Being excited at the idea of a chubby WoW race for once, especially one as adorable as a Panda, I had to go google this. So here is what I found. I honestly believe this is one of the better designs for the FemPan so far. Seriously. She's adorable. I'd immediately switch all my races to FemPans if this is what they look like. At least as close to this as possible.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/female+pandaren

Even still, I'd like to try and find someone that could take that thick body I linked and make a pandaren girl out of it. I'd like to see how that body would look with the pandaren women.

It would look like a female Dwarf with ears is what it'd look like. I'm too lazy to sketch one up but I can tell you right now that's what you'd end up with. That body type is typically found on average to above-average height women, and since Pandaren have a bit more squashed proportions (or at least when it comes to their limbs) you'd basically end up with the current Dwarf model. But you know, fuzzy.

And I'm not sure you're statement about that other piece having a bigger gut than the male is entirely accurate. Have you see the animation vids that've been released? Those guys are pretty big around...from all angles!

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    It would look like a female Dwarf with ears is what it'd look like. I'm too lazy to sketch one up but I can tell you right now that's what you'd end up with. That body type is typically found on average to above-average height women, and since Pandaren have a bit more squashed proportions (or at least when it comes to their limbs) you'd basically end up with the current Dwarf model. But you know, fuzzy.

And I'm not sure you're statement about that other piece having a bigger gut than the male is entirely accurate. Have you see the animation vids that've been released? Those guys are pretty big around...from all angles!
    Yeah I saw the video here on mmo-champion. I paused at 0:12, if he was fat, I'd see for hips: (------) but what I saw was )------(

Then I paused again at 1:02 where we saw the side view of the pandaren with no belt in a tight fighting robe. It led me to believe the lower extremity of the males is large because of bone structure. I believe the males are all muscle except around the face. The legs are wider as are the hips, but still he's not entirely fat.

This leads me to believe the females will be an athletic version of the males. Kinda like how if you look at the male dwarf in the model viewer with facial hair turned off and no armor, from the front they would appear to be very fat. But turn to the side, and you see a lot of that gut is actually muscle. So yeah the females will probably be similar to how female dwarves are to male dwarves. They are smaller, and more curvy, but they are athletic and thick. Not fat, but healthy thick. We'd have to see the male pandaren without any armor to get an accurate look.

When I get my beta invite I will try to find a working model viewer to take that screenshot.

I'll do it, because this brings up yet again something I was trying to point out before.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i8...dimorphism.png

Notice that even with waistlines, the shorter races of Azeroth all share the same proportions, and I do not mean thickness, I mean the length of the limbs and torso. They are all also roughly the same height. No matter what else, the Pandaren women will have legs the same length as the males. Even slightly longer, that skeleton does not allow for a human-standard sizedown. It would look like oversized and deformed child with breasts, with a head size out of all proportion to the short slender body, a torso out of all proportion to the extremely short legs.

TBH I don't care what the model looks like I will still play it, Unless it is another Female Worgen (rabid Dog face) or a Dwarf (just look at them >_>)

Slender or Large I will still play a Pandaren! anyone feel the same?
    Female Panderen /Silly - "Can you bear with me? I want you to bear with me, I cannot bear talking to myself, and it’s so grizzly whenever I am alone. Give me a bear hug! Is that my sign, or ursine? My favorite colors are brown and black. This is a Kodak moment. And I cannot bear... oh screw this, I tire of these puns after time. I admit, I can be polar."

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Jenkins View Post
    I'll do it, because this brings up yet again something I was trying to point out before.

Notice that even with waistlines, the shorter races of Azeroth all share the same proportions, and I do not mean thickness, I mean the length of the limbs and torso. They are all also roughly the same height. No matter what else, the Pandaren women will have legs the same length as the males. Even slightly longer, that skeleton does not allow for a human-standard sizedown. It would look like oversized and deformed child with breasts, with a head size out of all proportion to the short slender body, a torso out of all proportion to the extremely short legs.
    You are assuming though that pandarens are going to be considered a short race. I don't believe they will be short at all. They will probably be as tall as a human. But yeah I agree the female legs will be relatively short just like the males, but body wise, I believe they will be more narrow than the males. And thanks for volunteering to give it a try

Wow! I LOVE IT! it all look like it is well balanced in size(+2), still have big boobs (+4), the face is really cute and round (+1) and it does not look like she has been half crushed my something (+1). So that what 8/10? I like, Just a side view is all I need to make it a 10/10
    Female Panderen /Silly - "Can you bear with me? I want you to bear with me, I cannot bear talking to myself, and it’s so grizzly whenever I am alone. Give me a bear hug! Is that my sign, or ursine? My favorite colors are brown and black. This is a Kodak moment. And I cannot bear... oh screw this, I tire of these puns after time. I admit, I can be polar."

Quote Originally Posted by TheSillyGoblin View Post
    Wow! I LOVE IT! it all look like it is well balanced in size(+2), still have big boobs (+4), the face is really cute and round (+1) and it does not look like she has been half crushed my something (+1). So that what 8/10? I like, Just a side view is all I need to make it a 10/10
    Yeah I like it as well, but I do think the legs will be slightly shorter. But yeah I agree, I believe that will be the direction Blizzard will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    You are assuming though that pandarens are going to be considered a short race. I don't believe they will be short at all. They will probably be as tall as a human. But yeah I agree the female legs will be relatively short just like the males, but body wise, I believe they will be more narrow than the males. And thanks for volunteering to give it a try
    Yet again, you misunderstand. It is not the height. It is the length of the limbs. A Pandaren female is not going to have legs twice the size of the male, nor arms. That picture is male proportions with your build. Five feet, six feet, it does not matter. Lengths may vary slightly between sexes, but that is what you will get. A deformed and oversized child with breasts, that looks absolutely nothing like their own species.

If you like that, I am afraid it is time to hit the anatomy books again, hard.
    Last edited by Tara Jenkins; 2011-10-25 at 06:24 AM.

Yeah I like it as well, but I do think the legs will be slightly shorter. But yeah I agree, I believe that will be the direction Blizzard will go.
    I like the leg length, I think its really good. I don't think I can find anything wrong with it, I myself would not change anything to it for the in game model (because things I would change would go past there "Teen" rating or what ever it is lol)

I think it's funny an anatomical nightmare is being praised because it has a small waist. If only anatomy were studied for sensible reasons, you would get the joke that drawing truly is. *shakes head*

As such, I will post right now, do not redistribute that as an example of a "thin Pandaren". You do not have my permission.

Y....you're kidding, right? That super long torso and stubby legs looks so....weird for something that's a panda. It hardly has a rib cage, she doesn't look like she has ANY balance in the hips at all-...actually she looks like a kid body with boobs slapped on. IMO pear shaped is perfect for the species. I understand females will be smaller than the males, but that just looks silly. :l

Quote Originally Posted by Dahngan View Post
    Y....you're kidding, right? That super long torso and stubby legs looks so....weird for something that's a panda. It hardly has a rib cage, she doesn't look like she has ANY balance in the hips at all-...actually she looks like a kid body with boobs slapped on. IMO pear shaped is perfect for the species. I understand females will be smaller than the males, but that just looks silly. :l
    Working as intended. However, I think I understand now how a complete lack of understanding in anatomy would cause such persistent demands to shove a Wakfu body in a Pandaren skeleton.

Yet again, you misunderstand. It is not the height. It is the length of the limbs. A Pandaren female is not going to have legs twice the size of the male, nor arms. That picture is male proportions with your build. Five feet, six feet, it does not matter. Lengths may vary slightly between sexes, but that is what you will get. A deformed and oversized child with breasts, that looks absolutely nothing like their own species.

If you like that, I am afraid it is time to hit the anatomy books again, hard.
    I thought I said the legs should be shorter on the females. Your drawing made the female legs longer than the males. That much is obvious. I suspect the females legs will be far shorter than your depiction. But even still, she's not too fat, not too thin, that is an in between look. I would actually shrink the bust size as well.

I like the leg length, I think its really good. I don't think I can find anything wrong with it, I myself would not change anything to it for the in game model (because things I would change would go past there "Teen" rating or what ever it is lol)
    lol I don't want sexed up pandarens. But cuddly-cute but looks as though she can perform the acrobatic moves of kung fu is what I'd prefer to aim for.

I think it's funny an anatomical nightmare is being praised because it has a small waist. If only anatomy were studied for sensible reasons, you would get the joke that drawing truly is. *shakes head*

As such, I will post right now, do not redistribute that as an example of a "thin Pandaren". You do not have my permission.
    Your statement is coming off as a bit heated. But don't worry I wont distribute it. Instead, I am going to see if I can get one of my artistic friends to draw one using the body for me, but I still believe the females will be narrower compared to the males, not super barbie skinny, but thick. I don't mind thick at all, but I think many of us want healthy thick. Like she at least spends time working out to get in shape for kung fu and charging into battle. Not "I am going to sit on this couch eating bon bons till I am 500lbs compared to my male counterparts"

So you posted a picture to show us how stupid it is?

So you posted a picture to show us how stupid it is?
    It's obvious from that pic, she posted it as a sarcasm. I think I'd like to find someone more neutral to do the body. Not someone that is loading her posts with sarcasm.

It's obvious from that pic, she posted it as a sarcasm. I think I'd like to find someone more neutral to do the body. Not someone that is loading her posts with sarcasm.
    I just think it's Stupit that is the picture looks good, but is not anatomically that instantly makes it bad >_> We are playing a fantasy game things don't have to make sense. Mind you I don't know if because the drawing is good, that also the CG model will to, I am under the impression that is it looks good on paper it will be fine in game?

She's being sarcastic because she is (deservedly) making fun of the people who, despite her clearly showing how such variations as they want just can't work when using the proportional guidelines WoW's characters have already established, will still stubbornly insist how "perfect" they are, when all these slimmer versions are, are a bunch of poorly-built anime characters and deformed muppets.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Because panda people work only by human standards in terms of fitness, and ANY FAT CONTENT is not natural!

No, seriously. Women have higher fat content than men, and fat exists in all body types, even athletic. The panda men obviously don't work by human standards of weight/fitness (Different skeleton, body content make up) So why do the women need to be as thin as a human? It makes zero sense. Besides, considering the center of gravity in a woman is in the hips, making her waist smaller seems the wrong route to go.

Now that I think about it, I don't think there's one WoW female race where the chest is bigger than the waist.