D3 Beta scam emails

I can hope that MMO-C readers are all smart enough to not fall for these scams, but just in case, I'm going to post the most common of the scam emails I got in the past couple days for the Beta invites, since I don't think it's been mentioned in these forums much yet. If you haven't got one yet, just be careful, they're probably coming...

Greetings from Blizzard Entertainment!

We’re gearing up for the forthcoming launch of Diablo III and would like to extend you an invitation to participate in the beta test. If you are interested in participating, you need to have a Battle.net account, which you can create on our Battle.net website.

We will flag you for access to the Diablo III beta test when we begin admitting press. You do not need to go through the opt-in process.

To secure your place among the first of Sanctuary’s heroes,Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* Name:
    * Battle.account name:
    * Password:
    * E-mail Address:

Thanks and see you all in the Burning Hells!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully not, but yeah thanks for posting!

That one was actually pretty clever, as instead of directing us to a fake website they tell us to mail them.
    However, the opt-in is there in order for blizzard to only get interested people to the beta, so if you aren't interested, you wouldn't need a mail like that.
    I wish there were some way to shut down thosse damn scammers, they do nothing but ruin other people's life. They could all go jump off a cliff or something, would make me happy(ier).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it might be against some rule to post scam mails.

Though anyone that is enough of a fool to fall for something as ridiculous as that might as well go ahead and lose the account.

Just in case anyone feels like falling for things like these:

For anything concerning Blizzard games - whatever it is - beta invites, account problems, etc.: it'll always be reflected on your battle.net account. When in doubt, log in to battle.net (type in the domain yourself to be extra sure) and check. If you're invited to the Diablo 3 Beta, you'll see this on your account page:

And you'll receive a mail as well, which looks like this:

You're Invited: Diablo III Beta Test

Congratulations! You've been selected to participate in the Diablo III beta test.

As a beta test participant, you'll have the chance to check out all five hero classes -- barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, and demon hunter. You'll fight your way through part of Act I and go head-to-skull against the Skeleton King, taking him on alone or cooperatively with other adventurers. You'll also get to meet up with some of the artisans, followers, and other key characters from Sanctuary, and try out the game's skill and crafting systems.

At the same time, you'll be helping us test the stability of the Battle.net(r) service and fine-tune the game balance prior to launch.

We also invite you to share your Diablo III beta experience with the world! All participants can take screen shots, capture video, and/or publicly disclose information about their beta test experience.

We look forward to hearing your feedback, and we'll see you on Battle.net!

Getting Started

1. Log in to Battle.net.
    2. Click on the "Account" button.

3. Click on Diablo III Beta game account listed under "Your Game Accounts".
    4. Verify your age.
    5. Select Windows or Mac as your operating system to download the beta client.
    6. Select "Run" when the installation .exe pop-up box appears.

Note: Your participation in the Diablo III beta test is governed by a Beta Test Agreement that you are required to accept before you can install the beta client.

Questions

Any questions? Check out the FAQ<http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/events/diablo3-announcement/index.html#beta:d3-faq>.

Sending Us Feedback

Once you've had a chance to play, we want to hear your thoughts! The game is still a work in progress, and one of the purposes of the beta test is to identify any issues and improve the player experience before the game ships. We encourage you to share your feedback by posting on our Diablo III Beta Forums<http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/#forum3430581>.

Troubleshooting

If you experience any issues setting up your Battle.net account, review this article<http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=26503&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=3552>.
    If you run into any difficulties installing the beta client, please contact technical support either by posting on the appropriate forum<http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3374140/> or using our web form<https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit>.

We hope you enjoy the game!
    Or like this, if your client supports HTML (yes, there is a HTML part with images attached in the mail)

Fyrn Galore, General a.D.
    President of Aesyr®. The only true Heavy Metal Guild there is.

Sigh git it this morning and knew it wasn't real. Wouldn't think they would send them out on a Saturday LOL. Saw the title And almost jumped for joy then I saw the Reply with Account name and Password

Poor guy thinks it's Saturday.