Deleted

Question Sith empire and republic language

Will the people playing the sith empire be able to communicate with people from the republic ? Or will there be a language barrier just like in wow with orcish and common language ?

Unless otherwise stated, everyone speaks Basic (common language) in Star Wars. Devs mentioned that factions will be able to interact in shared zones through General chat or something, but it's limited to neutral areas
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Last we heard they said they will be able to communicate if they found each other in person (/say, /yell, etc.). But the 2 different factions would not share general chat channels, tells, mail, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by torftw View Post
    Last we heard they said they will be able to communicate if they found each other in person (/say, /yell, etc.). But the 2 different factions would not share general chat channels, tells, mail, etc.
    yeah this is the most accurate atm, they said they tried to do general chat, but people kept meeting up to do a world boss and find out some of them are on the wrong faction.[COLOR="red"]

It would make sense to understand /say and /yell but nothing else. Everyone speaks the same language, but communicators have a factional limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torftw is spot on, you can comunicate face to face with people from the other faction (EXCELLENT change, you can finally tell that other guy to stop stealin your damn spawns ) but the general chat etc is faction specific, I seem to recal at one point it was global, but it got a little.... heated, especially on PvP servers, and basically just became a trolling/griefing tool, so they canned it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by torftw View Post
    That is what I heard.

In WoW terms,
    factions can /say and maybe /yell and /emote to each other.
    Factions cannot /whisper, /who, /join channel etc.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    That is what I heard.

In WoW terms,
    factions can /say and maybe /yell and /emote to each other.
    Factions cannot /whisper, /who, /join channel etc.
    I guess this covers my question, thanks guys