Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    So they take the concept of balanced gear and vanity and leave PVP players in the dark.This feature is way more deserving for PVP compared to PvE.
    Yeah that is odd. "Normalized gear" is a feature that really should be an option for PvP.

Overall, I like that Blizzard is actually adding new ideas this expansion, even though I don't agree with all of them. Cata was about revamping, refining, and pruning stuff that didn't work well (e.g. talent tree talents), but it had a distinct lack of "new".

I do think it's kind of funny how Blizzard enjoys directly copying ideas from other popular games: e.g. Pokemon (pet battles), TF2 (payload), DotA (duh), and Marathon et al. (Murderball). Oh well, if it's fun, I don't much care where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post
    So basically..

you would need more tanks/healers for 2.5 10 mans than you would 1 25 man? I suppose that makes sense.
    Do the math: given 50 players use the raid finder, building five 10-man groups would require 10 tanks, 15 healers and 25 damagers but building two 25-man groups would requires "only" 4 tanks, 12 healers and 34 damagers. What would be easier, finding 10 tanks or 4 ? This kinda makes sense for me.

(Note that the raid finder WILL build group with 2 tanks and 6 (or so) healers, because the "easy" encounters will be tuned against this raid comp.)

Deleted
    Its a blatant attempt to milk the Chinese market with a theme aimed at them as they know the EU/US is losing interest to other games coming out in 2011/2012.

Oh man! Scholomance? Never really liked that place... Would rather have seen Kara remade, but I guess that's hard to convert to a dungeon...

Scarlet monastery is a level 80 heroic? Whats the point in that?

Top Men.This amused me.

SM is a typo, its lvl90, or at least it was announced as such in the opening wow panel. Why would they suddenly create an new heroic for a lvlstage thats 2 expansions behind?

hooray for recycled content.... -_________-

I'm so happy about the new class. Pandas are cool. I wish they used the gear balancing concept for PvP as it deserves it way more. Challenge mode sounds so awesome and all of those nerds that wanted to be recognized as special snowflakes finally will. Love the talent trees., no flying till cap (super excited for this), and the DOTA BG looks pretty cool. Overall I like how the expansion is looking and I hope it gets released soon. I heard somewhere that this xpac would get released faster than the ones before it, any proof on that?

What?.... In WoTLK, the instances were finished quick and easily. I could gear up an alt in a weekend since the Heroics took maybe 20 minutes tops. Then we go to Cataclysm where Blizzard says "NO! Heroics have to be long and "hard" (quotations because they weren't really hard, they just required everyone knowing what to do). Now for the next expansion, it's back to WoTLK-style Heroics? Why didn't they just leave it like that instead of making Cataclysm Heroics long? That's seriously why I don't run them, because they take too long. But anyways, glad they're going back to the quick Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro9000 View Post
    Its a blatant attempt to milk the Chinese market with a theme aimed at them as they know the EU/US is losing interest to other games coming out in 2011/2012.
    Eh you'd be wrong, they don't need to aim it at them at all, they have a lot of players in China right now, they just don't pay as much as someone in the EU or US. they would always do better to advertise to the EU or US, and this works for the majority of us enough I am sure of that for anyone who has been a wow /warcraft fan long enough.

I have to say thought, I thought they would have givin rehashing content a rest, not something to front page about imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarlet monastery is level 80? do you mean 90?

Quote Originally Posted by zacish View Post
    Scarlet monastery is a level 80 heroic? Whats the point in that?
    I know.... I hope thats a typo (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    SM is a typo, its lvl90, or at least it was announced as such in the opening wow panel. Why would they suddenly create an new heroic for a lvlstage thats 2 expansions behind?
    Same reason they re-did the leveling areas from 1-60?

Finally - confirmation that Abyssal maw was a RAID - not a dungeon. So, that's TWO raids they axed in favor of fastforwarding to Deathwing. Not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    So they take the concept of balanced gear and vanity and leave PVP players in the dark.This feature is way more deserving for PVP compared to PvE.
    They got the idea for this probably from the idea of having a different look from 2200 pvp gear. Just instead of a recolor its a unique look. It honestly wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see them do something similar for pvp.

Hey why does it say that SM is going to be a lvl 80 heroic? Is it really going to be a lvl 80 heroic? You sure its not lvl 90?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post
    So basically..

you would need more tanks/healers for 2.5 10 mans than you would 1 25 man? I suppose that makes sense.
    There's that and you would need to account for the fact that people would be running both 10 and 25. That splits the pool up even more. Best to focus on one and 25s have the better ratio so 25 man was the easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Why did you start Cataclysm with so many bosses and raids, and then add so few in the later patches?
    Plans aren't finalized for the first tier yet. It might be two or three different raids, loot distribution also needs to be worked out.

This Q&A is a joke. I would be fired from my job if I gave answers like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibly View Post
    Same reason they re-did the leveling areas from 1-60?
    You cant compare level up content that every new character created after it will experience with an new heroic no-one will kill in intended gear since they are either undergeared/leveled or overgeared/lvled.