinda sad that I have to pick shadowstep or preparation.
    lrn 2 read notes. yes, 1 talent per tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    And yeah I agree, paralytic poison does seem a bit OP atm, but then that can be said about a lot of classes upcoming changes, balance will be tuned a lot by release.
    Crippling poison is must have for PvP. It's either mind-numbing or wound for your offhand if you picked up Deadly Brew. If not - it's wound poison for MH.
    If you missed it - all healing reduction effects buffed up to 25% (in 4.3) and every class has self-healing abilities.
    And without Deadly Brew you pretty much can't afford Paralytic Poison (it means you can't afford it at all). Also you forgetting about diminishing returns and how your paralytic poison procs messes with CS and KS stun duration.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice thread, Sticky!

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Deleted
    ROGUES ARE NOW OP. HAHA ENJOY... -_-

...subterfuge, deadly throw, LEACHING POISON, paralytic poison. WOW. just... WOW..

Leeching Poison is making think that weapon swaping will make a comeback.

Deleted
    I was damn excited by these talent changes, till I saw i had to choose Shadowstep or Prep. Tough choice. Gonna miss the old Sub spec when MoP goes live.

It's interesting, I was just commenting to somebody the other day that I wished they'd remove Cold Snap, Preparation, and Readiness because they had a disproportionate effect in PvP where a burst of activity at the right time is the difference between winning and losing. It's nice to see these spread around more so that you're not limited to a single spec if such a talent is considered mandatory for PvP (I'd be surprised if PvP didn't still end up being a bit cookie-cutter on the talents, but that seems to be somewhat acceptable).

Edit: I didn't read Vendetta closely enough. That's rather interesting, and a nice breath of life into what was a pretty generic ability.

Second edit: Killing Spree is really different too. 5 CPs per "teleport" is really impressive.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-10-22 at 04:38 AM.

Loving the new changes. No more sitting like a puppy in the car while the fat owner goes into Buger King for mobility tweaks.

im just wondering if shadow focus will work with shadowdance....free ambushes...that seems dirty

Quote Originally Posted by captinhook View Post
    im just wondering if shadow focus will work with shadowdance....free ambushes...that seems dirty
    I doubt it. Shadowdance is worded such that you can use the abilities "regardless of being stealthed." So you aren't actually truly stealthed.

Also after looking over all the classes I've noticed that they've tried to avoid making any talents have too much synergy with each other. Obviously by virtue of improving your character they will, but if you check most of the talents they tend to avoid referencing any other talent (for instance, Cold Snap on Mages now only works on their base abilities and Water Elemental, not any of the talented Frost spells). I'd guess this is part of ensuring there really are many choices rather than a few "paths" that work too well together.

Paralytic Poison is actually very bad, if you think about it: it will share dimishing return with Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot.

Now, imagine that the RNG gods makes the poison proc at the worst time possible, when you really doesn't need a stun at all. Then, 6 seconds later, you want to Kidney Shot the target for a kill. Too bad, you only get a 2 sec Kidney Shot because it is still on DR. I really don't want a stun that I can't control, I take Dirty Tricks over it any day.

I don't know which one I'd choose between Burst of Speed or Shadowstep. Both are basically a tool to avoid kiting, but one is a free blink on a 24 sec cooldown while the other is a heroic fury spell with no cooldown that costs half your energy bar.
    Last edited by Adalwolf; 2011-10-22 at 04:42 AM.

Every rogue gets shadowstep? This is crazy, they're obviously trying to get people to play again and it's working, i want to resub.